Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - Part 19

As a DC fan I finally buckled and watched this. It was OK. I had to cut the movie short because of obligations, and only saw the first hour, but a few thoughts. It's good. I probably won't come back to finish because at the end of the day while it was little different it's still a generic marvel movie in terms of storytelling and nothing really at stake and aimed towards children. The jokes at first are fine, but they come way too often for my liking. The romance was rushed and I only watched the first hour. Everything felt rushed. The soundtrack was awesome and titles screen of starlord dancing to "come and get your love" was one of my favorite comic book openings. Cooper was also very energetic and good for the role. I can see why people enjoy it, but I just strongly prefer a more mature movie.

Be on the lookout for Daredevil on Netflix coming soon. That's more what you're looking for, I think.

As a DC fan I finally buckled and watched this. It was OK. I had to cut the movie short because of obligations, and only saw the first hour, but a few thoughts. It's good. I probably won't come back to finish because at the end of the day while it was little different it's still a generic marvel movie in terms of storytelling and nothing really at stake and aimed towards children. The jokes at first are fine, but they come way too often for my liking. The romance was rushed and I only watched the first hour. Everything felt rushed. The soundtrack was awesome and titles screen of starlord dancing to "come and get your love" was one of my favorite comic book openings. Cooper was also very energetic and good for the role. I can see why people enjoy it, but I just strongly prefer a more mature movie.
I do agree with you to an extent. I don't think GOTG is this "great film" that people make it out to be but it was certainly enjoyable. The characters were all likable IMO though I never really felt like the stakes were that high. But could a movie like "GOTG" ever be that mature? I liked it for what it was and I leave it at that.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Cut Scene Reveals Why Baby Groot Hid His Dancing From Drax
In a very entertaining appearance on Doug Loves Movies, director James Gunn revealed the answer to one of Guardians of the Galaxy’s biggest mysteries. At the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, baby Groot is dancing to the Jackson Five’s “I Want You Back.”

Meanwhile, Drax the Destroyer is cleaning his knife. And in one of the funniest scenes in the movie, every time Drax turns to look at baby Groot, then baby Groot stops dancing. Why did baby Groot care if Drax saw him dancing?

Turns out there was a specific reason why baby Groot was shy about dancing in front of Drax.

“There was actually a scene that we cut from the movie where big Groot was dancing to 'Livin’ Thing' by ELO,” said Gunn. “And it wasn’t such an elaborate dance. It was more that he was just moving up and down like this, and Drax was dismissive and gave him this look like he was a loser when he did that.”

Gunn added, “Dancing is ludicrous to Drax. I don’t think he understands it. If Drax owned a town, if he was a mayor, the first law would be no dancing. But yeah, so at the end of the movie, little baby Groot didn’t want to get caught dancing, because he would kill him.”

So it looks like baby Groot had a very good reason to not let Drax see him dance. In revealing this little nugget, Gunn might have also accidentally revealed a secret he had been keeping about whether baby Groot might be Groot’s progeny rather than Groot himself. If baby Groot had memories of Drax being dismissive of his dancing before, then it would seem that baby Groot really is Groot rather than an offspring.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Me and my friend just reviewed 'Guardians of the Galaxy' yesterday and I love this movie and my friend really wasn't a fan. I would love to hear what anyone thinks of our review: https://youtu.be/HKbU6A6kSmQ

Someone tell me I'm not the only one who thought Drax ended up being the funniest character. I got the biggest laughs from him, I mean, Rocket is basically neck in neck but Drax was surprisingly hilarious. I'm always skeptical when WWE guys get acting roles but I thought Batista was very good in this movie.

My favorite line in the movie is the "nothing goes over my head" line but he even had a few more subtle ones that had me laugh out loud, like "I like your knife, I'm keeping it". He was very good. I do hope that they make him alittle more of a bad ass in the sequel though, for a massive guy nicknamed "The Destroyer" he really didn't dominate any of the fights he was in like I thought he would, or like Groot did and got completely manhandled by Ronan, don't think he ever really even got a shot in. Granted I know nothing about the Guardians outside of this movie but I thought he was supposed to be one of the most dangerous people in the Universe.

Overall I thought the movie was very good, despite me not being interested in the characters at all going in or being a huge fan of action/comedies it won me over. Really liked Batista, Cooper, Pratt and as always Zoe was great.

Okay, I'm a hardcore DC fan, I hate it when Marvel movies are better than DC films (well, okay not really) ...... except this time. Man, I loved, loved LOVED Guardians, it's the best Marvel movie so far and one of the best cbm's ever.

Guardians is beyond awesome, it's fun, it's about family and friendship, it's got heart and soul and a talking Raccoon - who's a total badass.

I would have given it 10/10. Sure there are some minor story flaws and plot holes, but who the hell cares, this film is so much fun that it doesn't matter.

There, just sharing the love.

There will be DIFFERENT deleted scenes on the bonus disc in the Phase two box set out on Dec 8.

Last edited:
James Gunn posted this to his twitter and facebook yesterday (click the image for the full 2048x1150 resolution):

James Gunn @JamesGunn
Verified account

Thanks @Framestore for this gift - Groot's Last Supper (from a scene cut from #GotG Vol. 1).

On his Facebook he further explains:
James Gunn with Dave Bautista (Batista).
17 hrs ·
Facebook Mentions
·
Groot's Last Supper. This was a shot from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 that got cut from the movie and was never finished. The great artists over at Framestore finished a frame and just gave it to me as a gift. Thanks, guys!

Guardians of the Galaxy has to be up there with one of my favourite Marvel films ever.

Browsing a film site and came across "7 Guardians of the Tomb". What a blatant brand rip-off, they even stole the font.

51T5sJngQLL.jpg

7guardiansofthetomb_keyart_.jpg

I'm using flex payment considering Im sort of in a pinch in my finances sometimes so thank god for that.

How much money has Guardians made? I doubt they'll take Gunn off.

Gunn's always been a bit of a wild card with what he says.

Welcome to Twitter. Everything he said was just for shocks and to get a reacting out of people. Was any of it funny? Not really. But it's not that much worse that what other people joke about on Twitter.

Welcome to Twitter. Everything he said was just for shocks and to get a reacting out of people. Was any of it funny? Not really. But it's not that much worse that what other people joke about on Twitter.

And what you say ON Twitter is liable to get youbfjred

He posted these "edgy" jokes a lot. Enough for him to delete a quarter of his Twitter history.

To me, that implies an interest in the subject.

And what you say ON Twitter is liable to get youbfjred

I guess. I typically thing people overreact to things like this, but it's Disney's call, I suppose. Nothing illegal was done. Just some bad jokes.

That said, I'm not a fan of what Gunn did with the Guardians anyway. His characterization of pretty much every Guardian is a far leap from the Cosmic Marvel comic series that I love.

So I'm fine with some fresh blood coming in. I hope whoever the new person makes them less of a slapstick group of ragtag misfits, and more into a badass space force with different personalities.

I guess. I typically thing people overreact to things like this, but it's Disney's call, I suppose. Nothing illegal was done. Just some bad jokes.
es.

Of course but even bad jokes can get you fired. This isn't anything new. There are plenty things you can do to get you fired that aren't illegal. You work somewhere then you represent that place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"