The Most Screwed-Up Movie You've Seen Is...

Anyone seen the British movie Scum? It's got a very young Ray Winstone in it and is set in a boys borstel in 1979 (when the movie was made). It contains no music and dosen't hold back on anything to show how bad things were. The movie was banned but the goverment was forced to change the state of borstels as a result. Definatly worth checking out. Might come across as "screwed up" to an American audience due to the structure of how things were in the 1970's in Britain.

I really want to see that.

I still stand by Le Chien Andalou. Yikes.

Dr. Watson, I freaking love your sig! :woot:

Probably Funny Games. Especially the scene with the dead son and it's just one shot lasting for at least 8 minutes just on the parent's reactions. Disturbing.

It has evrything from wrist cutting to male gang rape. It dosen't hold back or cut away either.

That's not really why I wanna see it... :p But because it has Ray Winstone and I'm pretty much a sucker for British gangster/crime-ish movies from the 70's.

Adventures of Mark Twain....and I remember watching it as a kid too. I know to adult eyes this might not seem creepy (Of course I at 36 still think it free falls right down into the disturbing, Uncanny Valley of weirdness.), but watch this clip anyways.

No wonder I'm such a mess.

Hands down....Irreversible

It's a movie that I 'get' at an artistic level but it's not a movie that I want to see again.

Anyone seen “The American Astronaut?”

It’s this indie film I saw at a film festival in Baltimore years ago. It’s one of the most randomly ridiculous movies I’ve ever seen…for that reason, I love it.

Basically, it’s a black and white musical comedy sci-fi western. This astronaut guy shows up at an asteroid bar and trades a cat for the fetus of a woman. Then he runs into an old friend and they win a dance competition. Afterward, the astronaut goes to a planet and trades the fetus for The Boy Who Has Seen a Woman’s Breast. He intends to give the kid to the women on Planet Venus because they need a guy to pleasure them. Meanwhile, he’s being stalked by a psycho who only kills people that he has no reason to kill.

The film is a little slow but it’s really worth a watch. There are multiple musical numbers, some of which are flat-out hilarious. I would tell you more, but I don’t want to spoil it for you. You can buy the movie at the website for The Billy Nayer Show.

[A];15804924 said:
I liked The Blair Witch Project :woot:

I liked it. ^

I'm gonna go with A Clockwork Orange.

I gotta check out some of these movies you guys are talking about.

A few more…

May, starring Angela Bettis. One of the freakiest horror films I’ve ever seen. The only thing that bogs it down is an awful performance by Anna Faris, who apparently thought she was still on the set of one of her Scary Movie sequels (though there is some hot girl-girl action with her and Bettis).

Funny Games – been mention already, and for good reason. Michael Pitt plays one hell of a psychopath. I’ve only seen the American remake though… anyone seen the original?

Oldboy – brilliant movie… my God, I didn’t see that twist end coming.

Most of David Lynch’s stuff

Fritz the Cat

Mutant Aliens

Mullitt - short film about a hockey-haired comic book nerd and his crackhead roommate who attempt to sell a piece of Barbara Streisand’s wedding cake so that they can pay their rent. The best 20 minutes of my life.

Amores Perros

Freddie Got Fingered

Running Scared (2006)

Do a youtube search for "Society" and "shunting".

There isn't enough vomit in the world.

Crumb. One man's sexual obsessions gets translated in to some of the most disturbing art imaginable.

Eraserhead. I could barely get through 20 min of it before I turned it off

Society, Naked Lunch, and High School Musical 3 (I'm sure there is some subliminal stuff embedded into that series).

Would have to pick Cannibal Ferox, AKA: Make Them Die Slowly.

Watched Donkey Punch last night... not as f**ked up as some of these films but I think it deserves a mention.

Meet the Feebles and Dead Alive---

The most screwed up movies I've seen, and both by Peter Jackson the director of the Lord of the Rings trilogy!!!

Plus, I know this doesn't count, but any music videos from Tool. That's much seriously f'cked up sh't.

If music videos count then Come To Daddy by Aphex Twin is pretty messed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"