God of War 2: Devine Retribution (PS2)

I don't think she was trying to be funny. I think she was trying to kill you.

Spidey-Bat said:
That's a really cool idea with the Icarus wings.

Thank you, I know David Jaffe was really wanting to do that in the first game however the gameplay mechanic was being a pain and lagging a lot. Plus there was really no story to tell the Icarus wings however hopefully in the second one they do my idea or something along the lines of it. I think it was confirmed they are in the game on the Gamespot boards.

SteveJobs said:
I don't think she was trying to be funny. I think she was trying to kill you.

how do you know if its a guy or a girl?!

So who else has some ideas on this game? Why do you think they chose that title?

I think the title could relate to either the Zeus or Kratos' brother ideas. Kratos obviously wants revenge against Zeus for abandoning him and his brother wants revenge on Kratos for abandoning him aswell.

An idea similar to yours, Lizard is with the huge mountain Zeus retreats to. Since Kratos is the God of War now, he is able to open up the first door leading into the mountain. Inside the mountain are traps and puzzles leading to the next floor. At the floor, there is an exit to the cliffs surrounding the mountain and leads to the entrance to the next level. A god is guarding the entrance to each level and challenges Kratos to a fight. At the end, Kratos would gain a new item (like the Icarus Wings or Aretmis Blade), spell (like Army of Hades), or upgrade (health or magic, replacing the Gorgon's Eyes or Phoenix Feathers). Once Kratos gains entrance to Zeus' quarters, he fights him but fail to finish him. Zeus retreats to Hades. There he encounters Ares and fights him. He loses the battle, but his brother appears and "kills" Ares. Kratos fights his brother and win the battle. Zeus appears telling him he lured you to Hades to destroy his brother since he was the only one with the power to do so. Kratos refuses to kill his brother. Zeus is outraged and engages in another fight with Zeus. Kratos wins the fight is about to finish Zeus off. The other gods appear. Hades tells Kratos if he spares Zeus life, his brother would be freed from Hades and able to live on earth as a mortal. Kratos agrees and his brother is returned to earth.

For some reason, I don't want Kratos to get revenge upon Zeus, atleast not in this game. I mean, If the game were about beating Zeus, then you have kind of Reached the top of Greek Mythology. What would he do in the next game? Nothing could top it. I would want to see him fight Zeus i nthe final game of the series (which I hope is a LONG way away). I mean there are dozens of stories from Greek Mythology that they could use that would make an awesome game (personally, I would like to see Kratos help the Gods defend Olympus from the Gigantes).

For this next one, I can see his brother trying to take control of Hades from...well...Hades in order to build an army big enough to assault Kratos and the rest of the Gods. Kratos can't be well liked in Hades (I mean it seems that half of the souls down there were killed by him.) Kratos has to stop his brother from gaining control of Hades by way of maiming and puzzle solving and what not...

On a side note: Did the movie at the end say who the father of Kratos' brother was?...Is it possible for him to be a descendant of a God too? And if so, Zeus is a very egotistical and jealous God, it's possible he could he make Kratos seek vengeance upon the God who had sex with one of Zeus' women.

Spidey-Bat said:
I think the title could relate to either the Zeus or Kratos' brother ideas. Kratos obviously wants revenge against Zeus for abandoning him and his brother wants revenge on Kratos for abandoning him aswell.

An idea similar to yours, Lizard is with the huge mountain Zeus retreats to. Since Kratos is the God of War now, he is able to open up the first door leading into the mountain. Inside the mountain are traps and puzzles leading to the next floor. At the floor, there is an exit to the cliffs surrounding the mountain and leads to the entrance to the next level. A god is guarding the entrance to each level and challenges Kratos to a fight. At the end, Kratos would gain a new item (like the Icarus Wings or Aretmis Blade), spell (like Army of Hades), or upgrade (health or magic, replacing the Gorgon's Eyes or Phoenix Feathers). Once Kratos gains entrance to Zeus' quarters, he fights him but fail to finish him. Zeus retreats to Hades. There he encounters Ares and fights him. He loses the battle, but his brother appears and "kills" Ares. Kratos fights his brother and win the battle. Zeus appears telling him he lured you to Hades to destroy his brother since he was the only one with the power to do so. Kratos refuses to kill his brother. Zeus is outraged and engages in another fight with Zeus. Kratos wins the fight is about to finish Zeus off. The other gods appear. Hades tells Kratos if he spares Zeus life, his brother would be freed from Hades and able to live on earth as a mortal. Kratos agrees and his brother is returned to earth.

