Green Lantern reboot ideas.

Let Hal rest in peace, he had his day.

Introduce John in the Justice League movie, then a do a prequel/origin movie by going the Jaded War Veteran route.

John having retired from the Marines, fed up from the horror and death of war. He returns to his old neighborhood with the goal of achieving his childhood dream of becoming an architect. With the renewed resolve of leaving the life of a soldier behind, he accidentally gets sucked into the biggest war our Galaxy has ever seen and is the last hope for the Mighty Green Lantern Corps. He must do what he promised himself he would never do again, take up arms and fight another war but this time as a the Emerald Guardian.

I love this idea, and would be totally excited for it if it did happen.

Chris Pine as Hal is a brilliant idea. Perhaps then they could make Bradley Cooper play Barry Allen perhaps?! As for John Stewart if they wish to incorporate him into the Universe, could he perhaps play an old friend of Hal's from way back or would it be something on a Tony Stark/James Rhodes sorta level - Idris Elba as Stewart too would be fantastic.

I suppose the GL Reboot could skim over the origins like how the Ed Norton Hulk movie went through the opening credits. And hopefully we'll see more of the film take place in space like how the Guardians of the Galaxy film appears to be shaping out to be.

And as for the recently released film, did the Extended Cut improve on the film in any way?! I picked it up but haven't got round to watching it yet.

Last edited:
Let Hal rest in peace, he had his day.

Introduce John in the Justice League movie, then a do a prequel/origin movie by going the Jaded War Veteran route.

John having retired from the Marines, fed up from the horror and death of war. He returns to his old neighborhood with the goal of achieving his childhood dream of becoming an architect. With the renewed resolve of leaving the life of a soldier behind, he accidentally gets sucked into the biggest war our Galaxy has ever seen and is the last hope for the Mighty Green Lantern Corps. He must do what he promised himself he would never do again, take up arms and fight another war but this time as a the Emerald Guardian.

I like this. This is solid.

Found some Injustice concept art of John Stewart. Pretty sweet! Apparently Ed Boon has been teasing putting Stewart in the game. Nothing may come of it, as he's teased a few other characters and nothing has happened as of now.

Here's the concept art:

Johnconceptart_zpsda1006a7.jpeg

I like the 2nd one most, but it's a bit too busy. The First one would be best for a film of those three, I think.

Using John might be the best way to reintroduce the GL corp without retelling the old origin (going over what was already established) but I still would like a good movie with Hal. Maybe Hal is used in the JLA film while John is in the GL movie.
And I want John to be an architect.

I would still include Hal in the series, just not as the central character. I really don't see any value in a film that that shows us Abin Sur crashing and dying and giving a down and out test pilot a green ring that he has to test out and figure out before it whisks him to the planet Oa which he then saves AGAIN.

And as for the recently released film, did the Extended Cut improve on the film in any way?! I picked it up but haven't got round to watching it yet.

Yes and no. It gave the full scene with Hal Carol and Hector as kids... but that wasn't very compelling... it just made his dad's jet exploding now so random.

The problem with just The Incredible Hulk-ing it is the same problem TIH said, it becomes strongly identified with the previous incarnation, and has a similar level of success. If you want improvement, you've got to GI Joe-it.

I would still include Hal in the series, just not as the central character. I really don't see any value in a film that that shows us Abin Sur crashing and dying and giving a down and out test pilot a green ring that he has to test out and figure out before it whisks him to the planet Oa which he then saves AGAIN.

Yes and no. It gave the full scene with Hal Carol and Hector as kids... but that wasn't very compelling... it just made his dad's jet exploding now so random.

The problem with just The Incredible Hulk-ing it is the same problem TIH said, it becomes strongly identified with the previous incarnation, and has a similar level of success. If you want improvement, you've got to GI Joe-it.
No killing off Hal. But yeah not as the central character (at first anyway), maybe Hal is to John what Sinestro should have been to Hal in this new reboot. He is the veteran who brings John in. And similar to Men in Black he isn't training a partner, he is training his replacement. He is being called off to a different mission (JLA maybe) and needs someone who can take over Space Sector 2814.
And like a Buddy Cop film, Men in Black, 48 Hours, Rush Hour, Shanghi Noon-ish, Hollywood Homicide, Showtime, Lethal Weapon, Bad Boys, Hot Fuzz, RIPD, and ALL those other buddy cop type films where there is a main (new) guy and the old veteran, it would be about both of them but mostly about John. The new guy coming into this whole new thing (the GL Corp). Of coarse the film would be sci fi/superheroic space cops and have the level of seriousness that a movie like the Avengers had (and not a comedy). But there are lots of examples that Hollywood can look at to see it works.
800px-Hal_Jordan_and_John_Stewart_Young_Justice.png

