Hasbro's Power Rangers Movie Franchise.

Not sure if they can translate that onscreen, but it's infinitely better than the designs they went with.

They can change it up and do this instead. :sly:

I know I went pretty hardcore on the old PR thread posting images of concepts and ideas for what I think would make for cool PR costumes and if anyone that was frequenting the thread a lot at the time might remember some of my ideas (bio organic Guyver like suits). Well I just stumbled across these and they are so damn close to what I was picturing that I thought I would share them.
pink_power_ranger_by_arsenasyrankulov_dbb6et8-pre.jpg

yellow_power_ranger_by_arsenasyrankulov_dbb6eij-pre.jpg

red_power_ranger_by_arsenasyrankulov_dbb6dx8-pre.jpg

Way too alien like, however, pretty ingenious idea. If the costumes were a throw back, homage to the original species that inspired the PR, as an example, then that would look like a great original concept.

Interesting that they would try again so soon, seeing as how PR17 kinda tanked.

Well it might not be that soon. They don't even have a script or director yet. They don't have a release date. The reboot could be years away.

Of course, making a sequel to that mediocre Lionsgate movie makes no sense. The Hasbro people will want to start fresh with a better cast and put their own stamp on it.

They will. I do wonder if the shared universe idea with other Hasbro IP's like Transformers and GI Joe will pan out.

I'll be happy either way. Power Rangers doesn't need the Transformers like the X-Men need the MCU. Power Rangers can sustain its own cinematic universe.

Say what you will but I thought the actors for the rangers they got were pretty good.

They're basically Andrew Garfield and now Ben Affleck. Good actors shoved in bad scripts and studios.

I'm not. Paramount is in big need of franchises if it wants to stay alive in the film industry. Right now its in last place among the big studios. Hell sometimes Lionsgate surpasses them (ie 2017).

Power Rangers is a property with loads of potential, that can warrant spinoffs as well. I can see Paramount taking full advantage of the Hasbro line, especially Power Rangers.

I for one would like a soft reboot/sequel with this current cast. They were fantastic and the seeds of the Power Rangers universe was perfectly laid out all we need is a good team of writers, stunt coordinators, costume designer and director.

Most of us 90s kids are excited because the Tommy end credit scene so I think a lot of us will be mad for that set up to go nowhere. I like Paramount and I think they will do good by the franchise plus with the Boom comics doing good they don’t want to pass up the opportunity to sell toys and spin offs.

Hasbro already thinks that PR hasnt been used to its fullest potential so trying to do a PR film that they think will be more in line with what the audience would want is plenty of reason to try.

I for one would like a soft reboot/sequel with this current cast. They were fantastic and the seeds of the Power Rangers universe was perfectly laid out all we need is a good team of writers, stunt coordinators, costume designer and director.

Most of us 90s kids are excited because the Tommy end credit scene so I think a lot of us will be mad for that set up to go nowhere. I like Paramount and I think they will do good by the franchise plus with the Boom comics doing good they don’t want to pass up the opportunity to sell toys and spin offs.

I second this notion. No need to recast and retread the origin again, when there's already a solid foundation and cast to build off of. Plus adding Tommy would surely help get fans excited.

I second this notion. No need to recast and retread the origin again, when there's already a solid foundation and cast to build off of. Plus adding Tommy would surely help get fans excited.

The casting in that film worked because the teens actually resembled real teens but that was years ago now and Im betting the cast would look out of place playing teenagers again.

I think there are enough comic book movies coming out every year that PR doesnt need to do a reboot origin story and could just jump in at any point and people would get into it providing its a good film.

MMPR is well known enough that you could reboot it and not worry about making it an origin movie.

Imagine this. What if that the rumoured Hasbro shared universe does happen in a sequel to Bumblebee/new Transformers movie and in a post credits scene, we essentially see the first minutes of Day of the Dumpster again with the potential new cast?

Like we see them teleported to the command centre and Zordon gives them the Coins and then fades to black with the title card "POWER RANGERS: COMING SOON 2023" then a snippet of the theme plays.

