Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I have a question.

For starters. I know nothing about this, not a damn thing except I watched the trailer and have been a fan of the Avengers universal movies. I guess I would be considered more of the casual fan/General audience, not a comic book fan, so please don't get mad with me for asking some questions that might be stupid.

In Thor 2, we see those fighter jets get sucked up and then come back, and when I was learning a little bit about GOTG, I just assumed that maybe one of the pilots of those jets didn't come back and is going to be this Starlord. I've seen people say that is not going to be the case, but then, why bother showing the jets being taken and then come back, and then go even further to show the monster ended up staying in London. People also say that the creators say that Starlord is a man of the 80's, but yet, the song he's playing was actually released in 74, and I myself am often connected to the 80's because I grew up in that era, but yet, I am just a year older than the dude who is playing Starlord.

So what's the jest? The jets in Thor are just there to throw dumbasses like me off, or could it have something to do with the GOTG world?

So what's the jest? The jets in Thor are just there to throw dumbasses like me off, or could it have something to do with the GOTG world?

Welcome to the fandom.

In this movie, Starlod(Peter Quill) [BLACKOUT]is likely to be a kid who left Earth in the 80s, because his mother was killed in an incident with aliens and one of them (Yondu) adopts him out of guilt or because he felt responsible for the boy, so he takes him... The reason you see him being so protective about his Walkman is because it's one of the few things he's got left from when he was a kid on Earth[/BLACKOUT].
The Convergence events in Thor2 have no direct relation to what happens in GoTG. The only thing that's relevant is that the mid-credits scene leads to GoTG, and [BLACKOUT]that the Tesseract and the Aether have a relation to the McGuffin in GoTG, that will be revealed much much later on.
[/BLACKOUT]
Hope that answers your questions.

Just saw the MTV GOTG clip. It's cool that they finally show Starlord's mask. Maybe the clip went by too fast, but did they show where the mask came from? It's as if he pressed a button on his leg and the mask formed out of nowhere.

bcf9c49cc0f611e38ad50002c9db6d9c_8.jpg

OK. I have a question.

For starters. I know nothing about this, not a damn thing except I watched the trailer and have been a fan of the Avengers universal movies. I guess I would be considered more of the casual fan/General audience, not a comic book fan, so please don't get mad with me for asking some questions that might be stupid.

In Thor 2, we see those fighter jets get sucked up and then come back, and when I was learning a little bit about GOTG, I just assumed that maybe one of the pilots of those jets didn't come back and is going to be this Starlord. I've seen people say that is not going to be the case, but then, why bother showing the jets being taken and then come back, and then go even further to show the monster ended up staying in London. People also say that the creators say that Starlord is a man of the 80's, but yet, the song he's playing was actually released in 74, and I myself am often connected to the 80's because I grew up in that era, but yet, I am just a year older than the dude who is playing Starlord.

No .... no no no no no.

Star Lord is his own character, has nothing to do with that benign pilot in T:TDW. In the latest CBM article Pratt even explains he was abducted at the age of 8 in Missouri by a group called "The Ravagers".

Gunn's comments in the new EW. Courtesy of Guard The Galaxy

On Peter Quill:
"He was abducted from Earth (specifically, Missouri) at age 8 and "raised by Yondu in a group of thieves and smugglers called the Ravagers. He's good with the ladies and a little bit of a dick and very lucky."

On Gamora:
"Thanos slaughtered her family and Nebula's, then raised them together as siblings. They were bio engineered to become living weapons. So she's really good at killing people."

On Drax:
"Drax is a little mysterious in the movie. But we do know that his wife and child were killed by Ronan and he's very singularly focused on revenge."

On Groot:
"He's very innocent. He just wants to be liked by Rocket and do the right thing."

On Rocket Raccoon:
"A talking, gun-toting raccoon-like creature-and another product of bioengineering. For me, it's not Bugs Bunny in the middle of the Avengers. It's this little gnarled, creepy beast who is very sad and alone."

Yes he also mentions Thanos will be "motion captured".

Neat-o. Gunn also says they're tied to Avengers 3, which probably semi-confirms Thanos as the A3 villain with the Infinity Gauntlet - not that anyone here would/should be surprised.

Love those shots above!

Impossible .... a certain someone on here has been insistent it's Benicio Del Toro in the role! LOL

Baaaaahahahaha oh yes, Crazy Sam with his the collector is Thanos in disguise theory :funny:

D'aawwww @ Groot's description. He's so damn cute in this movie.

Looks like Star-Lord got ahold of someone's mechanical leg.

I wonder if those bar code things on their legs indicate the severity of their crimes. Or how many they've been charged with.

And cool to get new info on Thanos. But who is doing the motion capture? And who is doing the damn voice!?!

Impossible .... a certain someone on here has been insistent it's Benicio Del Toro in the role! LOL

Mark Ruffalo did mocap for Hulk, right? I'm clinging to BDT as Thanos until you pry it from my cold, wrong fingers. :cmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"