The Harley Quinn News and Discussion Thread

First episode is gonna be decisive and unlike that Deadpool cartoon, it actually came out. I loved it.

This was an absolute RIOT guys. This knocked my socks off, i wasn't expecting this. Its lewd, crude, ultra violent, but very funny and witty. It takes the Batman mythos and completely roasts it and its such a breathe of fresh air. My only complaint is that its a little TOO crazy violent at times for my particular tastes, I wish that were toned down a few notches. But man, DC is CRAZY for doing this and I'm so happy they did.

I'm predicting this is gonna be the show that social media buzzes about and gets people to finally notice the DC universe app. This is DC's Family Guy.

I loved it, it had a Ren & Stimpy meets South Park with a blend of comic books feel to it.

One complaint too many f bombs, I’m not against bad language but when it’s F bombs are too frequent in anything it becomes old fast.

I loved it, it had a Ren & Stimpy meets South Park with a blend of comic books feel to it.

One complaint too many f bombs, I’m not against bad language but when it’s F bombs are too frequent in anything it becomes old fast.

I agree actually. The F bombs would have more impact if they were used sparingly. I also would tone down the gore just a tad bit and it’d be perfect for me.

I thought it was ok but cussing just for the sake of cussing isn't really THAT funny.

Did like that they spent time with Harley getting over Joker and becoming her own woman.

Well, it's certainly irreverent. :funny:

I like the writing and tone, but the profanity seems gratuitous. That could add to it if it were more comedic (like purposefully mocking itself), but much of it came across more like teenagers who just started cursing to the point where it makes conversations awkward or forced. I feel like the writers might find a better balance as the season goes on.

Aside from some violence that I could’ve done without, this was a blast. It’s zany and raunchy in all the right places, and a nice palate cleanser for the DC Universe shows after Titans failed to deliver in its season finale.

This show shows quite a lot of promise and I’m eager to see what comes next.

As a first episode I thought it was just okay but there's a lot of promise in this show. I like that the show wants to make Harley be more independant and I like that she got over the Joker by the end of the episode. But I found the violence and profanity to be gratuitous at times.

I love how high strung Commissioner Gordon is but it does make sense that after dealing with the various Batman villains over the years, you'd probably end up being on the verge of snapping.

I enjoyed the first episode. I’m happy it looks nothing like that very first piece of artwork that was released when they announced the development of the series. I also really like the Batman design.

I was looking forward to this but yeah the swearing was excessive and pointless. Enough so that I'm done with it.

It's definitely got a Boondocks feel to it, if that makes sense.

I love how high strung Commissioner Gordon is but it does make sense that after dealing with the various Batman villains over the years, you'd probably end up being on the verge of snapping.

He reminds me of that coffee addicted kid on South Park lol

Maybe it’s been pointed out before, Bane’s voice in this series reminds me of Tom Hardy’s Bane from TDKR.

That's intentional.

Bane cracked me the **** up ( which is a strange sentence to write.) I hope we get to see more of him.

The second episode struck a bit more organic with the profanity, but continued with the great tone and general send-up.

I hope they don't spend too much time on the tying to show up Joker dynamic and get more into interaction with the rest of the villain community. I need Killer Moth and Condiment King to show up.

This show is pure genius. And how great was that Tom King-inspired Kite Man cameo?

So far Bane is my favorite character on the show. Hope we will see him on more episodes.

Episode three continues this brilliant satire of Batman's world. ****ing Maxi Zeus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"