You still get Killowog training him, you still get Oa and the Guardians and maybe even some exposition about things, but like the Hulk movie with Norton it isn't exactly a reboot.

images

943793_463643253714477_23905673_n.jpg

The threat could even be Hal's former mentor, turned rogue Yellow Lantern, Sinestro.
And like the Hulk film it could be explained in flashbacks and exposition that Sinestro mentored Hal (like Hal is now mentoring John) and Hal found out he was abusing his position and power as a GL to rule over his planet. Sinestro was banished but came back with the yellow ring. Sort of the way Ross explained how Banner became the Hulk and its different than the other Hulk movie.
So John and Hal must apprehend Sinestro. After they finally capture him and put him in a Science Cell Hal passes his Space Sector to John.
johnstewart14.jpg

But this doesn't mean we wouldn't have any more Hal either, maybe Hal needs to help the JLA. So we could have a JLA film with Hal and a GL franchise reboot with John. Eventually John can pass his ring to Kyle too.

Last edited:
if they bring in John Stewart, i think Eric King (Doakes from Dexter) would be awesome for the role

erik-king.jpg

0d2fa7f4e9eb73698238d7537fffc0d61234842553_full.jpg

John to Sinestro - "Surprise mother fu**er!" :awesome:

No more solo movies. Keep him for Justice League.

you can make green lantern solo movies, or at least gl corps movies, so long as you do it right and don't make the the dark lantern rises. i doubt wb will, but it's possible.

Rebooting movies is generally a horrible idea. These are timeless characters, and there is no reason why a studio that cares about its property can't go decades and dozens of films without starting over.

Here's an idea I'm spending no time developing...

Hal Jordan is hailed as a hero by the other Lanterns, to the point were Sinestro decides he wants to leave. Hal's friend John Stewart is surprised at how Hal is basically a god, considering that his entire life he didn't really have much willpower (the first film showed Hal to be a weak man who was clearly undeserving of the ring...stupid move, WB). John ends up with Hal as he soaks up the adoration...but meanwhile, war is breaking out between the people of Rann and Thanagar. Hawkman (with Hawkgirl with him) meet with Adam Strange on New Mars to work out the problem and figure out who is manipulating the two worlds into this war. Long story short...it turns out that Hal is Parallax...he did not defeat him as we were led to believe, but was instead infected by him. Turns out, the leadership of Rann worships Parallax, and they assist him in not only destroying/killing the Green Lantern corps, but exterminating life on New Mars (except for one, who was with John, Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Adam Strange). As Parallax and an army from Rann launch to strike earth next, Hawkman tries to stop him but dies in battle...heroically sacrificing himself so that the rest can reach earth in time to team up with Superman and Batman in hopes of stopping Parallax and his army.

Not saying that this is a great idea...but it avoids rebooting the franchise and works to get the pieces in place for John to become Green Lantern and the Justice League to have an unstoppable enemy to fight.

The Green Lantern Corps

(updated for casting, since Elba/Cooper are taken)

---

In order to stand out from the other sci-fi properties (Star Wars, Star Trek, GOTG), have this movie clearly be about 'war'. Thus, GAs and critics will not only view this as a superhero movie, or a space movie, but a movie about larger social issues -- a Blomkamp movie.

Neil Blomkamp has a great handle on SFX, practical sets, good atmosphere, etc, all while making good use of a budget (aka low-risk for WB, given GL2011's high-budget/low-return); perfect for this franchise.

The movie will essentially be an exploration of what it means to be a soldier: the horror/necessity of war, a troubled mind (soldier) vs a clear mind (architect), doubt, guilt, self-loathing, camaraderie, and acceptance.

----

chiwetel-ejiofor.jpg

(Chiwetel Ejiofor / 36 / "12 Years a Slave")​

Taking place after the first JL movie, where we were introduced to our lead character John and his wound-up personality, start this movie with John waking up on Oa after a nightmare.