I like this idea as well...

The only question I would have is that all of Kratos' magic and weapons are gifts from other Gods. If he was seeking out Zeus, why wouldn't the Gods take their gifts back? The only thing I can think of is what if Kratos somehow starts an uprising among the Gods and their is a Civil War between them. The Gods on Kratos side would lend him their power to usurp Zeus.

I hadn't even really considered the idea of Kratos fighting along side the gods. I was originally thinking that GoW2 would be oriented against Hades, and maybe GoW3 would be against Zeus... but if we remove the idea of Kratos continually going higher and higher up the food chain... there are endless stories that could be told. Even against other religions....

Kratos versus Thor. :geekasm:

I don't have a problem with Kratos taking up a Thor like role within his universe, in fact the idea could work quite well.

Zenien said:
I hadn't even really considered the idea of Kratos fighting along side the gods. I was originally thinking that GoW2 would be oriented against Hades, and maybe GoW3 would be against Zeus... but if we remove the idea of Kratos continually going higher and higher up the food chain... there are endless stories that could be told. Even against other religions....

I don't have a problem with Kratos taking up a Thor like role within his universe, in fact the idea could work quite well.
Did you see the part about me having sex with you?

Zenien said:

That is an interesting idea, about Kratos interacting with different mythologies... I could see this either working very well, or being very bad (although I would lean towards the good side...I have faith in Jaffe)

Zenien said:

Kratos vs. Thor!! :eek::up:

Why not??
I mean, look at this...

31998_L.jpg
and
quetzalcoatl.jpg

VS.

thor.gif
and
paul_bunyan.jpg

Pffft, count me in.

Gammy v.2 said:
Wasn't he an old American Mythology god or something? :confused:

He's American Mythology, but I wouldn't really call him a god (unless he is the God of LUmberJacks)... Either way Kratos would totally destroy him...Now Kratos vs. Johnny Appleseed would teh Rulez!!!

Gammy v.2 said:
Why not??
I mean, look at this...

31998_L.jpg
and
quetzalcoatl.jpg

VS.

thor.gif
and
paul_bunyan.jpg

Pffft, count me in.

HAHAHAHa!...Don't forget Babe...that blue ox can really come thru in a clutch

very true...and why does Babe have a sultry look in his eye in that pic?

kytrigger said:
I like this idea as well...

The only question I would have is that all of Kratos' magic and weapons are gifts from other Gods. If he was seeking out Zeus, why wouldn't the Gods take their gifts back? The only thing I can think of is what if Kratos somehow starts an uprising among the Gods and their is a Civil War between them. The Gods on Kratos side would lend him their power to usurp Zeus.

I'd assume he'd have returned the gifts from the gods after he defeated Ares and would just have the Blades of Athena since they're seared to his skin and Athena is his wife.

They could always have Kratos fight the titans. I know the game said Kronos was the last surviving one, but in the myths the other titans are sealed in Tartarus. There also the big monsters like Typhon and Echidna for Kratos to fight.

Spidey-Bat said:
I'd assume he'd have returned the gifts from the gods after he defeated Ares and would just have the Blades of Athena since they're seared to his skin and Athena is his wife.

They could always have Kratos fight the titans. I know the game said Kronos was the last surviving one, but in the myths the other titans are sealed in Tartarus. There also the big monsters like Typhon and Echidna for Kratos to fight.

Exactly...I just feel that there is so much Kratos could do that fighting Zeus right away would kind of be a waste.

I would like to see Kratos partake in a war between the Gods and the Titans also..
BTW I think that if Kratos' brother gets involved, he might also use teh 3 Furies to help get his revenge...isn't one of their main reasons of revenge against those who are responsible for the death of their own family members?

I'm being serious, but how about a time-travelling Kratos just butchering people through every big historic war ever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"