Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Rocket footage was awesome

Looks like it's the new trailer posted above.

The new trailer is really good. It simultaneously feels more dramatic - with a heavier focus on character beats and the high stakes - and perhaps the best showcase for the film's humor yet. Loving the Star-Lord/Rocket banter! Sadly, no new rockin' 80s' tune, but the soundtrack is sounding good too. And.... lo and behold! The first clip NOT to feature the "Star-Lord"/"Who!?" exchange! That alone gives this an extra breath of fresh air.

This is dead frustrating. I follow this link, and I see no clip on this page. Yet on the comments thread it seems like most other people are seeing the clip... though a couple, like me, seem to also be seeing no video. For those who can see it, is the new clip just this newly-released trailer?

http://uk.eonline.com/news/551730/g...ial-look-bradley-cooper-is-one-badass-raccoon

Yeah, I can't see a video either. Strange.

New trailer was awesome. ''That's a fake laugh'' :hehe:

The interaction between Rocket & Quill was pretty good.

The new trailer is really good. It simultaneously feels more dramatic - with a heavier focus on character beats and the high stakes - and perhaps the best showcase for the film's humor yet. Loving the Star-Lord/Rocket banter! Sadly, no new rockin' 80s' tune, but the soundtrack is sounding good too. And.... lo and behold! The first clip NOT to feature the "Star-Lord"/"Who!?" exchange! That alone gives this an extra breath of fresh air.

i4Xmf6Z.jpg

:woot:

Wow, the trailer that just dropped gives the movie the heart I much needed to see. I was all for the humor, but damnnnnnn. Pratt and co really sell it. :up:

Best trailer yet. Rocket is gonna steal the show.

haha yea i bet Benicio is gonna be chomping on some scenery :)

I hope so, because casting him as The Watcher is ****ing genius.

Of course a lot of people are rightly going to praise Rocket in this new trailer, but I think it's also worthwhile to note that this is an important trailer for Star-Lord. This feels like the first time we're really getting to see him as more than just a goofball. We get a glimpse of the journey he's been on, a look at his bravery and desire to do good even against impossible odds, and even get a hint of pain. He's feeling like a more rounded character.

Of course a lot of people are rightly going to praise Rocket in this new trailer, but I think it's also worthwhile to note that this is an important trailer for Star-Lord. This feels like the first time we're really getting to see him as more than just a goofball. We get a glimpse of the journey he's been on, a look at his bravery and desire to do good even against impossible odds, and even get a hint of pain. He's feeling like a more rounded character.

very good points Keyser.. the interactions between the team was really good.. especially between Rocket and starlord...

Yeah Rocket seems great and Bradley seems to capture the voice well. I'm not a fan of the trailer however. It still looks awesome and as a trailer on it's own it works but this trailer feels like a completely different film compared to the other trailers. I know some trailers go for different tones but this one just didn't feel right. I'm all for showing different aspects of a movie in trailers just try and keep it in a consistent tone. If I went in purely based on that trailer I probably wouldn't expected it to be as funny as it probably is/
And the humour that was shown in the trailer felt a little off because of the dramatic nature of the trailer. Im still gonna be there opening day and if this trailer was the first I'd definitely dig it more but it just left me a little cold. It seems like it has gorgeous cinematography though.

Rocket/Quill interaction is just spot-on. The bomb scene at the end was perfectly played.
And yeah, while Cooper delivers, the one the impresses the most might be Pratt. I already can't see anyone else in the role. He brings his own unique energy and seems to balance serious and goofy very well.

Boring trailer, but i understand why they made it.

Yeah, some nice cinematography is definitely showing through. That shot where young Peter Quill runs out of the hospital, then it cuts to that shot with him a tiny speck cast against the seemingly black, empty sky, only for the sudden reveal of the alien spaceship as its lights switch on.... beautiful stuff. In those couple of seconds, the framing and imagery conveys quite a powerful thematic message of Quill going from being utterly alone to there being a place in the world (or, rather, out of the world) for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"