Rob-Kazinsky-300.jpg

(Robert Kazinsky / 29 / "Pacific Rim")​

Due to Hal Jordan's disappearance, John is assigned a new loudmouther partner, Guy Gardner, and John shows him (and the audience) the basics, although John's ring seems to be 'malfunctioning'. Tomar Rae suggests that it might be psychological; that something is on his mind.

Sinestro especially gets ticked off at Guy, especially in contrast to John, who he admires; he praises John for his previous profession as a soldier; his sense of duty; etc.
XtdZq.jpg

(Jason Isaacs / 50 / "Harry Potter", "Awake")​

In the first act, John and Guy investigate matters surrounding the mysterious yellow lantern corps in their sector; chasing leads, interrogating aliens in bars, etc, etc. However, the two butt heads along the way and Guy Gardner heads back to Earth after having enough of John. We receive small snippets of John's past through flashbacks (atrocities in the war) and dialogue (becoming an architect, etc).

A lead brings John to Korugar, homeworld of the GLCorps leader Sinestro, where he discovers its enslavement, finding the missing Hal Jordan as well.
Korugar_City.jpg

Jake-Gyllenhaal-007.jpg

(Jake Gyllenhaal/ 32 / "Source Code", "Brothers", "End of Watch", "Prisoners")​

Sinestro wants John to join him, like he asked Hal, who refused. He explains that he merely wants to control things so that there is no conflict; Sinestro has lost things in the past due to war as well. John seemingly agrees, stating that he doesn't want any world to experience the atrocities of war. However, he secretly helps free Hal and the rest of Korugar.

A rebellion forms to overthrow Sinestro's men on Korugar. Sinestro reveals himself as the leader of the yellow lantern corps, and orders them to attack Earth, as punishment for what John and Hal have done to his homeworld, 'dooming them to the horrors of war'.

Hal says he'll take care of Sinestro, while John heads back to Earth to defend it from the incoming Sinestro Corps.

When he returns to Earth, he searches for Guy Gardner in his home town, discovering aspects of Guy's troubled family/past. Seeing Guy able to overcome this inspires John to get over his own past. The two come to an understanding, and the two along with the rest of the corps engage in a massive battle outside Earth against the Sinestro Corps.

409648-122736-sinestro-corps-war.jpg

2f_156006_0_GreenLanternVol421BSinestroCor.jpg

Hal has an epic battle with Sinestro at the end on Korguar in front of the yellow central battery and Hal is forced to throw Sinestro into the battery, killing him and deactivating the Yellow Lantern Corps.

gl1.jpg

After the battle, John meets a distraught Hal again on Oa; Sinestro really was his friend on some level. John reminds Hal of the sometimes necessary cost of war; telling Hal (and himself, more or less) that "it's okay". Hal introduces John to Sinestro's replacement, Katma Tui, the leader of the rebellion on Korugar who John saved. John welcomes her to the corps.

Green_Lantern_Corps_Vol_2_60_Textless_Variant.jpg

Last edited:
I think that they should at least start out with Hal, and have his story start during the events. In fact, every character they adapt from this point on should have at least a piece of their story tie into the enormous event that was the Kryptonian invasion. The plot of their movies don't necessarily have to revolve around it, but it should be clearly referenced.

For Green Lantern, it's there's no doubt that the Guardians are going to have some kind of reaction to the fact that Kryptonians who were probably thought to be extinct suddenly resurfaced and invaded a primitive and isolated planet. That could be the reason for them sending out Abin Sur who would either be intercepted by an outside force, or maybe attacked by Zod's forces which mortally wounds him sending the ring to the closest inhabited planet i.e. Earth.

Hal could be flying jets during the invasion and be part of the force that took on the Kryptonians as they spread out across the world. Since the ring would be on its way to him, it could be the thing that turned the tide of the battle in some unseen portion of the world while Superman was taking on the terraformer in the Indian ocean and the Metropolis crew were dealing with their part.

So Justice League could introduce Hal as a fully instated member of the Corps coming back to Earth to question Superman on his involvement in the invasion or something like that. I can see them creating tension between the characters since Hal is now feeling high and mighty as the protector of Earth's space system clashing with Superman who feels that protecting Earth is his responsibility as it was bestowed by Jor El's consciousness.

