The most DISTURBING movie/s you've ever seen THREAD.

The ending of The Mist has stayed with me ever since I saw it. Damn, Tom Jane. Damn.

Speaking of which, you just reminded me of another movie I was seriously disturbed by.

Donnie Darko. The strange, almost inhuman faces his family members make as his body is carted away at the end is just eerie and has sat with me ever since.

as notorious cannibal holocaust is for its shock and gore, theres actually a genuine story with legit themes at the base of it.

Like I said earlier, I think it shoots itself in the foot by actually perpetuating the acts the film scorns. It'd be like if they had actually raped Monica Bellucci in Irreversible. "Look how horrible these Westerners are. Now, my actors, go rip that sea turtle to shreds." It's exploitation with delusions of profundity.

Audition
The Hills Have Eyes (just one particular scene)
Dogtooth

Never Let Me Go (more like depressing type of disturbing)
I want to say Oldboy but the English dubbing killed it for me that I ended up laughing instead of being disturbed.

Like I said earlier, I think it shoots itself in the foot by actually perpetuating the acts the film scorns. It'd be like if they had actually raped Monica Bellucci in Irreversible. "Look how horrible these Westerners are. Now, my actors, go rip that sea turtle to shreds." It's exploitation with delusions of profundity.

the animal cruelty in the film was definitely a mistake, one that everyone involved in the film recognizes and regrets today. and though it doesnt justify it, the animals that were killed were considered a delicacy by the natives where the film was shot, and the animals were used as food. so, as indecent as the act might have seemed, at least they werent left to waste and properly consumed.

The ending of The Mist has stayed with me ever since I saw it. Damn, Tom Jane. Damn.

Yeah, that movie is pretty ****ed. I needed to go get an ice cream after seeing that ending. :o

Speaking of which, you just reminded me of another movie I was seriously disturbed by.

Donnie Darko. The strange, almost inhuman faces his family members make as his body is carted away at the end is just eerie and has sat with me ever since.

Actually, speaking of Richard Kelly films, there's a bit in The Box that freaks the hell out of me.

The scene at the party, there is an old couple just staring at Marsden's character, and then this waitor, all staring at him, slowly puts his hand up to give him a peace sign.

I cannot explain what it is that is so effective about that.

Only movie to ever give me a weird full body shiver. :(

I wanted to add that but even though it was disturbing, I respect that movie for having the balls to pull off that ending. It is one of the reasons why The Mist is in my top 5 favorite horror films of all time.

^^The Mist is one of my favorite SK adaptations. Shawshank is of course #1.

Dead Calm really creeped me out. Nicole Kidman having to screw a manic Billy Zane to save her husband... something about the scene where she finally gives in makes my guts twist.

I don't know why but Dean Stockwell singing In Dreams in Blue Velvet has always freaked me out.

The first thing that comes to my mind are the Faces of Death movies. I had to turn them off because they disturbed me so much. I was a freshman in High School when I saw the first one, and then I watched one of the other ones when I was older, thinking I could handle it. Even when I was older, I still couldn't handle them.

Oh and some of those videos of beheadings in the middle east comes to mind as well. Nick Berg is the one that kept me from sleeping for two days. I don't even know why I went searching for it. I guess it was becuase I had heard about it, and I got curious thinking that it wasn't that bad. When I say "thinking it wasn't that bad", I mean I thought that it was like a sword beheading where it's over in an instant. Well that's not the way it went AT ALL! It looked like they used a knife about the size of a buck knife and the screaming and gurgling stayed with me for days.

That honestly is one of the most disturbing things I have yet seen posted on this forum.
Making me think of my family's reaction when I die.

The first thing that comes to my mind are the Faces of Death movies. I had to turn them off because they disturbed me so much. I was a freshman in High School when I saw the first one, and then I watched one of the other ones when I was older, thinking I could handle it. Even when I was older, I still couldn't handle them.

Oh and some of those videos of beheadings in the middle east comes to mind as well. Nick Berg is the one that kept me from sleeping for two days. I don't even know why I went searching for it. I guess it was becuase I had heard about it, and I got curious thinking that it wasn't that bad. When I say "thinking it wasn't that bad", I mean I thought that it was like a sword beheading where it's over in an instant. Well that's not the way it went AT ALL! It looked like they used a knife about the size of a buck knife and the screaming and gurgling stayed with me for days.

eh, that is a bit of an easy win, you are talking about documentary footage there, not a movie per se.

