Have you/do you smoke marijuana?

I have never met an outstanding, bright, outgoing individual that regularly smokes weed or does any other kind of drug...so I ask what's the point?

I have never met an outstanding, bright, outgoing individual that regularly smokes weed or does any other kind of drug...so I ask what's the point?

That you should met more people and increase the circle of groups you travel in? I'm pretty sure your avatar was a pot head, BTW.

Mmm, I have, so the point is, you can't generalize, though it would be really easy to do so.

That's funny, I live with one.

I first tried weed about a month ago, thinking that I'd hate it (apparently, for many people the first time sucks...you don't get high, and it can hurt or irritate your throat). I did it to get my g/f to stop asking me to do it, ironically enough. I coughed so much I nearly threw up, and my throat was really raw. About 10 minutes later....whoooooooooooa.

I really enjoyed it. I've been really stressed out lately, and I could feel the tension leave my body. It carried into the next day (the relaxation, I mean, not the high).

I selected the, "regularly," option, but the truth is that it's on occasion. I'm looking to get a job again, so I need to lay off. The other problem is that it's relatively expensive, and it's an expense I don't really need to deal with right now. However, it's not much worse than alcohol. Not at all, really (cost-wise).

On a similar note, I recently turned 21 and tried alcohol, got drunk a couple of times, and I really didn't like it. I got one hangover, but it wasn't just that. Hell, I don't even like the taste of alcohol. So alcohol is definitely something I'll stay away from.

On a similar note, I recently turned 21 and tried alcohol

LOL! So pure! So innocent! :oldrazz:

Alcohol is a completely different feeling, and I have had more negative experiences with it. As for the taste, nobody like's the taste. It's awful!

LOL! So pure! So innocent! :oldrazz:

Alcohol is a completely different feeling, and I have had more negative experiences with it. As for the taste, nobody like's the taste. It's awful!
Well, I've tasted it before, but I've never had it in such large quantities. :oldrazz:

Seriously though, if I don't really like being drunk, and I don't like the taste, what's the point? Lol. I do enjoy some wines, though. I just don't really like the harder stuff. Oh, and Corona tastes like cat piss.

I do wanna try Guinness. I've heard such good things, but also that it's an acquired taste...

how can you be so sure though? :confused:

Well, I've tasted it before, but I've never had it in such large quantities. :oldrazz:

Seriously though, if I don't really like being drunk, and I don't like the taste, what's the point? Lol. I do enjoy some wines, though. I just don't really like the harder stuff. Oh, and Corona tastes like cat piss.

I do wanna try Guinness. I've heard such good things, but also that it's an acquired taste...

Alcohol in general is an acquired taste, to be sure. A big pint of Guinness is wonderful, particularly if it's draught poured. A well made Lemon-Drop Martini is heaven. A glass of the right Pinot Noir is divine. Corona is so bad even Mexicans, who make the damn stuff, won't drink it; they leave it for the tourists and drink the Pacifico and Chihuahua. As with most things, moderation is the key.

jag

how can you be so sure though? :confused:
He can't. It's not like there's any one, "type," of person that obviously smokes weed. Even if he could know, he's basing his argument on his own limited experiences. I guess being presumptuous is easier than stepping out of one's own little, "box."

Alcohol in general is an acquired taste, to be sure. A big pint of Guinness is wonderful, particularly if it's draught poured. A well made Lemon-Drop Martini is heaven. A glass of the right Pinot Noir is divine. Corona is so bad even Mexicans, who make the damn stuff, won't drink it; they leave it for the tourists and drink the Pacifico and Chihuahua. As with most things, moderation is the key.

jag

Aw thanks for the convenient one-stop trigger fest.

jag
Well sure. :up:

I'm just gonna stay away from the hard stuff, especially. I hate vodka (though to be fair, I've never had the high-quality stuff...Grey Goose, Crater Lake, etc.), only moderately dislike tequila (best I've had is Cuervo Gold, wasn't too impressed...my parents like Hornitas, and everybody raves about Petrone), and don't mind Jack Daniel's Sour Mash, but I'd rather stay away, lol.

I'd love to try a good martini, and my parents say I should try a White Russian (my dad's a Big Lebowski fan...heh).

One of the negative sides to weed, I feel, is that some people can't get enough of it. A couple of my friends, for instance. They put that before most things. One of the guys I'm referring to smokes it every day. I was round his house about a week ago -- he was complaining because one of his kids needed new trainers and he couldn't afford to buy them.

He pulled out an ounce of weed and offered me a smoke :whatever:

I was gonna post on the Hype!
But then I got high ooo ooo ooo
I was gonna terrorize you all on skype
But then I got high Laa da da
Now I’m laughin’ more than I like an’ I know why hey heeey
Because I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high
:D

Aw thanks for the convenient one-stop trigger fest.

Sorry. :(

Well sure. :up:

I'm just gonna stay away from the hard stuff, especially. I hate vodka (though to be fair, I've never had the high-quality stuff...Grey Goose, Crater Lake, etc.), only moderately dislike tequila (best I've had is Cuervo Gold, wasn't too impressed...my parents like Hornitas, and everybody raves about Petrone), and don't mind Jack Daniel's Sour Mash, but I'd rather stay away, lol.

I'd love to try a good martini, and my parents say I should try a White Russian (my dad's a Big Lebowski fan...heh).

Grey Goose is my vodka of choice. Makes excellent Lemon-Drops. I also like it with a little Seven and lime. Nice. :up: I can't drink tequila anymore. Ever. Not even in margaritas. Most people have like, ONE really bad experience with tequila that made them want to die. I've had FIVE. Just the smell of it makes me naseous.

Meh. I don't even drink all that much, anymore. Doesn't coincide with my fitness goals. It also sometimes makes me want to smoke and I gave that up three years ago and don't need the temptation.

One of the negative sides to weed, I feel, is that some people can't get enough of it. A couple of my friends, for instance. They put that before most things. One of the guys I'm referring to smokes it every day. I was round his house about a week ago -- he was complaining because one of his kids needed new trainers and he couldn't afford to buy them.

He pulled out an ounce of weed and offered me a smoke :whatever:

I have a couple of friends that I have watched get slowly dumber over the last five years because EVERYTHING they do revolves around them being able to get stoned. :down

jag

That you should met more people and increase the circle of groups you travel in? I'm pretty sure your avatar was a pot head, BTW.
I will go looking for a pot head to increase my team of friends so that I can have an insight into every demographic:whatever: You tend to hang out with people that best represent your lifestyle. I don't smoke, so I don't hang out with them...plain and simple. It's obviously not a drug that makes you smarter, so why do it?

It's bad when it's at that stage.

Hahaha,

A well made Lemon-Drop Martini is heaven. A glass of the right Pinot Noir is divine.
uts.gif

Meh. I don't even drink all that much, anymore. Doesn't coincide with my fitness goals. It also sometimes makes me want to smoke and I gave that up three years ago and don't need the temptation.
Definitely for the best. Learning about the effects on the body is really frightening. It didn't stop me, but you know...meh. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"