Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. I would lose my turds if Phase 3 led off with an Inhumans movie, followed by Strange, Panther, and Ms. Marvel.

/dream

tumblr_m6bh8cxEfb1r3ovdbo1_250.gif

It would be cool to see him in another movie, as long as he continues to do "well" in his other movies

So is Diesel confirmed as Groot then, according to that statement?

I still think he's pulling double duty as Thanos as well

He misspoke when he said he was going to be in a film that would launch Phase 3. That's Ant Man.

I guess vin as groot is confirmed then

Vin said, "It's up to my reps," but that's as close to a confirmation as you can get. I can't see his agent getting uppity and refusing the role for Vin.

Also, it's worth noting that the 2016/2017 film role could very well still be on the table. There's no reason to think that voice-acting Groot would prohibit Marvel from wanting a live-action role for him later on (and clearly, they discussed it with him).

Vin said, "It's up to my reps," but that's as close to a confirmation as you can get. I can't see his agent getting uppity and refusing the role for Vin.

Also, it's worth noting that the 2016/2017 film role could very well still be on the table. There's no reason to think that voice-acting Groot would prohibit Marvel from wanting a live-action role for him later on (and clearly, they discussed it with him).

I DID say I could see him as Dormammu for a Dr. Strange movie, idk why. But that would certainly fit the bill.

Well if Vin gets the role, I hope he's listed as "Vin Diesel" in the credits and not just "Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot" since he's also doing the mo-cap and is therefore virtually playing the character. Also, I hope he'll also do promotion of the movie along with the other stars.

It would be funny if Diesel does play Black Bolt. With all the complaints that his accent is too New York-ish, they'd be satisfied because Black Bolt can't talk :funny:

Isn't Diesel wanting to do a big screen version of Kojak? I think he'd work well for that.

Um... I guess I could see them talking to Diesel about either Dormammu or Mordo, if Mordo's going to be in the Doctor Strange movie.

I really hope the talks weren't about Black Panther though.

Um... I guess I could see them talking to Diesel about either Dormammu or Mordo, if Mordo's going to be in the Doctor Strange movie.

I really hope the talks weren't about Black Panther though.

They have this guy (Chadwick Boseman) at the top of their list:

chadwick%20boseman.jpeg

But he (Chiwetel Ejiofor) is a better fit:

Chiwetel_Ejiofor_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

Ejiofor is totally my BP pick. I hope that Whedon holds sway over Panther casting too, since I think it would be likely for CE to get the role then.

What's Boseman been in? I haven't seen him in anything.

ETA: Ah, just looked him up. I've been meaning to rent 42. And I know he was recently cast as James Brown.

It would be funny if Diesel does play Black Bolt. With all the complaints that his accent is too New York-ish, they'd be satisfied because Black Bolt can't talk :funny:

Black Bolt can totally talk. He just shouldn't. :oldrazz:

Man, Marvel needs to officially confirm as Vin as Groot & whoever is playing Rocket. All of these rumors are ridiculous.

yeah its that whole storytelling idea of "answer some questions, create new ones"
now that there's the "what's the 2016 and 2017 movies" question, they should be able to answer some of the ridiculous amount of mysteries surrounding this movie

I definitely feel like they were tapping him for Black Bolt as well or Kornak or Triton. Sounds like this Groot job is just so they can do something with him immediately, and he will still be in one of their phase 3 films.

It's Karnak actually. If Vin does get a role in The Inhumans I think Gorgon would be the best fit.

I don't see him as Gorgon. He's too big. Gorgon should be a lanky fellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"