I'm definitely against a Green Lantern film where John Stewart is the main GL in the film. Ultimately I don't find him an interesting character. If they are to reboot and they weren't to go with Hal and I really hope they'd go with Kyle Rayner. You could really do a Star Wars type thing with his story arc where his 3 films would be the orginials, in terms of a New Hope, Empire and Jedi, then if they were succesfull you could do 3 prequels with Hal. Now I only used the Star Wars anology as an example so don't start getting all antsy saying the prequels sucked etc cause that's not my point.

Personally though I want a reboot with Hal Jordan, have it mostly set in space with the GLs taking on the manhunters. Do a loose origin where u see things in flashback briefly, maybe even do an opening credits thing like TIH. I'd have the costumes be like military uniforms that you get on OA and have the middle section light up once a GL has graduated. Have Hal and Sinestro be the main stars and have hints towards Sinestro turning without setting a whole lot up like they tried to do in GL. Then have the sequel be Sinestro's fall with Hal and Sinestro coming to ahead in the finale.

I think John Stewart should never get a solo film, he just works better in teams, reason why i don't mind, and even advise for them to go with John in the Justice League movie. If they ever reboot i would like to see a proper adaptation of Secret Origin, not the villain like the movie did, but the actual problems faced by the character and the buddy cop aspect between Hal and Sinestro.

I think John Stewart should never get a solo film, he just works better in teams, reason why i don't mind, and even advise for them to go with John in the Justice League movie. If they ever reboot i would like to see a proper adaptation of Secret Origin, not the villain like the movie did, but the actual problems faced by the character and the buddy cop aspect between Hal and Sinestro.

Yeah I agree with John Stewart been better used in a team. I thought you could even use him in a movie series of GL Corps, so you have a stand alone trilogy of Hal's and a spin off with other Green Lanterns.

To be honest that's what was so frustrating was it really so hard to adapt secret origin?

I do have an idea I'd like for a GL series, this knowing they probably couldn't do a straight up orgin again. The first film be about the manhunters with flashes of Hals orgin, this would show the team up and friendship of Hal & Sinestro.

The next one would Sinestros fall with the GLs vs the Sinestro core. After that Hal could decide to take a break cause of the toll the whole thing took on him, leaving the ring for John Stewart who joins up with the corps. Which would be a GL Corps spin off. You could also introduce Guy Gardner and maybe say the guardians felt Stewart couldn't do it on his own cause Hal was so damn good but by the end Stewart prooves them wrong. Have the villains in that be Red Lanterns.

Then bring Hal back in GL 3 but have him turn in the Parallax story arc and also use this filnm to introduce Kyle Rayner. Have Hal turn back good at the (very) end and with his fellow GLs defeat Parallax. Hal then quits again after he'd killed so many people and then you do another corps film with Kyle as the lead.

Then bring Hal back for Rebirth.

End the series with Blackest Night with Hal and the others having to fight the resurected Lanterns and co that he'd murdered whilst possess as Parallax.

Well that would be a dream scenario cause we'd never get that many films in the series lol

Last edited:
I'm not interested in a solo film other than one with John Stewart. Hal is a great character, but extending his origin Secret Origin style isn't going to make it any less of a rehash. 2011's GL kinda ruined Hal's origin for films. It kinda ruined Hal. When these big franchises reboot, they don't make big improvements to the box office of the original, even if they're much better. The exceptions are movies like GI: Joe Retaliation where they bring in new characters to continue the franchise. The audience has to think 'this will not be at all like GL 2011' and there's no way to do that with Hal Jordan as the star. If they don't want to make a John Stewart movie (and they don't) then they know they can't make a Green Lantern movie (and they aren't.)

BUT... if they were to make a Green Lantern movie with John Stewart... here's how I would see it done:

Green Lantern: Emerald Guardian

We see a strange landscape, dead aliens all around and an apparently dead John Stewart just a few inches from a bloodied Green Lantern ring. Voiceover starts: "The Most Poweful Weapon in the Universe... and all I had to do was keep it on my finger..."

f3bf5ce9-6f4a-4b2b-8a16-acee72c178d0_zps20c54717.jpg

Cue Opening Credits. Present Day Coast City.

