Harvey Dent/Two-Face Thread

Gordon has always been significantly older than Bruce.

Yeah, that's right actually now that I think of it. I guess I was equating a younger Gordon (i.e. Zero Year) to same age as Bruce, but even then you see Officer Gordon at the scene of the Wayne murder.

Still, I don't think Harvey needs to be age-matched to Bruce, especially since I don't want to see Harvey's downfall again. Have him already executing mob leaders & serving out his own brand of justice as Two-Face. I think he can be in his 40s compared to Bruce's 30s. Opens up casting opportunities a bit.

Harvey should probably be younger than Gordon IMO, but I don't mind if he's at least somewhat older than Bruce. They don't need to be exact contemporaries. It could even feed into a slightly older, more established Harvey looking down on Bruce as this callow rich kid.

Maybe we've been thinking of Stanfield in the wrong role...

musicianactor-keith-stanfield-attends-the-selma-new-york-premiere-at-picture-id460483280

I could potentially see him as Two-Face more than Joker.

He’d probably decline bc he’s so obsessed with Mistah J.

Yeah, that's right actually now that I think of it. I guess I was equating a younger Gordon (i.e. Zero Year) to same age as Bruce, but even then you see Officer Gordon at the scene of the Wayne murder.

Still, I don't think Harvey needs to be age-matched to Bruce, especially since I don't want to see Harvey's downfall again. Have him already executing mob leaders & serving out his own brand of justice as Two-Face. I think he can be in his 40s compared to Bruce's 30s. Opens up casting opportunities a bit.
I would rather he was leading the double life already this time. TDK made hero Dent a big feature which was great to see, but I’d like it to be different here.

Honestly, my first reaction to Two-Face in TDK was “this looks over the top”. I mean it’s brutal, and I dug it the more I watched it but I remember feeling it was obvious CGI. Which felt awkward coming from Nolan. It looked so much better at the end because it was a night shoot and they lit that scene really well.

I’m WAY more excited for Dent now. There’s no way they don’t use makeup.

That'd be an interesting thought. He'd have a great look/demeanor for Harvey Dent. The photogenic but also earnest strait-laced crusader for justice. Not 100% sold on the idea of him pulling off Two-Face equally well, but he's shown he can play a more villainous character, so.....maybe?

It'd also just be neat inversion casting from his previous biggest association, with Captain America.

Aaron Eckhart could've easily played Cap, So I don't see why not.

Eckhart can play Cap so Evans can play Dent? What? Lol I can’t..

So I guess Dano can play Riddler so that means Jim Carrey can play Eli in There Will Be Blood? Lmao ahh internet.

If Evans wasn’t Cap he’d be a top choice for sure

Evans is a way better actor than Eckhart

He's not a bad actor, though.

Anyways, I've had my fill of Marvel actors from the movies, I don't really need to see them popping up in this series.

Eckhart and Evans are about the same. Evans just makes better choices lately.

Kinda weird how Eckhart got like zero career boost from DK. Wonder why.

Wow, just looked up his IMDb, I didn't realize his post Dark Knight credits were so paltry. I wonder if he broke out too late in life? He was 40 when he was Harvey Dent, and it could be that he aged himself out of a lot of leading men roles.

I feel like Eckhart was on the verge of Breaking Out (tm) since Erin Brockovich. Even compared to the names Nolan went for (Damon, Mark Ruffalo), Eckhart seems in a whole different ball park of actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"