I think the best idea is to do as soft reboot kinda like what they did with Norton's Incredible Hulk.

I think the movie should start off from Tommy's PoV watching the battle between the Megazord (redesigned to a more classic look) and Goldar (in hopefully a more classic look). He watches them knock Rita into Space and he comes across the green power coin in the rubble. Que opening credits montage the exploits of the power rangers kinda like the TV show intro. Cut to space which has Rita crash into the moon or get picked up by Lord Zedd or maybe even her Father Master Vile. who sends her back to reclaim the Zeo Crystal with Scorpina.

What if Hasbro took this controversial path instead?

What if, in the vein of Bumblebee of the Transformers franchise and Snake-Eyes of the GI Joe franchise(which there are reports of), they do this- A Tommy Oliver Solo Origins movie before he encounters the Rangers.

In this movie, he meets Rita, he gets the Green Power Coin but the entire movie has him in a sort of "Reverse superhero movie". Like it's a movie where this kid is being persuaded into thinking he's going to be a superhero called "Drakkon" but is really being groomed into a villain going through the beats of a Hero's Journey. As for the antagonist, it could feature some rival of Rita (could be the Machine Empire, Divatox etc) also wanting the Earth who Tommy has to fight and uses the Dragon Zord to beat them to "Save the Earth". Then in the sequel, it's the Green with Evil adaptation we've wanted since 2017 featuring a new rebooted and established core 5 team who Tommy ends up joining etc.

I for one, think that it's a ludicrous idea and I kinda disagree with it because some fans (to a degree, myself included) hate the "Tommy-worshipping" that is prevalent in the franchise but I could see Hasbro doing it should Bumblebee 2 as well as potentially Snake-Eyes ends up working because to Hasbro, small solo movies focusing on one character seem to work better for them.

On the upside, it's a interesting and unique pathway to set up a "Shattered Grid" movie.
Thoughts?

I know I went pretty hardcore on the old PR thread posting images of concepts and ideas for what I think would make for cool PR costumes and if anyone that was frequenting the thread a lot at the time might remember some of my ideas (bio organic Guyver like suits). Well I just stumbled across these and they are so damn close to what I was picturing that I thought I would share them.
pink_power_ranger_by_arsenasyrankulov_dbb6et8-pre.jpg

yellow_power_ranger_by_arsenasyrankulov_dbb6eij-pre.jpg

red_power_ranger_by_arsenasyrankulov_dbb6dx8-pre.jpg
Creepy.

As much as I know they wont I hope they keep the 1st movies cast as they were really the only thing that really worked for it and they all had a good chemistry together. Its funny how the worst part of the Power Rangers movie is the part where they Power Ranger.

What if Hasbro took this controversial path instead?

What if, in the vein of Bumblebee of the Transformers franchise and Snake-Eyes of the GI Joe franchise(which there are reports of), they do this- A Tommy Oliver Solo Origins movie before he encounters the Rangers.

In this movie, he meets Rita, he gets the Green Power Coin but the entire movie has him in a sort of "Reverse superhero movie". Like it's a movie where this kid is being persuaded into thinking he's going to be a superhero called "Drakkon" but is really being groomed into a villain going through the beats of a Hero's Journey. As for the antagonist, it could feature some rival of Rita (could be the Machine Empire, Divatox etc) also wanting the Earth who Tommy has to fight and uses the Dragon Zord to beat them to "Save the Earth". Then in the sequel, it's the Green with Evil adaptation we've wanted since 2017 featuring a new rebooted and established core 5 team who Tommy ends up joining etc.

I for one, think that it's a ludicrous idea and I kinda disagree with it because some fans (to a degree, myself included) hate the "Tommy-worshipping" that is prevalent in the franchise but I could see Hasbro doing it should Bumblebee 2 as well as potentially Snake-Eyes ends up working because to Hasbro, small solo movies focusing on one character seem to work better for them.

On the upside, it's a interesting and unique pathway to set up a "Shattered Grid" movie.
Thoughts?
Embrace the spirit of Power Rangers/Super Sentai and do a whole new cast and theme with this new take. Something something Captain Planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"