• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Godzilla 2016

The effects are actually better than I thought they'd be. There's also a great sense of scale with Godzilla.

Broken link so I'm just gonna upload it. Official trailer.
[YT]watch?v=ysRIwlEBjuw[/YT]

Man I don't like that design.

Cf8dTnmUsAA52Th.jpg:large

Looks like something out of Bloodbourne

Its a badass design tho. My only real complaint is the arms. They are a bit too puny, but the rest is :up:.

tumblr_o5l77gY7Nh1qgckmbo8_400.gif

Shots like this look so much better than expected.

I mean I shouldn't be surprised, Shinji Higuchi did amazing work with the 90s Gamera films and a lot the puppeteering work on the Attack on Titan movies is solid but still, its nice to see this coming together.

Considering this film has maybe at most a 10th or less of the Legendary pictures film, the effects actually don't compare disparagingly.
bfa85538365817e83020106723e07d8f_1024.gif

tumblr_o5l77gY7Nh1qgckmbo9_400.gif

Obviously much of the rest of the production design and cinematography doesn't quite hold a candle but a big part of that is how good of an eye Edwards has, whatever his other issues.

Last edited:
There are a few iffy shots, but for the most part, this is Hollywood quality stuff. I am amazed. That shot of the tail swinging over the town is amazing. I hope Gareth takes notes.

And to be frank, I realized I missed the suit. CG hasn't gotten quite to the point where you don't recognize a physical suit.

There are a few iffy shots, but for the most part, this is Hollywood quality stuff. I am amazed. That shot of the tail swinging over the town is amazing. I hope Gareth takes notes.

And to be frank, I realized I missed the suit. CG hasn't gotten quite to the point where you don't recognize a physical suit.

That shot actually reminded me the most of the kind of thing he does particularly the end of Monsters.

Does he have a whale skeleton in the tip of his tail?

UuVuRYu.png

I think he's still regenerating and we'll see his tail heal up later in the film.

The G looks metal as **** though

tumblr_o5l77gY7Nh1qgckmbo9_400.gif

Obviously much of the rest of the production design and cinematography doesn't quite hold a candle but a big part of that is how good of an eye Edwards has, whatever his other issues.

It definitely doesn't look as polished as Edwards version but CGI in other countries sometimes can't hold a candle to Western CGI

SOMETIMES!

And this trailer is beyond most anything I've seen come out of Japan. Granted, I haven't see too much, but still.

That trailer looked kind of crappy but I liked that shot with the tail.

The monster itself looked a bit rubber suitish but the movie looks awesome! Can't wait!

As a toku fan (not necessarily of kaiju films but just toku in general), I loved the practical effects for this Godzilla. Didn't know Anno was the main director on the thing, thought it was Higuchi, and I hated the live action SnK, so this is reassuring.

The trailer was also quite chilling. I follow Japanese films a bit and it's unlike any trailer I've seen before. From a guy who only knows very superficially about Godzilla, it definitely seems to channel his roots while at the same time channeling some of the imagery from the Edwards adaptation.

As far as Japanese films go, the scale of this thing looks top notch. Also looks like anyone who is anyone is going to be in this film as far as actors are concerned. It looks really good.

The shot around 0:13 doesn't look good. I don't like Godzilla's arms.

Deadline:
‘Godzilla Resurgence’ Japanese Trailer: The King Of The Monsters Reclaims His Crown
Ross A. Lincoln said:
Let’s get to the point: the first trailer for Toho’s reboot of the Godzilla franchise, Godzilla Resurgence, dropped earlier today and in a word, it’s breathtaking. Showcasing a back to basics approach to Kaiju films, it draws heavily from the 1954 original, released when Japan was still recovering from World War II and inspired by the devastation of the war’s final days. Here, we see that earlier film’s depiction of remote, godlike terror with modern effects and techniques. Sure, the monster still looks like a man in a suit and yet, it’s genuinely terrifying. It helps, of course, that the the scale of the attack is both distant and personal, as shown by Godzilla towering over the city he’s plodding through, and the focus on on-the-ground devastation. Watch the clip above now.

Announced back in 2014 in the wake of Legendary’s successful American take on the classic Kaiju, Godzilla Resurgence is a full reboot of the 30-odd film series, and the first to come out of Japan since 2004’s Godzilla: Final Wars. Co-directed by Neon Genesis Evangelion co-creator Hideaki Anno and Gamera storyboard artist Shinji Higuchi from a script by Hideaki, it hits Japanese theaters July 29.

TOHO'S UPCOMING "SHIN GODZILLA" REVEALED
New Info & Trailers for GODZILLA RESURGENCE!
413c27f9e7f21471977b93812d5cf503.jpg

Only in regards to Godzilla himself. In this version he's the original creature ressurected in some way, and he has multiple transformations across the film

I HATED the first reveal of this new Godzilla. I thought he looked very cheesy.
But after watching the Trailer, I'm very excited. Sure some of the design choices are not my personal choice, but seeing him in motion looked great. Also love they are doing scenes with practical guy in a suit and "Quality" CGI as a mix. I almost feel like its a wink and a nod to fans of oldschool and newschool Godzilla. I'm excited for this as well as the next American version.

That shot of the tail swinging over the town is amazing. I hope Gareth takes notes.

The very similar shot was in Gareth's Godzilla and it looked much better, imo.

Btw, why is tail of this Godzilla SOOO oversizes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"