The Avengers Guardians of the Galaxy (2014): Will tie-in with The Avengers

Why? They're already talking to CGI characters like Hulk and even Iron Man (in a lot of cases, he's pure CG construct instead of an actual living, breathing RDJ). And RR is a badass, not a cute widdle fuzzywuzzy, even though that aspect will appeal to kids and girls.

But hey, those of you out there rolling your eyes at an ass-kicking raccoon will be pleasantly distracted by mostly-naked hotties like Gamora, Mantis and Moondragon to worry about it. Or if you'd rather see blood & guts and lots of 'splosions and gunplay, then Starlord and Drax will be right up your alley. See? Something for the whole family

convincing the GA is the hard part...
the GA has to see this has an Avengers 1.2 to get on the hype train

To everyone doubting Rocket Raccoon, your argument is invalid:

You could add ROTPOTA's Caesar to that list.

In fact, Rocket Racoon seems like a CG role tailor-made for Andy Serkis. That's become his stock in trade. :)

can anyone suggest wat comics should i read to prepare for GOTG and Thanos...

Why? They're already talking to CGI characters like Hulk and even Iron Man (in a lot of cases, he's pure CG construct instead of an actual living, breathing RDJ). And RR is a badass, not a cute widdle fuzzywuzzy, even though that aspect will appeal to kids and girls.

But hey, those of you out there rolling your eyes at an ass-kicking raccoon will be pleasantly distracted by mostly-naked hotties like Gamora, Mantis and Moondragon to worry about it. Or if you'd rather see blood & guts and lots of 'splosions and gunplay, then Starlord and Drax will be right up your alley. See? Something for the whole family
Yes, I know they are talking to CG characters. However, there come a point where the need for suspension of disbelief goes too far. Hulk, while large and green, is still a human. Rocket Raccoon is, well, he's a talking raccoon from outer space.

To everyone doubting Rocket Raccoon, your argument is invalid:

One is a different humanoid species. The other is an alien who looks alien. Rocket is an alien that looks like a cute little animal from our planet.

When I think of this character interacting with our establish reality based universe, I see images of every movie that has tried to integrate talking CG animals into live action films. Scooby-Doo, Garfield, Underdog, Alvin and the Chipmunks, etc.

Pity about Black Panther.
This could be fun too though .

Rocket Raccoon isn't all that different from the multitude of non-humanoid aliens from Star Wars and various other space operas. How well the GA receive him just depends of Marvel Studios' presentation and execution of the character. IMO I can see him being the every bit the ensemble darkhorse/spotlight stealing squad that the Hulk was in TA.

Oh, the naysayers will wail as they always do but in the end they too will welcome our furry overlord.

Mark my words, a few years from now you'll all be talking about how awesome RR is and how you supported him all along.

But he will know the truth.

Rocket Racoon is a badass. I could easily see him having a Hit-Girl effect in popularity: Doesn't look like a character who can kickass, but is actually a character who kicks all sorts of ass, making him that much more cooler.

Oh, the naysayers will wail as they always do but in the end they too will welcome our furry overlord.

Mark my words, a few years from now you'll all be talking about how awesome RR is and how you supported him all along.

But he will know the truth.

Rocket Racoon is a badass. I could easily see him having a Hit-Girl effect in popularity: Doesn't look like a character who can kickass, but is actually a character who kicks all sorts of ass, making him that much more cooler.

These two guys get it! :up:

Can anybody expalin in a couple of sentences why GOG is a good idea for a marvel movie and why they're cool? who are they?

Don't feel like going to Wiki:oldrazz:

Oh and supposed i wanna know more about them, any tips about trades?

I think this could be genius from Marvel. There is a Star Wars sized hole in Hollywood that no one has managed to fill. Anyone that fills that hole will make a fortune.

Rocket Raccon toys will fly off the shelves as kids absolutely lap this up.
I think this story has legs.

So it is somewhat official? A movie with a talking racoon? Alvin and the Chipmunks in space? Can't say I'm too excited. Strange or Panther had way more potential. This one will be hard to swallow for everyone who isn't a hardcore fan.

Thanos appears. Epic Space Opera. Rocket Raccoon.

Think Inglorious Basterds... in space

Space Avengers pretty much

Thanks ! i admit i know next to nothing about GOG...well, i know Nova. He's a part of their crew , right? and wasn't there a BIG storyline involving them a couple of years ago? always meaning to pick up the trades...

So it is somewhat official? A movie with a talking racoon? Alvin and the Chipmunks in space? Can't say I'm too excited. Strange or Panther had way more potential. This one will be hard to swallow for everyone who isn't a hardcore fan.

:whatever:

I just don't see the appeal of this to the masses. This could easily turn into a flop for Marvel Studios and ruin their momentum heading into Avengers 2. Still rather have BP or even Ant-Man over this.

Agree.

I think a space drama will be fun and will feel new and fresh rather than Black Panther or Ant Man that may feel tired and wrote.

can anyone suggest wat comics should i read to prepare for GOTG and Thanos...

1) The Thanos Imperative.
2) The Thanos Imperative.
3) The Thanos Imperative.

That's your gateway, and GOTG and Avengers 2 will both probably draw heavily from that miniseries.

One is a different humanoid species. The other is an alien who looks alien. Rocket is an alien that looks like a cute little animal from our planet.

When I think of this character interacting with our establish reality based universe, I see images of every movie that has tried to integrate talking CG animals into live action films. Scooby-Doo, Garfield, Underdog, Alvin and the Chipmunks, etc.

Alvin and the Chipmunks is a billion-dollar franchise....your point is....?

There's been quite a few "talking animal" movies that made HEAPS of box office cash.....here's a list:

http://boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=talkinganimal.htm

Why would space opera be hard to swallow....? I can't even think of a single space opera movie or TV series that failed.....Star Wars? Star Trek? Battlestar Galactica? Stargate SG-1? Babylon 5? Even beyond the confines of the MCU, GOTG would be hugely successful even as a standalone movie....it has every box-office gold element you could ask for: space wars, ray gun shoot-em-ups, galaxy-smashing Big Bads, hot naked alien chicks, cute fuzzies, he-man two-fisted pulp heroes....this is the very definition of "high concept."

1) The Thanos Imperative.
2) The Thanos Imperative.
3) The Thanos Imperative.

That's your gateway, and GOTG and Avengers 2 will both probably draw heavily from that miniseries.

I'd like to add The Thanos Quest, which is IMO the quintessential Thanos tale.

Alvin and the Chipmunks is a billion-dollar franchise....your point is....?

There's been quite a few "talking animal" movies that made HEAPS of box office cash.....here's a list:

http://boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=talkinganimal.htm
Quite frankly I'd classify him as more of a non-humanoid alien than a talking animal, not that dissimilar from guys like Chewbacca or Yoda.

still, the concept of RR reminds me of this guy here:
5e9f21e0e01ceea9f3628c72976d943b.jpg

and this is cheesy 60ies sci fi as it can get.

If you are going to do a space drama you have to commit to it. I think Green Lantern failed because it couldn't decide whether to be set on Earth or not. If you are going to have it in space HAVE IT IN SPACE.

Also I think some people want to have their cake and eat it too.
They moan that Marvel don't own all the superhero Marvel properties in one breath and then moan that only two Marvel movies are coming out a year in the next breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"