Has Anyone Ever?...

Ghostvirus

Avenger
Reaction score
Walked away in the middle of a conversation, & not realise until later that the conversation had not yet finished?

I think I did that earlier today. I am pretty sure that I just started walking away before the conversation was over, & the person yelled from behind me, I'll talk to you later. I am just wondering, because I am feeling like a complete moron right now. I keep running this conversation through in my head. I can't believe I was that stupid. I am pretty sure I didn't even say goodbye. WTF! Brain fart on a socially unacceptable scale!:dry:

I've misunderstood what someone was saying and thought the conversation had ended ... so, yeah. :O

Meh, we all do stuff like that. It's not that bad.
3.gif

I've had people that will start talking to me at work and they won't look at me while they're talking because they're doing something. I will end up walking away while they're still talking. If you get someone who tells long stories, you can leave while they are talking and go get something to drink and eat.

Something to drink and eat ....
1.gif

Yeah, I do it all the time...

the Wifey loves it. :up:

In this particular case I was enjoying the conversation. Looking back I think that I thought that conversation was over, but I am pretty sure it wasn't. I don't know I just felt really stupid. Needed to vent. I am a perfectionist, so anything stupid I do is like a travesty to my psychy.

In this particular case I was enjoying the conversation. Looking back I think that I thought that conversation was over, but I am pretty sure it wasn't. I don't know I just felt really stupid. Needed to vent. I am a perfectionist, so anything stupid I do is like a travesty to my psychy.

I'd call them right now and finish the convo.

anything stupid I do is awesome!

Everybody walks away from unfinished conversations without realizing it once in the while. I'd go back and apologize though. :o

I walk out on uninteresting conversations all the time.

Hmm, I've moreso cut off conversations without realizing it by switching the topic.

I had an awkward one at work today though...one of my jobs at school is working as a writing consultant, and I had an ESL student this afternoon. He was Chinese and I'm taking Mandarin, so we started discussing the language. At the end he was like "I'd be happy to help you with your Mandarin sometime if you'd like," and I didn't know what to say. I don't know the guy or anything, so I was just like, "Thanks." And he said goodbye and kind of walked out awkwardly. I guess he was expecting me to give him my number or e-mail address :huh:

Isn't that what you're supposed to do as an English aide? :huh:

Fran™;13359471 said:
Isn't that what you're supposed to do as an English aide? :huh:

I'm not an English aid, there are special tutors for ESL students; however, we can't refuse anyone help. We just help with student's writing skills. This conversation occurred after our session.

I'm not an English aid, there are special tutors for ESL students; however, we can't refuse anyone help. We just help with student's writing skills. This conversation occurred after our session.

You.. damnit.

For some reason poor Fran keeps making horribly wrong assumptions today :csad: And I keep getting this deep sense of chuckling satisfaction shutting down his statements :csad: :o

Fran™;13359196 said:
Only a Bulls fan.

That is a blanketed statement that I cannot stand for Far..I mean Fran.:o

Was this person a girl? Was she hot?

Yes, & Yes.

I'd call them right now and finish the convo.
Everybody walks away from unfinished conversations without realizing it once in the while. I'd go back and apologize though. :o

I don't know this person that well, & I don't have their number, except their work number, & I think it would just be weird to call them at work just for this particular reason.

I would stop by tomorrow, & apologise. Thing is I am not even sure the conversation wasn't finished. I am having trouble believing I would be that stupid.:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"