Guardians of the Galaxy GOTG critics review/Rotten Tomatoes discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see my boy Kyle Smith didnt dissapoint..lol. Now i'm just waiting for dat A.O. Scott review.

It's now 65/72 for GOTG on RT, which means 90%. Hopefully when it reaches 100 reviews, it'll be 93/100 for 93%.

See above. Scott didn't get the review for NYT. Dargis did, and she enjoyed it!!!

I don't know. He and Dargis don't like the franchisey, Marvelly stuff that we do, and I think both of them see these movies as commodities. He did like TFA, I remember his review and the 40's theme striking a chord with him.

Dargis liked the artistry and zany immersion into the worlds of GOTG. She loved the acting of the main cast. Said Bautista was "terrific" as Drax. And agreed that Rocket and Groot were standouts. The review read more like her positive one for Star Trek '09 too.

Last edited:
There are a ton of positives that still need to be added. I just want them to add in O'hehir's already ;)

But seriously... It. Got. A good review. From. The New York Times. From Manohla Dargis of all people. That means, somewhere in Hell, Satan's building an ice skating rink and building a snowman!

Im actually astounded and encouraged that its managed to stay in the 90s at all despite picking up 4 Rotten reviews overnight. Today and Friday are historically the roughest days for reviews. If it can stay at 88-89 through Friday night it'll probably end at 90 or higher.

Im actually astounded and encouraged that its managed to stay in the 90s at all despite picking up 4 Rotten reviews overnight. Today and Friday are historically the roughest days for reviews. If it can stay at 88-89 through Friday night it'll probably end at 90 or higher.

Is it thursday already? :awesome:

It seems like it's holding okay with the Top Critics too.

Now that Dargis' review is out, I patiently await Dana Stevens and Amy Nicholson. Both might fall more in line with Zurbeck's review (VV).

the great O'heir has submitted his expected negative BS.. its now 60/8...

He is a regular on the my hate list which has illustrious occupants like his colleague from the wall street journal who hates all marvel movies, Jollem the troll from CBM, and my ex-boss

Yes, good... Now come on Roeper, Travers, Dargis...

EDIT: its 68/8 now.. positives from TC AV club, Vulture and Chicago Tribune are up

They got Dargis' as well.... This and tomorrow are gonna be crazy days!

Watching today at 7:00 PM!!!!

427861.gif

Yeees yeees more good reviews!

Yep, 89% 76 reviews, 68 fresh, 8 rotten. Sifting through the rotten reviews it does seem that a lot of critics have sticks up their butt about superhero movies. It almost seems like they may not actually view the movie, they have a generic superhero template and submit that every time.

Same.

For better, this will stay on par or better than Cap.

For worse... It might fall a little bit lower into the 80's.

The average and Top Critic scores are pretty high. And it's won over some critics who aren't huge fans of the MCU.

I feel like a CBM film getting 90% is like a non-genre film getting 100% just because you will always have those guys who hate on superhero films.

Yep, 89% 76 reviews, 68 fresh, 8 rotten. Sifting through the rotten reviews it does seem that a lot of critics have sticks up their butt about superhero movies. It almost seems like they may not actually view the movie, they have a generic superhero template and submit that every time.
Well then that means GotG is getting the same rotten reviews as other superhero films, so no excuse. :cwink:

We also have to have a little perspective here, I never pictured this getting over 75% based on concept alone! The fact this is in the High 80's and who knows may even get back into the 90's boggles my mind.

We also have to have a little perspective here, I never pictured this getting over 75% based on concept alone! The fact this is in the High 80's and who knows may even get back into the 90's boggles my mind.
tumblr_m2x4htmekg1qbygev.gif

:((( Richard Corliss of time Magazine called it a bit of a botch. Makes me kind of sad b/c I generally trust/agree with his reviews. Doesn't mean I'll agree with this one, but he's actually pretty good with Marvel Studio movies.

Wondering what the big west coasters (Turan, LaSalle or whoever will review it for SF Chronicle) will think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"