Green Arrow the Movie, anyone?

I dunno about Liman. I've enjoyed a lot of his movies, but his big budget work has been plagued with a lot of behind-the-scenes troubles.
Didn't know that.
We can look at others.
Paul Greengrass?

For my director, I’d go with Antoine Fuqua. He’s done swashbuckle with his underrated King Arthur and he’s done street level crime with Training Day. I think he could balance the grittiness of Oliver Queens world with the wit, charm, and social justice passion of the character.

maybe we could even get Denzel as Malcom Merlyn

It would never happen because he’s kind of been rejected as a leading man, but I think Taylor Kitsch would be great in the role. He’s got the charm and the grit, not to mention to the natural northwest accent (well, Canadian accent).

But again, he’s more character actor than leading man.

It would never happen because he’s kind of been rejected as a leading man, but I think Taylor Kitsch would be great in the role. He’s got the charm and the grit, not to mention to the natural northwest accent (well, Canadian accent).

But again, he’s more character actor than leading man.

Originally Taylor was my pick for Bruce/Batman to replace Ben Affleck especially if they had gone with someone a little bit younger to replace Ben but still be in that Ben age range or close enough to it

But Kitsch I can see him as Oliver Queen most definitely

I’ve always liked Taylor Kitsch. Not sure that he screams Oliver Queen to me, but they could do worse.

Personally I wouldn’t want a Green Arrow movie to be too gritty. Even Longbow Hunters, which would be GA at its grittiest, had panels in it where Oliver thwarts the mugging of an old lady, then proceeds to dance with the old lady in the alley.

the worst thing they could do would be to make GA Batman-lite the way Arrow did. (And I was fine with Arrow as a show, but that wasn’t Oliver Queen from the comics)

Someone from the Conjuring universe. That has been working for DC (Wan and Sandberg) Corin Hardy, Gary Dauberman, Michael Chaves....or Mike Flanagan.

Mike Flanagan has superheroes in his future, I guarantee it. Dunno if it's GA (my money's on X-Men) but he really knows his stuff.

He could do something w/ ppl from Dr. Sleep. Rebecca Ferguson as Zatanna. Ewan McGregor comes back somehow as Black Mask .
Good Marvel movies have been done by horror directors (Sam Raimi, Scott Derickson etc.). But the best DC movies have been by them all the way back to Richard Donner w/ Superman. GA wouldn’t be much of a stretch, it’s dark enough. Cast Away meets Robin Hood meets Batman......

Last edited:
He could do something w/ ppl from Dr. Sleep. Rebecca Ferguson as Zatanna. Ewan McGregor comes back somehow as Black Mask .
Good Marvel movies have been done by horror directors (Sam Raimi, Scott Derickson etc.). But the best DC movies have been by them all the way back to Richard Donner w/ Superman. GA wouldn’t be much of a stretch, it’s dark enough. Cast Away meets Robin Hood meets Batman......
GA isn’t typically dark. And he’s at his worst when he’s “Cast Away meets Robin Hood meets Batman..” Just make him the character that he is in the comics. Otherwise make a Batman movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"