It's not about that, it's about pointing out that maybe a bunch of pampered folk who have had it easy shouldn't be so quick to jump in and judge and vilify someone whose life has been/is incredibly difficult, in ways they can't possibly imagine.
Esp being viscous to start up something like a call to arms to gang up on the person when they know damn well that person was on the verge of a breakdown at that moment in time.
It just backs up what i was thinking about the majority of people.
Okay... :huh:
1.) This thread isn't about you. I don't think anybody here is interested in your personal life and nobody was attacking. They were "attacking" your stupid post. And I say "attack" in quotations because I'm quite surprised that someone "strong" like you would consider the responses as an "attack" but whatever :o
2. You don't know me personally so how dare you say I've lived a "pampered" life. Thats rude
3. Finding particular movies disturbing doesn't mean you've lived a "pampered" life. Stop with this "woe is me" BS.

The last 20 minutes of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. If that's not real terror I don't know what is. I almost had to shut it off.
Honestly, I think I am in the minority but I think Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a horrible movie and the entire movie is a great unintentional comedy...especially the last 20 mins

Okay... :huh:
1.) This thread isn't about you. I don't think anybody here is interested in your personal life and nobody was attacking. They were "attacking" your stupid post. And I say "attack" in quotations because I'm quite surprised that someone "strong" like you would consider the responses as an "attack" but whatever :o
2. You don't know me personally so how dare you say I've lived a "pampered" life. Thats rude
3. Finding particular movies disturbing doesn't mean you've lived a "pampered" life. Stop with this "woe is me" BS.
this. :up:

Honestly, I think I am in the minority but I think Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a horrible movie and the entire movie is a great unintentional comedy...especially the last 20 mins

I'll have to agree, I didn't find the original to be disturbing at all. I found that movie to be irritating when most of the dialogue near the end was just screaming.

edit: I'll understand if people saw the movie when they were younger, hell when I was a little kid, I found ghostface to be disturbing.

Last edited:
I don't know why but Dean Stockwell singing In Dreams in Blue Velvet has always freaked me out.

He is actually miming there. I don't know if you grew up in the UK, but that scene was particularly disturbing over here because it took place during the big mimer's strike.
I guess a lot of people have not heard the mimer's strike though.

I know it is just semantics but it is spelled semantics.
Do not EVER correct me again. Btw, that's a nice run-on sentence you have going there. There should be two separate sentences, instead of one long sentence with no comma.

Do not EVER correct me again. Btw, that's a nice run-on sentence you have going there. There should be two separate sentences, instead of one long sentence with no comma.

I thought it read funnier/more poetic being typed in an unbroken run.

Inland Empire is a film I'd say has an unsettling mood throughout the film and it gets really creepy during the last act.

I want to say Oldboy but the English dubbing killed it for me that I ended up laughing instead of being disturbed.

You watch Oldboy version with the English dub? :(

I know it is just semantics but it is spelled semantics.

I thought it read funnier/more poetic being typed in an unbroken run.

How about we stick to the topic and quit correcting everyone's grammar and spelling?

eh, we were both just joking around officer. Are we gonna be arrested for disturbing the disturbing movie thread?

No, but this is your last warning about trolling this thread.

The Strangers had some strong scares(never seen a theater react that way)
The Ring scared me when I was young (I had a TV in the room I shared, not anymore)
Mytars was sad perhaps the perfected torture movie (tragic)
Grave of the Fireflies even a dope fiend will cry.

Most disturbing film I've ever seen
The Girl next door. Ketchem. Now that was distrubing.

Last edited:
Grave of the Fireflies even a dope fiend will cry.

I didn't cry, it pissed me off, because the older brother should have either swallowed his pride and went back to that moany old relative when his lil sis started getting ill, or, and I still don't understand this plot point in the film, went back to the bank in the town center to get money out to buy food for her, so, he doesn't do that, but he goes into town after she died to get money?!
It was a very emotionally engaging film, it was just that character's logic I did not understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"