The Most Screwed-Up Movie You've Seen Is...

Johnichi Chiba

Sidekick
Reaction score
I recently got the dvd collection of Alejandro Jodorowsky. He's a filmmaker known for his bizarre surreal films. He's probably more well-known for almost directing the first Dune movie, but anyway, his movies really struck me as some of the strangest cinema I've ever seen. His biggest movie, The Holy Mountain tops anything I've ever laid my eyes upon in the weird department. Some other strange movies I have to mention are David Lynch's short films (all of them), and an animated french sci-fi movie that scared the living bejeezus out of me as kid called Fantastic Planet. Anyway, what's the strangest movie (or movies) you've ever seen?

Altered States, look it up on youtube.
I can't link it here it's a bit much.
Trippy as ****, my fave at the moment.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

...weirdest movie I've ever seen. :dry:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

BIG 11,000! :)

Sad, isn't it?

The wicker man. I call the the greatest musical ever.

That movie is great. It's one of my girlfriend's all time favorites.

I don't have a girlfriend. :( So no one to love the wicker man with me.

I'll love The Wicker Man with you, dude. But only in a hetero way.

I Married a Strange Person. It's a surreal animated film about a man who gains a magic boil after an incident involving two birds f**king in the air that gains him the power to change reality.

I win. :o

I Married a Strange Person. It's a surreal animated film about a man who gains a magic boil after an incident involving two birds f**king in the air that gains him the power to change reality.

I win. :o

That sounds like a children's book compared to The Holy Mountain.:o

Explain, sir. Cite examples. So far, I seem to be the only one to have done so. :o

Honestly, Its a very hard movie to sum up in words. The best way to understand how strange it is, is to see it. Here's the synopsis on the back of the DVD I have: "The Alchemist assembles together a group of people from all walks of life to represent the planets in the solar system. The occult adept's intention is to put his recruits through strange mystical rites and divest them of their worldly baggage before embarking on a trip to Lotus Island. There they ascend the Holy Mountain to displace the immortal gods who secretly rule the universe."

That's not really a great description of what really takes place in the movie though.

Ok man but can you sleep over after were done.
OSlawrencecr.gif

"Watch out for your cornhole, bud."

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Tommy
Yellow Submarine

Indeed. I suggest we break into his house and dress him up in stocking and a wig. Then we'll make him sing Time Warp in frount of the local wal-mart. MHAAAHAHAHA<A+A

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"