The Avengers Guardians of the Galaxy (2014): Will tie-in with The Avengers

You guys do know that it has been farther confirmed, beyond latino review...right?...Variety, and The Hollywood, and I believe a few others have confirmed this rumor true.

So it looks like Black Panther gets the shaft.

I mean, things can be officially confirmed, before they are "officially confirmed"
yeah, but that doesnt confirm the story details in the article
Or should I say Intense Speculation without any evidence ?

If you are going to do a space drama you have to commit to it. I think Green Lantern failed because it couldn't decide whether to be set on Earth or not. If you are going to have it in space HAVE IT IN SPACE.

Hell yes, QFT.

If Green Lantern had dumped the dumb-ass Hector Hammond subplot and just gone full-on space opera like it was SUPPOSED to be, nobody would be saying "boo" about GL at all these days; they'd just be looking forward to GL2.

And they are all either corny, cheesy, down right stupid, or a kids/family movie.

None of them featured space wars, godlike aliens or naked green-skinned hotties, either.

Its not even RR that i'm most worried about. Its Groot. I mean a genius tree that 'absorbs' wood to survive. How do u fit these into the MCU?

Hell yes, QFT.

If Green Lantern had dumped the dumb-ass Hector Hammond subplot and just gone full-on space opera like it was SUPPOSED to be, nobody would be saying "boo" about GL at all these days; they'd just be looking forward to GL2.

When GL was in space I was engaged, when he was on earth I was bored out of my mind. It was the exact same problem for me with THOR, I was BORED when he was on Earth.

If you are going to make GotG then have the strength of your convictions and set it in space the entire movie. If the themes and concepts are good the general audience will go with it.

Last edited:
T"Challa;23680537 said:
Its not even RR that i'm most worried about. Its Groot. I mean a genius tree that 'absorbs' wood to survive. How do u fit these into the MCU?

I think they may go with the original 1969 incarnation of GotG which is a little more human looking.

Space Avengers pretty much

Which explains why it's (probably) been greenlit I suppose.

They're going to have to be really careful about how Groot and RR are presented among other things. But as long as they don't become lazy and start to take success for granted, it could work. Well they've nailed scripting and casting and pulled off very tricky movies before so hopefully will again.

This one will be hard to swallow for everyone who isn't a hardcore fan.

Pretty sure that was said about TA and Thor etc, even the original IM before 2008.

So this is basically a way to use Thanos before they use Thanos.

What I'm loving about Marvel Studios right now is that they are in the business of BUILDING UP their not-well-known titles vs Fox and Sony and WB BEATING TO DEATH the already known popular franchises. Thats the only way Marvel Studios can succeed really. They can't rely on the same one-trick-pony cause comics is all they got. So that gives me a little bit more faith that GOTG won't be a total abomination.

So this is basically a way to use Thanos before they use Thanos.

The great thing is you close with the Guardian 'almost' beating Thanos and then Thanos pulls victory from the jaws of defeat as he gets his hands on the guantlet. You close with the guardians going to the Avengers for help. So you establish that Thanos is the baddest villian in the universe and a TRUE threat for the Avengers.

What I'm loving about Marvel Studios right now is that they are in the business of BUILDING UP their not-well-known titles vs Fox and Sony and WB BEATING TO DEATH the already known popular franchises. Thats the only way Marvel Studios can succeed really. They can't rely on the same one-trick-pony cause comics is all they got. So that gives me a little bit more faith that GOTG won't be a total abomination.

To fair, Fox only has FF/Daredevil/X-Men and Sony have Spidey it's not like they have access to the whole Marvel to make more diverse movies.

*imagines seeing Nova, Groot &... Rocket Raccoon all on the big screen* HNNNNGGGG...

I don't get the hate for Raccoon. I think he will come off very well with today's technology. I just hope they get the right guy(serkis) and not some shlub stunt guy. half the performance specially with the animal mocap stuff is in the eyes (see king kong and caesar) at least that's the way I see it. Serkis is the man

Last edited:
I think they may go with the original 1969 incarnation of GotG which is a little more human looking.

Feige has already said that when they make a GotG movie it'll be based on the current version, not the 31st century version.

I hope the tie-in with GOTG won't involve having both GOTG and Avengers appearing on screen and having a huge party or something, because I think having so many characters will overwhelm the audience (see X3) and ruin the goodwill they built with the amazing success of the first Avengers movie. The kind of tie-in I want is if GOTG crossed path with Thanos but couldn't stand him, and he'd make a small but important appearance in TA2, setting up a grand showtime in TA3. That would be the best case scenario imo.

127689-36099-groot_large.jpg

Three words: I AM GROOT

I think this will be a kick ass movie though. Can't wait til its official

T"Challa;23680537 said:

2191aj7.jpg

I hope the tie-in with GOTG won't involve having both GOTG and Avengers appearing on screen and having a huge party or something, because I think having so many characters will overwhelm the audience (see X3) and ruin the goodwill they built with the amazing success of the first Avengers movie. The kind of tie-in I want is if GOTG crossed path with Thanos but couldn't stand him, and he'd make a small but important appearance in TA2, setting up a grand showtime in TA3. That would be the best case scenario imo.

I think they can utilize different mini-teams comprised of GOTG members and Avengers. I'd love to see a gigantic space war movie with different fronts and locales with said mini-teams until the final confrontation.

Last edited:

I will be surprised if a single Avenger appears in the movie (well, maybe Thor if it ties into Thanos stealing the IG from Asgard).

If GOTG does cross over into TA, I hope it's at most indirect, like the GOTG villain being backed by Thanos, the same way Thanos backed Loki, or by a villain or an extraneous character crossing over. TA and GOTG actually meeting would be a mess of storytelling.

If GOTG does cross over into TA, I hope it's at most indirect, like the GOTG villain being backed by Thanos, the same way Thanos backed Loki, or by a villain or an extraneous character crossing over. TA and GOTG actually meeting would be a mess of storytelling.

I agree Avengers shouldn't appear in GotG but I definately think Thanos should be the Main villian in GotG and then get a major power up at the end of the movie.

Look at Loki in Thor and Loki in Avengers. Loki is much more of a threat in Avengers and that is because he has the Cosmic Cube and power staff. That should be the same for Thanos, an 'B' class villian who gets a major power boost and becomes an 'A' class villian.

Thanos is an A lister as far as villains go heck, as far as CHRACTERS Go!

Even at his base power level Thanos is powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with Thor and Thing at once.

I phased it wrong, I don't mean 'b' class villian such as Rhino, etc I mean power level. So 'b' class is a match for one, maybe superheroes but 'a' class is match for pretty much the entire Avengers, FF or X-Men. So Thanos is a mid level threat for GotG but by the end of the movie he is a threat for the entire Avengers.

can i just say...this... Avengers 2 in 2015? really? I have to wait like 3 freaking ass years for that movie? :(

can i just say...this... Avengers 2 in 2015? really? I have to wait like 3 freaking ass years for that movie? :(

Avengers should be event movies and the impact of an event movie would be lost if it came out every year. You'll have a Thor, Cap and IM movie to tide you over till then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"