Guillermo del Toro Developing Pinocchio

Wow Disney is literally Everywhere and making a serious profit from their properties.

Well that's interesting.

This is going to be brilliant I think but it definitely will fair better on Netflix. It would sink like a rock in theatres for sure.

Del Toro doing it?!
I would prefer if he did live action, not stop motion.

I trust GDT to know which medium best serves this story.

Agreed. Also... I think it's interesting to see someone with a level of success that GDT has had try something off the beaten path. Til' this day, and I know... I'm in the minority here but... I think LIFE AQUATIC is Anderson's best film, but FANTASTIC MR. FOX is his most accessible. Stretching out allowed Anderson to give us a film I truly think will be fondly remembered by the cinemaphiles for a long time.

On another note, I had not seen this thread until a few minutes ago. I read the title and it makes it sound like GDT is suffering from some disease named Pinnochio.

But his style is great for live action.... HOLY MOSES, just imagine GDT's live action Pinocchio.. It would be a truly visual event movie

RUN WITH THE HUNTED Star Ron Perlman Talks Reteaming With Guillermo Del Toro For PINOCCHIO - EXCLUSIVE

So far, Del Toro has assembled an impressive cast which includes Ewan McGregor, Tilda Swinton, Christoph Waltz, and Ron Perlman. When we spoke to the latter for Run With The Hunted, we asked about his plans to reteam with the filmmaker, and he explained how much work he's done on the highly anticipated animated project.

"I have done my preliminary performance,"Perlman confirmed. "And when I say preliminary, the way animated films work is that the actors give a performance, and that is shipped off to the animators, they animate to the actor's performances, but things get altered in that process."

"Then, it comes back to the actors to do their rewritten scenes or new scenes that have been put in or improvements over what you did," the actor continued. "I'm about a third of the way through my contribution of the film."

Yeah, especially knowing his first draft was so bonkers it made RDJ ask him to leave the project.

I didn't know that. :funny: Didn't PTA say he wanted to make a movie for his kids too?

Yeah, especially knowing his first draft was so bonkers it made RDJ ask him to leave the project.
I would have liked to to see PTA go bonkers with Pinocchio.
Fairy tale films should NOT be generic

A PTA family film! Now that would be a sight to behold. Maybe in the same vein as Roman Polanski’s Pirates!

A PTA family film! Now that would be a sight to behold. Maybe in the same vein as Roman Polanski’s Pirates!
Or Martin Scorsese's Hugo Cabret?

Edit: Just remembered that Polanski did Oliver Twist. It was never a children's book, but some of the adaptions have been family friendly.

This is shaping up to be an awesome adaption of Pinocchio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"