Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - Part 19

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

2. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

3. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

As a DC fan I finally buckled and watched this. It was OK. I had to cut the movie short because of obligations, and only saw the first hour, but a few thoughts. It's good. I probably won't come back to finish because at the end of the day while it was little different it's still a generic marvel movie in terms of storytelling and nothing really at stake and aimed towards children. The jokes at first are fine, but they come way too often for my liking. The romance was rushed and I only watched the first hour. Everything felt rushed. The soundtrack was awesome and titles screen of starlord dancing to "come and get your love" was one of my favorite comic book openings. Cooper was also very energetic and good for the role. I can see why people enjoy it, but I just strongly prefer a more mature movie.

4. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Be on the lookout for Daredevil on Netflix coming soon. That's more what you're looking for, I think.

5. Silvermoon

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  6. Spider2099

Spider2099 Well-Known Member

I do agree with you to an extent. I don't think GOTG is this "great film" that people make it out to be but it was certainly enjoyable. The characters were all likable IMO though I never really felt like the stakes were that high. But could a movie like "GOTG" ever be that mature? I liked it for what it was and I leave it at that.

7. Silvermoon

Guardians Of The Galaxy Cut Scene Reveals Why Baby Groot Hid His Dancing From Drax

8. TMG Review

TMG Review Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Me and my friend just reviewed 'Guardians of the Galaxy' yesterday and I love this movie and my friend really wasn't a fan. I would love to hear what anyone thinks of our review: https://youtu.be/HKbU6A6kSmQ

9. Zur-en-Arrh

Zur-en-Arrh Untitled

loved it tmg

10. DOBSON10

DOBSON10 Custom User Title

Someone tell me I'm not the only one who thought Drax ended up being the funniest character. I got the biggest laughs from him, I mean, Rocket is basically neck in neck but Drax was surprisingly hilarious. I'm always skeptical when WWE guys get acting roles but I thought Batista was very good in this movie.

My favorite line in the movie is the "nothing goes over my head" line but he even had a few more subtle ones that had me laugh out loud, like "I like your knife, I'm keeping it". He was very good. I do hope that they make him alittle more of a bad ass in the sequel though, for a massive guy nicknamed "The Destroyer" he really didn't dominate any of the fights he was in like I thought he would, or like Groot did and got completely manhandled by Ronan, don't think he ever really even got a shot in. Granted I know nothing about the Guardians outside of this movie but I thought he was supposed to be one of the most dangerous people in the Universe.

Overall I thought the movie was very good, despite me not being interested in the characters at all going in or being a huge fan of action/comedies it won me over. Really liked Batista, Cooper, Pratt and as always Zoe was great.

11. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

Okay, I'm a hardcore DC fan, I hate it when Marvel movies are better than DC films (well, okay not really) ...... except this time. Man, I loved, loved LOVED Guardians, it's the best Marvel movie so far and one of the best cbm's ever.

Guardians is beyond awesome, it's fun, it's about family and friendship, it's got heart and soul and a talking Raccoon - who's a total badass.

I would have given it 10/10. Sure there are some minor story flaws and plot holes, but who the hell cares, this film is so much fun that it doesn't matter.

There, just sharing the love.

12. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

There will be DIFFERENT deleted scenes on the bonus disc in the Phase two box set out on Dec 8.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  13. Silvermoon

James Gunn posted this to his twitter and facebook yesterday (click the image for the full 2048x1150 resolution):

On his Facebook he further explains:

14. VelcroWallet

VelcroWallet Low Replay Value

Guardians of the Galaxy has to be up there with one of my favourite Marvel films ever.

15. elgaz

elgaz Well-Known Member

Browsing a film site and came across "7 Guardians of the Tomb". What a blatant brand rip-off, they even stole the font.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ashwilliams8891

I'm using flex payment considering Im sort of in a pinch in my finances sometimes so thank god for that.

17. Kaleb

Kaleb Devil of Hells Kitchen

18. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

No ****ing way.

19. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

How much money has Guardians made? I doubt they'll take Gunn off.

Gunn's always been a bit of a wild card with what he says.

20. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

He said some nasty stuff in the past apparently.

21. Scarecrow_King

Welcome to Twitter. Everything he said was just for shocks and to get a reacting out of people. Was any of it funny? Not really. But it's not that much worse that what other people joke about on Twitter.

22. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

And what you say ON Twitter is liable to get youbfjred

23. Leenie

Leenie Well-Known Member

He posted these "edgy" jokes a lot. Enough for him to delete a quarter of his Twitter history.

To me, that implies an interest in the subject.

24. Scarecrow_King

I guess. I typically thing people overreact to things like this, but it's Disney's call, I suppose. Nothing illegal was done. Just some bad jokes.

That said, I'm not a fan of what Gunn did with the Guardians anyway. His characterization of pretty much every Guardian is a far leap from the Cosmic Marvel comic series that I love.

So I'm fine with some fresh blood coming in. I hope whoever the new person makes them less of a slapstick group of ragtag misfits, and more into a badass space force with different personalities.

25. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

Of course but even bad jokes can get you fired. This isn't anything new. There are plenty things you can do to get you fired that aren't illegal. You work somewhere then you represent that place.