Have you ever seen a movie sequel without watching its predecessor(s) first?

Drizzle

Harkissin'
Reaction score
A couple of times in my life, I've seen sequels without seeing the film that came before it.

I've seen "Army of Darkness", but I have never seen "Evil Dead" or "Evil Dead 2". I plan to change that soon.

I saw "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo" (no choice on this one, had to go because it was my friend's birthday and this was the movie he chose) and I have never seen the first one.

I've seen "Bad Boys II" (or at least most of it) and I still have never seen the first one.

I've seen "Freddy vs. Jason" and have never seen any of the Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street films besides parts of the first film in both franchises.

And I've seen "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" without seeing either the first movie or the original series. In fact, that's the only Star Trek feature that I've seen.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The Crow: City Of Angels
Predator 2
Army Of Darkness
Beverly Hills Cop III
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Friday The 13th movies in scattered order

Wes Craven's New Nightmare before the Nightmare on Elm Street movies
Predator 2
Beverly Hills Cop 3
Child's Play 2
and
Aliens before Alien

I'm sure there's more

If you saw Exorcist 2 then the Exorcist you would pleased instead of the usual disappointment with sequels

I've seen Army of Darkness, but none of the other Evil Dead movies.

I've seen Freddy vs Jason but of the previous Jason movies, I've only seen two or three. Same for Freddy movies.

Clerks II, never seen the first and I doubt I ever will.

Oh and I've seen several James Bond films before I finally saw Dr. No

- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Die Hard With a Vengeance
- Rocky II
- Next Friday
- The Bourne Supremacy
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars II: The Wrath of Khan
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park

That's all that comes to mind.

I saw Freddy vs. Jason, but only saw about four of the Nightmare films and about three of the Friday films.

James Bond, I saw Goldfinger before any other one

But aside from that, not really.

To all the people who have seen Army of Darkness before Evil Dead and Evil Dead II, don't expect the same movie. The Evil Dead II is funny as bad place, but not quite as light hearted as Army of Darkness, and Evil Dead...one of the best horror films ever made, but you aren't going to crack up while watching it even once. At least, it isn't intended.

Saw Saw 2, hated it, and have no intentions of seeing the other ones.

Saw Army of Darkness and have yet to see the previous Evil Dead movies, yet I own them.

Think I saw the second LOTR movie without seeing the first. Dragged there by a friend.

Army Of Darkness

and Bourne Supremacy.

Other than the Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, and Godzilla sequels, the other ones I can think of offhand are:

Rocky IV
Aliens
Return of the Jedi
and
Dawn of the Dead (Romero)

Before Sunset...and didnt even know there was a first part like for a year

Rambo 2

Shrek 2

I saw Bourne Supremacy before I saw Identity

Clerks II

Terminator II

Freddy Vs. Jason. Never seen any Jason film.

terminator2
aliens
army of darkness

mostly old movies... because now i make sure to watch all previous movies before getting into sequels..

i saw Saw right before seeing Saw2

Silence of the Lambs before I saw Manhunter.

Lethal Weapon 3
Jaws The Revenge
Army Of Darkness
Star Trek II
Weekend At Bernies II
Die Hard 2
Another Stakeout
Beverly Hills Cop III
Bloodsport II
Desperado
View To A Kill
Freddy Vs. Jason (Hadn't seen a Friday film)

I definitley saw Terminator 2 before I saw the Terminator.

And actually, now that I think about it, I saw the Two Towers and Return of the King before I saw Fellowship.

Seen the third Saw, but not watched the rest. Oh, and I'm certainly not gonna out of my way to view the others.

Beverly Hills Cop III
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Weekend At Bernies II
Terminator 2
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Silence of the Lambs
The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear

I'm sure there are a few more..

-TNC

i saw Oceans 12 first.

in fact i havent even seen Oceans 11 :o

The major ones I can think of are Aliens before Alien and Terminator 2 before Terminator. It was kind of lackluster seeing Alien and T1 after their sequels. Don't get me wrong, they're still great movies, but the sequels were just so kick ash and really went above and beyond what was done in the originals. It's like going from an Xbox back to an SNES.

I saw Evil dead 2 first
Terminator 2
Aliens

This was only due to they used to only show these ones back in the day on tv haha

I had the entire Alien box set and watched them all backwards from Ressurection to Alien. Really good fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"