Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you implying Big Dave was on roids? Well I never... nah, who am I kidding. :funny:

It's so weird man. I've seen dudes go through some crazy stuff after only a few cycles. Can't imagine what it does to a guy's head after years and years. But as long as he doesn't try to hit me with one of those meat hooks I'll prob still like him. And at least he isn't a woman beater like old man Brolin. Bleh

Like I said in the Drax thread, they must plan on portraying Drax powerfully since they got someone like Bautista to play him

It's so weird man. I've seen dudes go through some crazy stuff after only a few cycles. Can't imagine what it does to a guy's head after years and years. But as long as he doesn't try to hit me with one of those meat hooks I'll prob still like him. And at least he isn't a woman beater like old man Brolin. Bleh

Dave's a lover, not a fighter. A running gag over on the Wrestling thread is that he "hangs out" with the WWE Divas since his return.

Like I said in the Drax thread, they must plan on portraying Drax powerfully since they got someone like Bautista to play him

I just hope he can keep it up if there's a sequel he's not exactly a spring chicken he's 45 already I think could look like drax the droopy if there making guardians into his fiftys.

That is why I wouldn't have cast Batista at this point. He doesn't look all that powerful. I am expecting a lot of stunt work to make him look powerful and fast. Because while Batista never moved all that well, he really can't move all that well now.

Dave's a lover, not a fighter. A running gag over on the Wrestling thread is that he "hangs out" with the WWE Divas since his return.
That is because of what happened last time he was around.

I don't watch wrestling so I have no idea what his personality in that is like but in person, from what I've experienced, he's a great guy. Gruff and testosterone fueled (love dem roids) but funny as hell and as weird as it sounds gentlemanly.

Plus, high five to Marvel for more minority actors in major roles. Keep em coming

I don't really watch wrestling anymore, but Batista was always a guy who never seemed invested in it, was always itching to use it to springboard away into something else. And I'm not begrudging wrestlers for doing that, I still love The Rock to this day. But The Rock still shows appreciation to his WWE fans and still puts on a good show when he goes back. But with Batista, it was like he'd already checked out before he'd gone and couldn't wait to crap over the fanbase once he was away. And now he's back he's phoning it in and acting like he's above it all. If you're above it, don't take the money to do it.

Plus, outside the ring, there was the whole "cheating on your wife while she is being treated for cancer" thing that made him look a bit of a scumbag.

I don't really watch wrestling anymore, but Batista was always a guy who never seemed invested in it, was always itching to use it to springboard away into something else. And I'm not begrudging wrestlers for doing that, I still love The Rock to this day. But The Rock still shows appreciation to his WWE fans and still puts on a good show when he goes back. But with Batista, it was like he'd already checked out before he'd gone and couldn't wait to crap over the fanbase once he was away. And now he's back he's phoning it in and acting like he's above it all. If you're above it, don't take the money to do it.

Plus, outside the ring, there was the whole "cheating on your wife while she is being treated for cancer" thing that made him look a bit of a scumbag.

He also slept with another Wrestler's woman. And that other guy is still with her!

That is why I wouldn't have cast Batista at this point. He doesn't look all that powerful. I am expecting a lot of stunt work to make him look powerful and fast. Because while Batista never moved all that well, he really can't move all that well now.

I still would have preferred Jason Momoa as Drax.

Well Mamoa isn't drax soooooo yep haha.

Yeah, there's nothing to be done about it now. Dave Bautista has got the part, and I'm rooting for him to win me over and make me change my mind about him, as I dig Drax as a character and want him to turn out well on film. For now, all I can say is that he looks cool in the role.

I think Batista is gonna surprise some people.

God I loving the look of this film. Never read the comic so I'm going into this fresh but it looks like it's going too fill that space epic that I need (till Star Wars ) lol.

Everyone in that pic looks so cool and I'm loving Starlord's ship. Can't wait for the trailer and film.

The one character we still haven't caught a glimpse of. He could look like anything. I am so flippin' curious.

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

I remember Batista having said that he thinks Drax is more than strong enough to wipe the floor against Hulk and Thor.lol

Since some of you are talking about the looks of the characters I couldn't remember if there were any set pics with Glenn Close or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"