Ask Gary Foster (Producer), Part I

Hey Gary was there others reasons for the delay. It seem to me there are 2 more reasons.

#1) Majesco couldn't get the video game done in time so now Climax is making it. They need more time and it's important to get the game out at same time as film.

#2) Marvel was finalizing it's master toy agreement and it was up in the air who would make the toys. That was annouced today that Hasbro is now the company and Ghost Rider is the first film to have Hasbro Toys.

It's clear you want full merchandising support out at the same time as the movie. They feed off each other.

Note: Like the Hulk & Thing fists...Any chance at Ghost Rider Fists with real Hellfire? LOL

RedIsNotBlue said:
Nobody on this site has backed him up so I am still hesitant to believe it is really him still.

Whether it's him or not (and there is no reason NOT to believe him. I've spoken with him and it's genuine) there is no need to be rude. This is mostly directed at Dark Murdock. Your recent comments were harsh, be they true or not. We're VERY lucky individuals to have people from the movie chatting with us and I wouldn't want rude and harsh behaviour to stop them from doing so.

Please respect everyone on these boards.

^ So someone is just pretending to be a producer with the initials GSF. The middle initial is not on any site out there. You have to do some work to find out that Gary Fosters middle initial is S and that's after figuring out the easy part of the G & F. I agree...There's no reason for us not to believe it's him either. He has a huge interest in this film suceeding and going to the fans is a smart thing as they did for Blade Trinity on their boards. That's why I'm pissed that Marvel doesn't have a message board on their sites and when they sign actors and directors there should be a clause in the contract for them to make an online appearance and answer questions periodically. If I was a producer I'd be online in my spare time chatting with the fans. It's an investment in his money.

Advanced Dark said:
^ So someone is just pretending to be a producer with the initials GSF. The middle initial is not on any site out there. You have to do some work to find out that Gary Fosters middle initial is S and that's after figuring out the easy part of the G & F. I agree...There's no reason for us not to believe it's him either. He has a huge interest in this film suceeding and going to the fans is a smart thing as they did for Blade Trinity on their boards. That's why I'm pissed that Marvel doesn't have a message board on their sites and when they sign actors and directors there should be a clause in the contract for them to make an online appearance and answer questions periodically. If I was a producer I'd be online in my spare time chatting with the fans. It's an investment in his money.

No offense but you just pretty much contradicted yourself. You just said that he couldn't have found out the middle initial yet you did yourself. And I am not saying he is a liar...but I am not also saying it is in fact Gary Foster. Until someone high on the food chain on this site backs him up I will take his posts with a grain of salt (even though he is not even revealing anything.)

Well, MSJ hasen't been here since GSF started posting. I refuse to believe anything until he confirms it. I still look back at his first few posts and they did not sound like he had anything to do with this movie or any movie for that matter. He had to many comments like he was surprised with MSJ's answers. If he is GSF then great, but until it's confirmed I don't care.

RedIsNotBlue said:
No offense but you just pretty much contradicted yourself. You just said that he couldn't have found out the middle initial yet you did yourself. And I am not saying he is a liar...but I am not also saying it is in fact Gary Foster. Until someone high on the food chain on this site backs him up I will take his posts with a grain of salt (even though he is not even revealing anything.)

I didn't say I couldn't find it. I guess you haven't been reading this entire thread huh? I assumed those that are here had. I explained it way back in the beginning. If you go on any of the major sites he's listed as Gary Foster with no middle initial and I finally found it on some UK site that his middle initial was S. I find it hard to believe some moron would make up posts with the initials GSF just for a goof. Why not just say GF or G or Gary. I guess it's possible that it's an imposter but I doubt it. I believe it's him. This argument is going to get boring really quick.

Hey GSF post us a pic from the set that nobody has seen yet or have MSJ confirm this is you just so this thread doesn't degrade any further.

Advanced Dark said:
I didn't say I couldn't find it. I guess you haven't been reading this entire thread huh? I assumed those that are here had. I explained it way back in the beginning. If you go on any of the major sites he's listed as Gary Foster with no middle initial and I finally found it on some UK site that his middle initial was S. I find it hard to believe some moron would make up posts with the initials GSF just for a goof. Why not just say GF or G or Gary. I guess it's possible that it's an imposter but I doubt it. I believe it's him. This argument is going to get boring really quick.

Hey GSF post us a pic from the set that nobody has seen yet or have MSJ confirm this is you just so this thread doesn't degrade any further.

