The Dark Knight Rises Hate to sound like a nitpicker, but...

DX

YES! YES! YES!
Reaction score
Why didn't Bane put Lucius on trial after he was caught giving information about the bomb to Captain Jones?

(Not trying to start a TDKR bashing thread because I actually really like the film, lol)

I was never quite sure why Catwoman could come and go as she pleased,either.She wasn't a member of the LoS,but they acted like she worked for Bane?:huh:

Why didn't Bane put Lucius on trial after he was caught giving information about the bomb to Captain Jones?

(Not trying to start a TDKR bashing thread because I actually really like the film, lol)

It's never made clear why not.

However, given that putting or not putting Lucius on trial wasn't something that Bane could foresee as having any effect on his plan, it's not really relevant or a concern to viewers and critics.

He could just as easily have been too busy with other things to care - indeed, it's shown that Bane only takes a passing interest in the trials...watching from the sidelines, unaware that Bruce Wayne has been captured by the death squads, etc.

I was never quite sure why Catwoman could come and go as she pleased,either.She wasn't a member of the LoS,but they acted like she worked for Bane?:huh:

She did work for Bane. She's the one that lured Batman into Bane's trap at the bottom of the sewers.

She wasn't a member of the LoS or a "true believer," but she was connected and regarded enough by the organization at that point that she had some operational leeway.

Remember, Selina Kyle was a con woman and a grifter. She knew how to get inside people's good graces.

When Bane said they needed to see the next era of western civilization, I viewed it as Bane wanted to keep the Wayne Enterprises board members alive until the bomb detonates, which could explain why Bane even keeps Miranda around without the idea that she's really Talia al Ghul.

There were no LoS members in that area where she saved Bruce and Lucius as those guys were only the Blackgate inmates(since you don't see the typical armor/vests that the LoS wore in the film).

I thought Lucius was going to be put on trial eventually. Isn't this the holding area for the rich people waiting to go on trial where we see Stryver being dragged off and Lucius is watching:

1erh9l.jpg

It seems like it was just a mob of rich people who the inmates would pick a half dozen or so from everyday for Crane to "judge." There was no order or organization. The only reason Gordon got a trip to the front of the line is because he was (at the time) the only figure perceived as a serious threat to the plan. Dispensing of Gordon and the head of any sort of resistance could mean there would be no problems with the bomb going off.

It seems like it was just a mob of rich people who the inmates would pick a half dozen or so from everyday for Crane to "judge." There was no order or organization. The only reason Gordon got a trip to the front of the line is because he was (at the time) the only figure perceived as a serious threat to the plan. Dispensing of Gordon and the head of any sort of resistance could mean there would be no problems with the bomb going off.
Ah, well that makes sense. Just a little tiny thing that was bugging me, lol.

looking at that picture.. thats the same location as the ball room scene isnt it ?

while not clear if this should or shouldnt look like the same location, it always amazes me how they can change that stuff..
best thing is this one location which they used in every installment for another location:
BB) bruce and the asian crew get caught after stealing wayne enterprises stuff.
TDK) dent gets in the swat car and the police applaudes
TDKR) police raid on the bar with selina and stryver

When Bane said they needed to see the next era of western civilization, I viewed it as Bane wanted to keep the Wayne Enterprises board members alive until the bomb detonates, which could explain why Bane even keeps Miranda around without the idea that she's really Talia al Ghul.

Bane and Talia were working together. He knew Miranda was Talia. Bane said if anyone tried to leave the city or if anyone tries to enter the city, a triggerman will detonate the bomb. Talia was that triggerman. When she stabbed Batman she even had the detonator in her hand and tried to blow the bomb but Gordon was able to get a signal blocker onto the bomb, forcing Talia to just run out the clock instead.

^ You're not getting what I meant, lol.

To make it seem outside of the LoS, bringing Miranda back from her execution with Gordon and his men could be played out that all of Wayne Enterprises board members are being kept alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"