• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Godzilla 2016

For some reason Toho is trying to claim the effects are entirely CGI even though they quite clearly are not.

It definitely doesn't look as polished as Edwards version but CGI in other countries sometimes can't hold a candle to Western CGI

SOMETIMES!

It's really just a matter of the amount of money different productions have to throw at the effects, especially considering many off the effects in American movies are produced in effects houses in Singapore and elsewhere.

I'm seeing word that a company called "New World Cinemas" has worked out a deal to distribute this film in the US.

I looked them up. In the past they have mostly distributed documentaries including Shatner's "The Captains" Star Trek documentary.

If they could pick up Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla as well, that would be great.

After months of no official news suddenly both the Shin-Gojira official Japanese site and the Neon Genesis Evangelion site updated with the same image.

mainvisual.jpg

What does it mean?

Godzilla's looking a little gassy in the first real 'Godzilla: Resurgence' trailer
Toho's kicking off their own rebooted franchise, and we've got our first real look at G in action
Drew McWeeny said:
Hello, beautiful. Haven’t I seen you stomping a city before?

Whoa. Sorry. I forgot myself there for a moment because I was so hypnotized by the sight of Toho’s new Godzilla: Resurgence. I love that Toho retained the rights to make their own Godzilla films regardless of whatever Legendary and Warner Bros. are doing in the United States. Now that there’s an official trailer for this summer’s Godzilla: Resurgence, what’s become doubly clear is that they’re going to keep making Godzilla movies their way, no matter what. Man In Suit forever, evidently.

When I attended the premiere of Godzilla Final Wars back in 2004, I was assured by all the Toho execs I met that they were sincerely ending the series with that movie, and they’ve kept true to their word ever since. This film is meant to be a rebirth for the series, a hard reboot that abandons all other continuity, with Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi co-directing the film. Hideaki, who also wrote the movie, is the co-creator of Neon Genesis Evangelion, one of the most enduring anime properties of all time, and this is a big summer movie for Japan.

It’s interesting to see that they’ve made Godzilla scary again this time. One of the reasons it’s hard to dismiss Godzilla as mere monster mayhem is because you can chart shifts in social attitudes by charting how Godzilla is portrayed at any given moment. In the original film, Godzilla was a terrifying force unleashed on Japan, a direct shadow of the bomb that had just been dropped on them by the U.S. It’s hard to watch that original film and not feel some true horror and sorrow. It’s a remarkable use of pop mainstream filmmaking as a way of dealing with a national trauma. Over time, Godzilla has also played protector, eventually standing as Earth’s safeguard against other far more malicious monsters.

There’s still no real story information here, but come on… it’s Godzilla. He’s very strange looking in this incarnation, with a sort of molten-lava appearance to his skin. When they started work on this film, Toho put together what they called the “Godzilla Conference,” a number of creatives working together to plan an overall approach to future Godzilla movies. They’ve got a plan. There are rumors that Anno might be planning to collaborate with Toho, somehow combining Evangelion with the Toho kaiju-verse, but nothing confirmed.

What that overall plan is remains a mystery so far, but it’s good to see that they’re definitely starting with Godzilla as something to fear, a terrifying monster in the tradition of the original film.

This Godzilla is all weight lifting no cardio. Personally think this looks cheesy. But we know what they say about opinion...

Last edited:
Godzilla is haunting...like a testicle with teeth

tumblr_o5ndmp69vK1qbi3uco1_1280.jpg

The head is actually closer to the handpuppet that they used in a lot of shots or the original maquette that the suit was based on.
tumblr_inline_nz3qdz2gE61sd3arb_1280.jpg

None of this to say that going back to the 60 year old source so specifically was the best idea but it is clear they had something very specific in mind.

But then there is that crazy long tail...

Here's a toy of the full figure.

tumblr_o5pjrrZLjc1qcqjsdo1_1280.jpg

The toy ads also advertise yet unseen toys referred to only as "Kaiju A" and "Kaiju B" word going around is that they are further regenerated forms of Godzilla from later in the movie.

tumblr_o5qe1sZZgM1sfldijo1_540.jpg

I like the design but those googley eyes kill me.

tumblr_o5q9djz8Fw1qcqjsdo1_540.jpg

sadly i believe we have to wait on full year for a dvd blu ray release in the USA and Europe

I am fairly certain Toho is looking for a theatrical release internationally. Probably something as limited as the recent Dragonball Z and Attack on Titan movies, but I don't think we will have to wait quite that long to see the movie.

Otaku Mode Apr. 2, 2016 03:07
Battle of the Century: Godzilla V.S. Evangelion Movie Announced!
Anno Hideaki, director of the new Godzilla movie coming to screens in Japan on July 29th has announced leading up to the hype that Toho Studios is also making a "Godzilla V.S. Evangelion" movie, pitting Anno's best known work "Evangelion" against the legendary monster.
While little details have been reveiled about this upcoming "Godzilla V.S. Evangelion" movie, we had a peak at the image boards during the press conference. Upon the backdrop of a ruined city are the familiar silhouettes of the monster and the robot. A fierce battle is brewing!

The official sites of New Godzilla and Evangelion both carried the new movie visual along with the catchcopy "The Savage God V.S. Giant Bio-Machine Mecha" on April 1st. Furthermore, the presale tickets for the movie "New Godzilla" to be released on April 23rd will come with a clear file that has the visuals of the "Godzilla V.S. Evangelion" seen above. Only 55,555 copies of this file will be distributed worldwide. On top of that, special collaboration goods including "Tenugui" hand towels, T-shirts, iron-on patches, key holders and more for fans of both series!

What makes it even more exciting is that some of the best createors in Japan will be working on this movie. It was revealed that the movie visual was specially illustrated by famous anime director Maeda Mahiro, who also worked on "Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo" among other titles. Who will be next in building up hype for this much anticipated movie?

The upcoming "New Godzilla" is the first Godzilla movie in 12 years and is staffed by many who were involved in the production of the Evangelion series, as well as big names in the industry such as screenwriter and director Anno Hideaki, as well as special effects director Higushi Shinji. In the lead role is actor Hasegawa Hiroki, who also starred in the Attack on Titan series.

Pretty certain this was the April's Fools joke.

Guys go back a few pages.

The movie was an April Fools Joke.

There will however be real life Godzilla vs. Eva merchandise.

it was a cruel april fools joke...that IMO could end up happening down the road if A) the movie is successful and B) the fans demand it enough

Shingodzilla%2Bpanic.png

Why? Just why is the tail so ridiculously huge? And arms so small? And belly so fat and legs so weird and...
369.gif

That's nothing compared to GMK's beer belly.

crazy to think I like Legendary's Godzilla design better.

Nothing wrong with that.

Godzilla did have a fairly long tail in the 90's though.

Godzilla looks stupid in this. That's the best design they could come up with?

Apparently this is only the first stage of regeneration. That said, it's mostly the same as the original design.

I just think they are paying tribute to the original take on Godzilla which will set it apart from the U.S. version.

They're Godzilla is creepier...so mission accomplished.

I think he just looks ugly. He isn't at all pleasant to look at and I don't like that at all. They were going for a scary Godzilla, but the original '54 film was able to make him scary not with an over-the-top design but just by making the tone of the film and his actions scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"