Harvey Dent/Two-Face Thread

Watched the trailer for Judas and the Black Messiah.

Give me Kaluuya here.

Last edited:
After seeing his performance in season 3 of Ozark, I have to say that Tom Pelphrey is definitely my number one choice for Dent. Holy crap, that was a tour de force if I've ever seen one. He stole the whole season. He would kill it playing both sides of Two-Face.
tom-pelphrey-iron-fist.jpg

EUuBNa3X0AADlbe.jpg

Give me Kaluuya here.
Gotta be honest, there’s nothing about Kaluuya that reminds me of Dent. If we’re looking at black actors for the part, Denzel’s son has that vibe down 100 times more. I like Kaluuya but I find he’s too aggressive to be believable as Harvey Dent. Even Lakeith Stanfield would be a better choice (although he’d rather play the Joker).

Gotta be honest, there’s nothing about Kaluuya that reminds me of Dent. If we’re looking at black actors for the part, Denzel’s son has that vibe down 100 times more. I like Kaluuya but I find he’s too aggressive to be believable as Harvey Dent. Even Lakeith Stanfield would be a better choice (although he’d rather play the Joker).
Kaluuya's incredibly reserved in Get Out, before **** hits the fan anyway. He plays that character perfectly (a guy trying to make the best of an awkward situation). And the aggressiveness fits Two-Face, for obvious reasons.

Which is my one reservation about Washington. Can easily see him as Dent, but I've not seen the intensity needed for Two-Face.

You have a point about David going crazy or not. But I just don’t think he’s been given that chance. After all, he is Denzel’s son. I’m sure he can go all out rage head. It’s in his blood, he just needs to access it.

Kaluuya might be able to pull it off. But he doesn’t have the look for Dent imo. He doesn’t look comfortable in a suit like Washington or Stanfield or Isaac or my number one choice: Christopher Abbott. His quiet moments also feel way too vulnerable almost like it’s one extreme to the other. He’s a solid actor but I personally find him overrated.

I’m still going with Ryan Gosling for Two-Face. He can play political, psychotic, shift between personalities, he’s physical and he has a very asymmetrical face that would work well with the facial scars.

Give me Kaluuya here.

See I was thinking Kaluuya could give us a cool new iteration of Scarecrow. Either him or Domhnall Gleeson (he's a bit closer in type to Cillian Murphy or traditional Scarecrow interpretations).

As for Harvey Dent, I'm stuck on Matthew Rhys in the role. And that's having never seen Perry Mason nor The Americans to be honest. But I've heard/seen enough critical acclaim from his performances, and visual cues to see that he could give audiences a good Harvey Dent.

In this Reeves universe, I'd prefer if Harvey was already scarred & on the run in Gotham City. Not seen or heard from in months/years even. Presumed dead until he makes his presence known with killings related to his original cases. A Dark Victory adaptation may be too similar in framing if The Batman is indeed centered around connected murders, but it could be a good jumping off point. Make allusions to Harvey, Gordon & Batman's partnerships in Year 1, and the resulting chaos. Maybe that's why the FBI/police are so leery of Batman from those shots we see in the trailer. Yes, things were 'cleaned up' but at what cost?

They can do it as long as they let him throw hands at Bruce...

tumblr_nx8b23EsIM1rrkahjo6_400.gifv

Does his age really matter, then, if one would rather see fully formed Two Face over younger Harvey's downfall again??
you can still do young harvey and him being two face without need to show how he became two face. Just do reports "harvey dent has being in accident", "harvey dent dissapering from court" and just start with him being two face. there no need to go through origin. And even if you want expand bit more character do it through batman's eyes and detective work how and why with showing flashbacks.

Bumping this thread like crazy here, but how come no one's suggested the guy on the left here? Kyle Chandler? He seems very suitable for the role to me. I've been watching Bloodline recently and so far he's pretty damn good

I suggested him for Gordon last year or so. But yeah, a bit too old for this version of Batman.

Nobody disagrees but nobody ever goes out of their way to like it or act hyped about it either. Usually falls on deaf ears. Which is crazy to me because he’s sooo perfect.

I also suggested him for Batman but agreed with ppl who said he was too short.

He may be a tad too young for a District Attorney, but the right costuming & prosthetics covering half his face could convincingly age-up Abbott.

In my fan cast, I actually cast him as a younger Slam Bradley. A private eye for Catwoman to team up with in her own series on HBOMax as she takes on the underworld in Gotham's East End.

He may be a tad too young for a District Attorney, but the right costuming & prosthetics covering half his face could convincingly age-up Abbott.

In my fan cast, I actually cast him as a younger Slam Bradley. A private eye for Catwoman to team up with in her own series on HBOMax as she takes on the underworld in Gotham's East End.
Eckhart was 39 when he filmed TDK, and he didn’t look his age. He looked no older than mid 30’s.

Abbott is the same age as Pattinson, 34.

Eckhart was 39 when he filmed TDK, and he didn’t look his age. He looked no older than mid 30’s.

Abbott is the same age as Pattinson, 34.

Yeah, fair enough about age. Abbott would be around Eckhart's age if Two-Face is in a sequel.

It doesn't matter though if Abbott is the same age as Pattinson--I don't think you need to match up Harvey & Bruce in that regards. They obviously didn't care to do so for Gordon/Bruce.

Yeah, fair enough about age. Abbott would be around Eckhart's age if Two-Face is in a sequel.

It doesn't matter though if Abbott is the same age as Pattinson--I don't think you need to match up Harvey & Bruce in that regards. They obviously didn't care to do so for Gordon/Bruce.

Gordon has always been significantly older than Bruce.

I’d rather see Harvey and Bruce closer in age. I like Gordon 20 years older than Bruce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"