Green Arrow OYL (discussion thread)

sinewave said:
no, i'm not forgetting that. is there much of a difference between training under the league of assasins or training under batman?

Who you train under doesn't have much to do with your will to learn. Not saying Nightwing was a slacker, but I don't think he had the same drive that Todd had during that time. We're talking about homocidal rage here. Crazy guys can get a lot of s**t done. Just look at Batman.

Some people just have more of a natural talent for fighting than others, too. Maybe Jason, once he really devoted himself, found that learning martial arts came easier to him than it did to Dick. Either way, we can postulate theories to kingdom come, but the end result is canon: Jason, based on everything I've seen of the two of them since his resurrection, is the better fighter now.

Batman said:
Has anyone read issue #63?

yup. i can't wait to see ollie and brick take on all those "28 days later"-style freaks in the next issue. it's good to get these types of fun issues every once in a while instead of the bloated "event" books that are so prevalent these days.

I wonder who these Merry men are he's supposed to be recruiting.

sinewave said:
yup. i can't wait to see ollie and brick take on all those "28 days later"-style freaks in the next issue. it's good to get these types of fun issues every once in a while instead of the bloated "event" books that are so prevalent these days.

I liked the unfolding enmity between Queen and Deathstroke. There seems to be some subterfuge going on on his part with the whole "Green Arrow saves the Mayor." I could give or take the sub-plot about Brick, but I'm willing to see how far the zombie scenario goes.

I disliked the fact that he made his new fortune illegally. The issue was good, but not as great as the last one, or the one before that. Green Arrow is still on my top list though, I also can't wait for the next issue.

looks like mcdaniel is starting to get back on top of his game as an artist....he's been kinda sloppy over the past year or so.

Motown Marvel said:
looks like mcdaniel is starting to get back on top of his game as an artist....he's been kinda sloppy over the past year or so.

yeah, i thought the art looked pretty decent in this ish.

sinewave said:

You mean like OYL which spawned out this book as well?:confused:

Darthphere said:
You mean like OYL which spawned out this book as well?:confused:

oyl isn't really an event, though. it's just picking up a year later.

this was a pretty good issue. although the whole thing seems a bit contrived. it's like winnick is turning green arrow into batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"