John Stewart is an out of work architect from Detroit, fighting ghosts from his service in the US Marines. His girlfriend, newswoman Tawny Young, is totally wrapped up in her career and wondering when he will stop making excuses and make things happen. His pitch to Ferris Aircraft for some soundproof hangars doesn't fall within their budget. The local hoodlums in his neighborhood accost him for trying to be a 'good guy' and failing so badly. Rent's due. Car's broken down. Times are tough. John doesn't trust his own judgment because of past mistakes, he even has nightmare flashbacks. Deep down, John is scared that he doesn't have what it takes. People talk about that Green Lantern guy sometimes, no one's seen him in years.

Then, in the middle of one of his darkest moments, this alien sweeps out of the sky. "John Stewart. You have been chosen. You have the capability overcome great fear." says Katma Tui, a gorgeous but taciturn fuscia-skinned alien.

633fda6b-67f1-4c34-8e97-86be546d00d0_zps5212264a.jpg

She immediately begins training John in the use of the ring and charge it, as they discuss the cosmos, and Katma is very dodgy about the state of the Green Lantern Corps. As they spar, she is impressed with his military training and remarks that he is a 'builder' and that he assembles real solid objects with his ring instead of just willing shapes into existence. His first field test is an assassination attempt on a public figure, Sentator Jeremiah Crutcher (here, comics fans will notice that Katma is playing Hal's role in John's first appearance), where John bucks orders, uses the Senator as bait, catches the true culprit and gets on Katma's bad side worse. After he mocks the oath, Katma says he's unfit to be a GL, and will submit her review to the Oan Council, at which point they will come take his ring away. She leaves.

John, seeing as how his time with this thing is brief, has a field day, showing off Green Ferrarris and paying cash for everything. He builds a prototype of the soundproof hangars easily, all sorts of stuff. It's all just very fun... well, until the Manhunters show up.

67b0bc82-4f2a-413d-91ca-b3c13bb9af1f_zpsf1a929c3.jpg

Yeah, they're clearly robots, their eyes glow green. They're there for Earth's Green Lantern, for crimes against sentience and strange cosmic legal terms. With their superior numbers and his ring running out of charge (which cold female computerish voice regularly announces), he's subdued very easily, and taken to the planet Dhor. Here, he first meets the mastermind behind Manhunters... Sinestro.

"Sinestro will ask the questions," and finds it very interesting that his replacement, that he trained, trained John. John is able to gather Sinestro has it in for the GL Corps for their ineffectiveness, but where he got this army from his a mystery. He also taunts John with the fate of the first human GL, alsoa mystery. Sinestro leaves to attend to the next phase of his plan after this factory planet finishes making his army. John manages to summon the GL Corps with the last of his ring's power, and a squad of GLs including Katma, Kilowog, and Tomar-Re, bursts in and manages to distract the Manhunters enough to allow him to get free, charge his ring and with the others, stop production, but the army escapes to rally with Sinestro, pursuing such superior numbers is inadvisable, but Tomar Re trie anyway, and is killed by the powerful yellow entity that covers the Manhunters' escape, "Parallax" is whispered in hushed tones.

127bb5e8-72d3-44fc-baa2-4a3fb1f591a1_zpsbdf1d43a.jpg

John is taken to Oa, where he sees that Oa has some advanced security perimeter that protects them, and meets with the Oan Council, the Guardians of the Universe. These little blue men in their ornate structures of green, after an argument, decide that John has proven himself worthy enough to be a probationary member of the Green Lantern Corps, warning against the dangers of a human Green Lantern, and is assigned to Katma to her shagrin. They make a stop at Mogo, a fun thing as any god Mogo scene should be, and then head to Xanshi, where, thanks to Mogo, they have a lead on an old decommissioned Manhunter. It's in a museum there, as it fell defending them millenia ago. John ends up quickly infatuated with the princess, Yrra Cyril, something which bothers Katma, surprisingly but not surprisingly. John, being a builder, scans the old Manhunter, identification 5TEL. John discovers it was created by the Guardians because it runs on Green Lantern batteries, which is why the Manhunters were capturing GLs to add to their numbers. John reactivates 5TEL and it tells part of the story of the pre-GLs before warning about incoming allies. Cue space, army of manhunters descending. John and Yrra warn Katma, backup is not nearby. They fight as hard as they can, Yrra shows that she's quite a fighter herself, as do many other Xanshi-ans. They seem to be holding them off until Sinestro and his monstrous pet Parallax show up. They offer surrender, but John instead baits Parallax into chasing him. He sets up a trap for Parallax which will recycle his energy on himself until he's spent and weakened and kill able. The trap, ornate as it is, works, until Parallax's true weakened form is revealed: a defenseless, distraught, terrified shadow of Hal Jordan.

