Has Fox hit a dead end with their Marvel Properties?

Mjölnir;33810547 said:
And how often have great actors died between making a real standout role and the following Academy Awards? How many times it's happened is pretty irrelevant if the situation hasn't occurred many times.

What's with the aggro? You said it's rare, and I just said exactly how rare. No need to jump down my throat about it. jesus.

You don't think Ballack(sp) is iconic?

Belloq.

What's with the aggro? You said it's rare, and I just said exactly how rare. No need to jump down my throat about it. jesus.

I don't see how you could interpret that as aggressive. I simply asked a counter-question since you seemed to miss the point I was trying to make. You're using more emotionally charged language than I did.

The leaks from Sony revealed that it was not part of the X-Men package. Drew Goddard wanted to feature Not the Savage Land dinosaur island in the Sinister Six movie- just like Not a Helicarrier in Deadpool - but Amy Pascal was concerned about Ike Perlmutter's reaction.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04...e-the-savage-land-in-sinister-six-sony-leaks/

Yeah that's what I thought. Also there's this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ka-Zar_(comics)#Film

Where it says Marvel considered Ka-Zar as one of the properties they wanted to develop (interestingly Dazzler is mentioned too).

Feige goes on to clarify they were looking at developing all those properties except Dazzler, who is with Fox.

In April 2010, rumors circulated that Marvel was looking to create $20–40 million movies based on properties such as Doctor Strange, Ka-Zar, Luke Cage, Dazzler, and Power Pack.[54] Kevin Feige responded by saying, while budgets are generally never discussed early in development, Marvel was considering films for all characters mentioned in the rumor, except Dazzler, whose rights were at Fox.[55]

But no official release dates. It's been 2 years for Gambit. Deadpool 2 is a no brainer.

As someone who has been defending the X-Men films as long as they could course correct... that is very disappointing to hear. I thought at least Kinberg and Fox could see that they need fresh blood both behind the camera and script writing.

I suddenly have lost the will to continue making these arguments if Fox is satisfied with a mediocre writer being in charge of scripting their universe.

Last edited:
I wouldn't take anything Kinberg says too seriously. Fox is probably just giving him tings to do to keep him busy until his contract runs out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"