Sequels "Going Wrath Of Khan":The Official MOS Action Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Thanks i'll check it out, so Superman should never beat him basically?

Superman should be unable to defeat him by himself, yes. Darkseid should be a threat to the DCU entire, not just Superman. But what should be and what is aren't always similar.

HHHHMMMMMMM, I always thought Superman was on a par with him once he stopped holding back.

Maybe in terms of strength, but with all of Darkseid's other skills he should wipe the floor with Superman and half the JLA.

From Wikipedia:

Darkseid is an incredibly powerful being with many god-like abilities. His main power is the Omega Effect, a form of energy that he fires from his eyes. This effect is not only a relentless attack, but it is capable of teleporting the target to any location Darkseid chooses and recall them later or erase the target from the universe and similarly reform them. Darkseid has pinpoint control over his Omega Beams, and his unerring aim allows it to travel in straight lines or bend, twist or curve around corners. The Effect can also pass through nearly any known barrier. In the three part Hunter/Prey storyline, he claimed that no being had yet withstood the full force of the Omega effect, but Doomsday nonetheless survived the attack. Also, Superman has withstood the Omega Effect, but with severe pain and damage as result.[issue # needed]

Darkseid possesses superhuman strength, stamina, and invulnerability that rival those of Superman. Darkseid has proven capable of overpowering the mighty demon Etrigan, and the being known as Lobo once hurt his hand when he landed a punch on Darkseid.

Darkseid is also a master of manipulation. He once dominated nearly three billion Daxamites simultaneously. Darkseid can transmute matter, as he demonstrated by turning the Daxamite warrior Ol-Vir into dust, and Slo-bo into a statue. He is also able to dissipate and disperse the molecules of an object or organism, effectively erasing them from existence and is able to generate mental avatars. As a god-like being, Darkseid has several powers that surpass most other beings in the known universe. He can seemingly create life and matter from nothing, as he did when he created the being known as Strayne, and can travel through time and between dimensions as easily as any New God.

Darkseid also possesses a great intellect. His genius surpasses that of most other known beings in the universe. He is a master planner and strategist and his armies are nearly unbeatable under his leadership.

The thing is, he's never used the full power of the Omega Effect on Clark. If he had, Clark wouldn't have been in severe pain. He would have been in severe dead.

Thanks for the info guys, i've alsways been interested in Darkseid i think he is a cool villain.

In the first place, this is a Superman movie.....
we came here because Superman IS Action
we didnt come here to pretend that we wanted a Superman movie that is MORE story THAN action....
sure i want it to have a great story....but not to throw away the action

maybe Singer's idea of a Superman movie is the musical "Can You Read My Mind" sequence....because it sure looks so

ever since i grew to love Superman from the JL/JLU series & the comics... i hav been WANTING to see Superman fights like THOSE..... but the only thing Singer's Superman can do to a bad guy, is SMILE to THEM (in a possible gay flirt kind of way)

TripXyDE said:
we didnt come here to pretend that we wanted a Superman movie that is MORE story THAN action....

maybe Singer's idea of a Superman movie is the musical "Can You Read My Mind" sequence....because it sure looks so

ever since i grew to love Superman from the JL/JLU series & the comics... i hav been WANTING to see Superman fights like THOSE..... but the only thing Singer's Superman can do to a bad guy, is SMILE to THEM (in a possible gay flirt kind of way)
Not too sad of a remark :whatever:

TripXyDE said:

Thats why the characters were re-introduced for a modern audience and the sequel will be an amazing movie!

Maybe that's because Superman didn't throw a single punch, like he did in those animated fights posted in this thread.

Kabuki_Jo said:
Maybe that's because Superman didn't throw a single punch, like he did in those animated fights posted in this thread.

OOOOHHHHHHHHHH so what if he nver threw a punch, there are other action sequences than a fist fight you know. Catwoman, Elektra, Fantastic Four, X3, Blade:Trinity all had plenty of pucnhes thrown in them, but it didnt make them good movies did it?

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Thats why the characters were re-introduced for a modern audience and the sequel will be an amazing movie!
belive what you want. but the sequel will only have more action because of WB not because of singer. singer is just that kind of director who doesnt like to make to much of action. to bad for us. good for him .

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
OOOOHHHHHHHHHH so what if he nver threw a punch, there are other action sequences than a fist fight you know. Catwoman, Elektra, Fantastic Four, X3, Blade:Trinity all had plenty of pucnhes thrown in them, but it didnt make them good movies did it?

Yeah, sure...you're absolutely right.
Imagine a Superman movie with action scenes like: Supes stopping plane crashes, rescuing cats stuck in trees, taking out robbers, making sure the Daily planet Globe won't fall on helpless ppl on the streets, Supes stopping a car with no brakes...
These action moments all seem so exciting to me...wow!:wow:
But that's the kind of movie you'd see 5 times and love, right, kiddo?
And let's not forget the love part of the sequel. There has to be love in the air, so you can take your teenage girlfriend to see it and cry in front of her so she'll see what a sensitive kid you are.