2c80baeb-31a2-4c0b-af5a-5efb65c355cb_zps3bc05f19.jpg

John gets more flashbacks to the Marines, where he basically had to gun down a defenseless person after locking eyes with them. John even has a construct Assault Rifle in his hand to add to the symmetry. He can't do it. He hesitates, he realizes that he's hesitated and then he tries to finish it, but it's too late, Parallax has turned John's fear into power and thrown John off of his feet and burst from the trap, fleeing into the sky, leaving John with this energy feedback loop that he can't hold. He tells Katma to evacuate the planet. There's little that can be done in less than a minute, John is overwhelmed, and almost out of power, and Katma flies in to pull him out of the explosion which destroys the planet.

Xanshi_zps2b60f4af.png

We see Yrra, but not her father, has made it into a shuttle, and weeps as her planet disintegrates. Back on Oa, John is found unfit, stripped of his ring and told he'll be taken back to Earth. Katma volunteers for the job, after dressing him down and telling him how many billions of lives he has on his conscience, she thanks him for doing what he thought was right. "You'll be a great architect, I know it..." and then she makes a starship and they start heading back to Sector 2814. That's when Sinestro and Parallax and the Manhunters attack, bypassing security protocols thanks to what they pulled off of 5TEL, they start bombarding Oa. Guardians sequester for cover, unready GLs try to fight, transmissions for backup are blocked. It's bad. Katma makes the ship solid and says goodbye to John before locking in the ship's autopilot and leaving the ship to join the fight.

On the ground, we see Sinestro is a monster, he walks right into the Guardians' chambers, his beams and constructs cut through GLs like butter, and talks down to them while taking John's ring, still sitting on the pedestal where he had to leave it. Sinestro puts the Earth GL ring around his neck like a trophy. Meanwhile Parallax snipes people from above. In the sky, John uses the ship to communicate with someone (Mogo) to get backup, kamikazes the ship into Parallax to slow him down and dives out of the ship towards Oa. He freefalls towards Sinestro. He reaches out towards Sinestro as he's about to fly by (and then hit the ground and splat if he misses) but Sinestro sees him and knocks him silly as he passes, John ragdolls through the air and off of some structures before skidding across the ground limply. Sinestro smiles and then looks down at his neck... the ring is gone. Cut to the scene we saw from the beginning, but now the ring lights up and comes back onto John's hand, he stands up, he has a green aura but the computer is counting down the last 0.5% of his power with every move he makes. Manhunters rush him, and he makes... a sword, while reciting the Green Lantern oath with pride, as he fights, he does a couple blasts, a little flight, makes a lever to protect himself from a falling ship/building and then, with a spin, uses the sword to cut the front off of a Manhunter, as he finishes the Oath by plugging his ring into the exposed battery. "...Green Lantern's Light!" He becomes fully powered, full suited up, ready for action.

f7084351-b861-40f5-bc59-d7470ef0cbbb_zps29d9ae6c.jpg

Elsewhere, Sinestro faces off with Katma, who is no match for him while Parallax descends on the planet, and on the Power Battery, the source of the GL's Power. 5TEL, now under control of the Manhunters tries to fight John, but John, knowing his systems, rebuilds his insides so that he's now on the GL's side. 5TEL then, under John's influence, basically hacks and starts to shut down all of the Manhunters. John's own well planned Trojan Horse. Parallax tries to one shot John, but he no longer has anything to lose, so he has no fear. Parallax pulls up all of John's fears, giving John a preponderance of flashbacks that seem to have no effect on this guy who is totally prepared to die at any moment. Parallax cannot stop him and John basically tackles Parallax into the energy for the Power Battery. They wrestle in there and then there is a large corona of light, yellow first, then green takes over as John's fearful flashbacks are slowly replaced with Hal's and then... nothing. Moments later John, glowing green and a powerless Hal Jordan appear from inside the Green Lantern battery. John's ring says he's at 1000% power, which he then uses to rebuild Oa even grander and more beautiful than it was before.