What?? I said you said that nobody could look it up and you did. Why couldn't another person? And this never was an argument. I really hope it is Foster. I am just saying I am hesitant to believe it is him without conformation. And you say no moron would go through the trouble?? You obviously haven't encountered the other frauds of this board...haha.

I never said nobody could look it up. I said the middle initial is not on any site out there. After that I clarified this saying I found it on a UK site. Why are we bickering over nothing?

Our ewe mi gramur teechur.

GSF This will take a bit of looking for,on the trailer pulled by the team blaze bus there is a number plate.
1. what are the numbers and letters on this plate
2. on this plate in the top left corner is a month which month is it.
If you get these right I'll be more than happy to buy you a beer when you come to Melbourne for the premeir.

Hello Mr GARY FOSTER, first of all i welcome you & its so good to have you here on these boards.My question to you is:

1) Do you & MSJ have any plans to make "DAREDEVIL-2".Did you guys ever talk about making its sequel after "GHOST RIDER"???

:daredevil :daredevil :daredevil
BEN AFFLECK played a superb DAREDEVIL
:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
Can't wait to see GHOST RIDER!!!

Aquinnah said:
I have never said that the DD theatrical cut was better than the Directors cut. My point in the featurette was whatever fights we go through in order to get to the final cut of picture, for better or worse, form the movie. There were decisions made that I didn' support, and some I did. But when it's done, it's done. I thinks it's naive to believe that any of us dictate changes. In most cases it's a collaboration. There are some instances when the studio insists (if they have final cut), and even then, they always allow the filmmakers to argue their point of view. Hey, there are some final cut directors that make decsions but will allow no input from others, including the studio. That's wrong.

It makes me laugh that you think I destroyed the directors vision. Mark is my partner. Our company would not last if I "forced" him to make changes against his will. Think about it. Would I be on GR if that were the case?

No decisions yet on premiers for GR. I want very much to do one in Melbourne.

GSF

VERY well put...I'm quite impressed.

Hey Gary, how long does Fox have before the rights expire on DD2 and they revert to Marvel. That would be interesting to know since Avi said DD2 would be made if he got the rights back. Why's Fox tying up the rights if they're not going to make it? Jeez.

New Regency actually owns the rights to DD2. Fox is their partner in funding the movies. Timing is everything. We all love those characters. Stay tuned.

GSF

RedIsNotBlue said:
What?? I said you said that nobody could look it up and you did. Why couldn't another person? And this never was an argument. I really hope it is Foster. I am just saying I am hesitant to believe it is him without conformation.

I'm not lookin for a signed pic either..but I hear what you're saying;)

Aquinnah said:
New Regency actually owns the rights to DD2. Fox is their partner in funding the movies. Timing is everything. We all love those characters. Stay tuned.

GSF

Thanks, Gary, you just made my heart skip a beat with that "stay tuned"...:eek: ;)

Since we're on topic, and I'm sure that Mark has had you read DD's "BORN AGAIN" arc, might I also suggest the recent "OUT" arc as well as "THE MURDOCK PAPERS"

(insert massive amounts of winking smileys here)

There has been a lot of speculation that Orange County Choppers or other Chopper place had built the Hell Cycle and or Grace, can you let us know if there was any in put other than from the guys on the crew

If not a theatrical sequel...Daredevil could be a cool TV series on HBO mixing the action with court room drama. Recast the lead role and if it gets high ratings you sell the season box sets and move the franchise back to the big screen with the new actor...and definately cast an unknown.

So many comic books could easily be done as animated series and be excellent. I am not a huge Spawn fan but I loved the animated series. We need more animated series like that.

Well hopefully all of these LGF DVD's will turn out good. With 4 on the books and 4 more coming if these are successful it's going to be great on these boards.

Hey, Gary by any chance do you have any advice for an aspiring film maker?

Such as how to make connections when at first entering the busy world of hollywood and how to stand out from the crowd?

Advanced Dark said:
If not a theatrical sequel...Daredevil could be a cool TV series on HBO mixing the action with court room drama. .

See, that's what I've been thinking forever...to me, DD seems like it was made for cutting edge TV

Gary, do you think you can shed some light on some special projects that you guys have in place for the DVD. Any goodies to share?

Hmm... still never figured out if this was really him did we? And, I think some of our doubts have scared him off.

Guys. Remember this? We still never fully knew did we?....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"