What you seem to be forgetting, kiddo, is that I'm not defending a sequel with punches thrown throughout the flick, but rather a balance of a good story, which clearly SR doesn't have, and very exciting action with vilans like Darkseid, Metallo, etc...who could pose a physical threat to Superman.

Balance, kid, the word is balance.

when i saw this pic i knew that singer will not fail with action.
SM.Box3L8E.Cape-copy.jpg

we all know thetruth. the truth is that this never happened in the movie. there was no big earthquake. :csad:

dark_b said:
SM.Box3L8E.Cape-copy.jpg

we all know thetruth. the truth is that this never happened in the movie. there was no big earthquake. :csad:

too bad NK didnt take over metropolis that would have made the movie even better but im still happy with what i got

Kabuki_Jo said:
Yeah, sure...you're absolutely right.
Imagine a Superman movie with action scenes like: Supes stopping plane crashes, rescuing cats stuck in trees, taking out robbers, making sure the Daily planet Globe won't fall on helpless ppl on the streets, Supes stopping a car with no brakes...
These action moments all seem so exciting to me...wow!:wow:
But that's the kind of movie you'd see 5 times and love, right, kiddo?
And let's not forget the love part of the sequel. There has to be love in the air, so you can take your teenage girlfriend to see it and cry in front of her so she'll see what a sensitive kid you are.

What you seem to be forgetting, kiddo, is that I'm not defending a sequel with punches thrown throughout the flick, but rather a balance of a good story, which clearly SR doesn't have, and very exciting action with vilans like Darkseid, Metallo, etc...who could pose a physical threat to Superman.

Balance, kid, the word is balance.

Typical SR hater response, resorts to insults and calling people kid! HHMMMMm that never happens on here:whatever:

I'm no kid buddy, i'm a 24 year old MAN so i wouldnt go out with a teenager for one so you can keep your childish insults at bay and talk like an adult or dont talk at all.

Yes i want a continuation of the love story in the sequel because its the heart of Superman himself, his relationships with humans that make him what he is. I liked the action plenty in the first movie, and even the mighty Steven Spielberg said that the plane sequence is one of the best action sequences ever. And i dont remember him ever saving a cat in the movie.

dark_b said:
SM.Box3L8E.Cape-copy.jpg

And you should know from that article about the friends and family screenings that Singer WANTED all of that as well as tidle waves, collapsing buildings, etc, but WB wouldnt pay for it.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
And you should know from that article about the friends and family screenings that Singer WANTED all of that as well as tidle waves, collapsing buildings, etc, but WB wouldnt pay for it.
well if singer would needed another 50 milions for this action scenes than this is hes problem. please dont start me to talk about epic movies with great action and a smaller budget than 200 milions.

the money was not the problem. :cmad:

dark_b said:
well if singer would needed another 50 milions for this action scenes than this is hes problem. please dont start me to talk about epic movies with great action and a smaller budget than 200 milions.

the money was not the problem. :cmad:

agreed!

money was not the problem
Singer was STUBBORN not to take notes from the comics, series, & animation... he was just stuck right there in his childhood love for the Donner Superman movies

Superman is very VERY basic...you dont need to go through many BS to make a good movie of it.... Singer thought he could capture a nostalgic 80's superman feel while injecting a little 21st century innovation....but the result was that it was a very VERY imbalanced, irregular, & just plain boring movie

Singer should stick to what he KNOWS....Star Trek... id hav faith in him making a ST movie, because he's a big fan of it.....

Singer is NOT a Superman fan. according to reports, he isnt even a fan of the comics. his love for Superman isnt very different different from how the girls back in elementary school loved Superman

The Question said:
The thing is, he's never used the full power of the Omega Effect on Clark. If he had, Clark wouldn't have been in severe pain. He would have been in severe dead.

If the Omega Effect is that powerful , why doesn't Darkseid use it with Full Power on Superman :huh:
I don't understand this really. If you have a power that is great enough to kill superman , why not use it in battle ?

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

Further proof IMO that a Superman movie can really be made using the Lucas approach of shooting witj just blue/green screens and a 200 million dollat budget.

I can understand WB logic here. AFter all , the higher the budget the lower you're profit will be. And with a 200 million budget already as well as the costs of the failed projects , they weren't about to give more cash to singer.

Why is it so difficult to do that. James Cameron is going to do the same thing with Avatar. Shoot almost the entire movie digital. You're spending the majority of of you're budget on VFX and that is what a superman movie needs. Massive VFX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"