eda58b29-255e-4c88-b50b-1f864c83cbe5_zpsec9d3e3a.jpg

Sinestro is now isolated, and his advantage of Katma seems less and less relevant as more GL's are fighting against him. Hal meets up with Kilowogg who takes him toward Sinestro while John calmly builds a sniper rifle. Sinestro is having at everyone and telling them off, and even Hal shows up in that bomber jacket and Sinestro has his big speech... John has finished the extremely long sniper rifle and fires it at Sinstro, right through Sinestro's.... ring. Sinestro, now powerless gets punched in the face by Hal. Manhunters are all stopped, on standby, thanks to 5TEL and Mogo, and GL backup has arrived, ready to help with anything else that needs doing... there's not much else.

tumblr_mc60845BH51rw3uqo_zps99990ce6.png

The final resolution scenes have Sinestro in prison, and Hal being re-inducted into the Corps and given a position as the Honor Guard Lantern, a position he gladly gives up for John, who's earned it, and has less desire to return to Earth... cue kiss with Katma Tui and innuendo about additional training time. The two humans part calling each other "Green Lantern" and we go to credits.

158e7256-4f67-43ce-a4b3-c7c7484a50be_zpsd8261fbd.jpg

After the credits of course, we find Yrra training hard out in some alien wasteland , striking makeshift GL dummies with her staff and then some off camera stranger comes to her. It doesn't speak, but it does toss a Yellow Power Ring at her feet...

I say that they should do a soft reboot of Green Lantern, acknowledge that the first movie happened, bring back Ryan Reynolds, but go in a vastly different direction visually and tonally, have David Goyer and Zack Snyder involved to a degree with the production, and a completely different director.

Agree 100%

I say do a hard reboot. They need to get it right and the tone and plot of the first movie doesn't mesh with Man of Steel. Use Hal and cast Chris Pine or Mathew Bomer if they want someone cheaper. Adapt Secret Origins whilst using influence from First Flight. Have it be a buddy cop movie set in space with Hal being trained in the field by Sinestro, played by Jason Isaacs or Ralph Fiennes. Spend no more than 30 minutes on Earth. Make the plot be about having to track down and capture Abin Sur's killer, Atrocitus. Have Sinestro's betrayal be the climax of the film but leave the Sinestro corps for the next movie. Have the costumes look more like uniforms. One option is to have a mesh type black undersuit similar to Man of Steel as a physical thing the corps members wear and have the green sections as CGI constructs or use a baggier more durable fabric material such as the material used in the Captain America Avenger's costume to show it's a tough on duty uniform. In a second movie introduce John as a side character but keep Hal as a main character. Adapt the Sinestro Corps War and begin the romance of Hal and Carol. In a possible third movie have Hal training Kyle, a complete character arc for Hal since we saw him in the same position in the first movie. Have Hal still as the main protagonist, while Kyle is a secondary protagonist and John is a side character. Have Atrocitus return as the leader of the Red Lantern Corps and have Carol become Star Sapphire, initially she is a villain but she chooses to help Hal fight the Red Lanterns in the end. Have an after credits scene introducing Guy Gardner which leads into the Green Lantern Corps team up movie where all four human lanterns are the protagonists and adapt The War of Light or the Manhunters if you want something non ring based. At least, that's what I want to see, but I really doubt Warner Brothers are prepared to make a Green Lantern trilogy and a team up movie.

Last edited:
Like I said go Incredible Hulk on it, you cover the orgin very briefly and you just get a straight up GL film. Have it be a Hal and Sinestro buddy cop where they take on the Manhunters.

I really don't want a John Stewart solo film, all in all I find him the most boring of the Earth Green Lanterns.

I don't find John boring at all. I just found his voice actor to be boring sounding in JLU.

See I think the only time I've thought he wasn't boring were a few episodes of the JL Animated Series, but not too often even in that. I'd rather he only appeared in any future GL films as a supporting character. Although I think he could work in JL cause he wouldn't be the focus and someone like Idris Elba could maybe change my mind.

Well, people said Barry Allen was boring until they revived him with a more charismatic personality. I suppose the same can be done for the likes of John or Hal should either one need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"