God of War 2: Devine Retribution (PS2)

Zenien

Reaction score
God of War II: Divine Retribution
Coming Fall 2006/Spring 2007

April 2006 issue of Game Informer.
http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=640287

Rumors
-It is beleived that Kratos will face off against the Gods...

110978725_45f644e3fa.jpg

110978789_e6a7c66ae3.jpg

110978771_569598fca3.jpg

110978748_f452f468ce.jpg

OMG I THINK I JUST SPLOOGED MY PANTS! OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS, THIS IS THE BEST INFORMATION EVER TO HIT THIS BOARD. I love this game this one killed any game I have ever played the story and gameplay were deinfatly next gen and it was on a PS2. OMG what is the story going to be like? I really need to know those pictures kill man. My friend and I think the story is going to be that you want to kill Zesus for a certain reason not going to say but if you know then good for you. Anyways and that he knows the little secret so your going after him and he's scared so he goes into hiding so you go around all of Oplympus and you are trying to kill every god to get information out of them and then you find out that he has this tower that like no one can reach so thats why you go to kill Ircarus to get his wings so that you can go up and get him. However the sun becomes a problem so you have to now go fight Appolo the sun god and make him not rise the sun for a while.

Dude I can't wait for this game, sony is a freakin genuis for having this as a launch title for PS3 and I'm so glad that this is coming out for PS2 because for those who don't have PS3 or don't want it but has a PS2 they can still play this amazing game.

Thanks again for posting this!

P.S

WHat did the magazine article say about this game?

Bah I was hoping for ther next one to be on PS3

Suhweeet!

God of War has been selling out (again) at my Local gamestop since it hit 19.99.

Very awesome news. I loved the first (even if beating it on God Mode made me throw the controller a couple of times) and this has to be one of, if not the most, anticipated games for me. I just hope that they take their time on these games and make each sequel worthwhile instead of just trying to mil a cash cow...

Can't wait. I really liked God of War. Not only is the gameplay great, but the story is very epic.

This game is going to be fantastic....just not as fantastic as it could have been as a PS3 launch title. Seriously, Nintendo won't just say "Zelda is for Revolution now guys", Sony puts this on PS2, what the heck are you guys doing?

kytrigger said:
Very awesome news. I loved the first (even if beating it on God Mode made me throw the controller a couple of times) and this has to be one of, if not the most, anticipated games for me. I just hope that they take their time on these games and make each sequel worthwhile instead of just trying to mil a cash cow...

Jaffe would never do that make this game bring in the dough for himself, specifically he told many magazines that he doesn't care how much money the game racks in as long as people are satisfied and love his games then thats the reward he wants and he will take time on his games he says.

Also this game will also come out for PS3 its only coming onto the PS2 for the people who have a ps2 and can't afford a Ps3 or they don't want one but can still get this amazing game. Personally I can't wait to see how it looks on the PS3. Also its going to be a launch title for the PS3 which I think is smart on Sony's behalf for releasing a very anticipated game with a new console coming out. Stupid Microsoft wanted to launch first and didn't have a blockbuster game like Halo 3 come out so it sort of bit them in the ass. IMO

Honestly, this should be a PS3 launch title. I guess I'll get it when I purchase a PS3, but really, whats the point of releasing a PS2 title when the PS3 will already be launched and its titles lacking that killer app?

This really looks sweet, but I feel stupid for never completing the first one....:(

THE LIZARD#1 said:
Jaffe would never do that make this game bring in the dough for himself, specifically he told many magazines that he doesn't care how much money the game racks in as long as people are satisfied and love his games then thats the reward he wants and he will take time on his games he says.

Also this game will also come out for PS3 its only coming onto the PS2 for the people who have a ps2 and can't afford a Ps3 or they don't want one but can still get this amazing game. Personally I can't wait to see how it looks on the PS3. Also its going to be a launch title for the PS3 which I think is smart on Sony's behalf for releasing a very anticipated game with a new console coming out. Stupid Microsoft wanted to launch first and didn't have a blockbuster game like Halo 3 come out so it sort of bit them in the ass. IMO

If that is true, that would be the best route to go, IMO

I really wish God of War would come out for Xbox.

D.Rex said:
I really wish God of War would come out for Xbox.

As long as Jaffe doesn't care about money, don't hold your breath.

THE LIZARD #1 said:

So there will be a PS3 AND PS2 Version to the game or just a PS2 version which will have better graphics and such when played ont he PS3?

SteveJobs said:
Where did "The lizard" hear this again?

It was announced a while ago by sony when I was doing a little digging for a game thats coming for the PS3 called I-8 but now its called Resistence: Fall of Man I suggest that anyone wanting a PS3 should definatly check that game out! ANyways I'll go get it from the archives at gamespot and try and post it here so give me a second. Its like a website called www.next-genbiz.com or something?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?

PS3 E3 SECRETS UNVEILED! PLUS PS HUB UPDATE!

Exclusive: One major PS3 monster confirmed for E3, PS3 God of War goodness and flagship title encounters Resistance!

13:26 You'll probably already have read yesterday's story about the proposed PlayStation HUB, the new codename for Sony's planned PlayStation online service for the PS3.
It was a great scoop from our friends over at Next-Gen.biz and immediately sent our news antennae into overload as we digested details on what Sony had in store for its PS3 and PSP online service - you can find out the full details by hitting the link above.

Subsequent to this report, we spread our tendrils across the world wide web to track down further details on the service. Speaking on conditions of strict anonymity, one of our own ultra secret and highly reliable sources informed CVG that HUB details were being kept firmly under lock and key for the moment and that, while the HUB moniker is one of the favoured names, it's still hasn't been finalised and is just one of several proposed titles being considered.

However, CVG's very own deep throat went on to reveal further hot info on PlayStation 3 titles that will be actually be there and in the flesh at this year's E3, with an 'absolutely gorgeous looking' SOCOM 4 confirmed for the show and likely to be a PS3 launch title.
You want more PS3 loving? Well, you'll get it in the form of a newly confirmed PS3 God of War title, which we have to say has us salivating in utter delight because its PS2 debut was absolutely cracking - we can't wait to swing Kratos' chains in anger all over again on Sony's next-gen machine. God of War PS3 may not actually make it to E3, but is apparently well into development; and interestingly, both it and SOCOM 4 will also be appearing on PS2, underlining Sony's commitment to its favoured current-gen son for the next few years.

Finally, we've got one last nugget of PS3 goodness to share with you, as we can exclusively reveal that Ratchet and Clank developer Insomiac's amazing looking PS3 shooter I-8 - and one of Sony's biggest PS3 titles - has been renamed. Prepare to meet ....(sound of drum roll) Resistance.

More exclusive PS3 goodness on CVG soon.

Copied and Pasted from the PS3 board.

Resistance, catchy name. I likes it.

Thats where I got the info from and if you were talking about the Jaffe interview sorry it was on G4tv attack of the show when they had him as a guess and he is pissed that games cost so much when you can go to the video store and get the same experience for 3.00 he says it is trying to get games prices lowered lol I hope he does because that would rule. But one man might not be able to do it when we have all of the corprate people out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"