Endgame Hawkeye/Clint Barton - Jeremy Renner

I never read the comics. Does he break away from the Avengers or something? I take it he was just the less popular one back in the day?

Hawkeye quit the Avengers because he was generally dissatisfied with his treatment by the team. Clint had felt useless as an archer among superpowered heroes, so he used Hank Pym's particles to become Goliath for a while. He was stronger (and bigger) but the particles caused him physical problems. After that, he went back to being Hawkeye, although he wore a miniskirt* for some ungodly reason. On top of that, Clint was upset when Wanda and Vision became romantically involved because he was in love with her. (Love triangles suck.)

Hawkeye left the Avengers and eventually ended up joining The Defenders, whose roster in the comics included Doctor Strange, Hulk, the Sub-Mariner, and Valkyrie. That's where Clint ended up a few months after the panel posted above.

* Hawkeye rocking a lavender miniskirt and headband:

tumblr_m7la0wdCTY1qzqhuh.gif

Saw these on Instagram.
I'm guessing it's from some photo shoot with these images being used in marketing/merchandise material.

I can see this being the best showing from Hawkeye. And even better if we get a really good mini-series out of him afterwards (with Kate Bishop :cool:).

Last edited:
Renner was a sorta big star for a few years. Was he ever considered for his own solo film?

Renner was a sorta big star for a few years. Was he ever considered for his own solo film?
He seemed to be a big supporting star. He works well as part of an ensemble, and is strong when used that way. As Hawkeye his chances are probably limited to lead a solo film unless Marvel start making a lot more films. But I hope these mini-series are close to the films in look and quality and that he gets a really good boost there.

Get the feeling that the shot of him teaching his daughter archery is going to be a flashback to when they were dusted and will be shown fairly early in the film.

I literally came here to this thread to pose the same theory. Seems very likely.

It looks like they aged up his daughter quite a bit. This is supposed to be what, 3-4 years after AOU and she was only like 5 or 6 there.

Then perhaps he was grooming his daughter to become the next Hawkeye

Get the feeling that the shot of him teaching his daughter archery is going to be a flashback to when they were dusted and will be shown fairly early in the film.
Yes, that would work well.

Hawkeye quit the Avengers because he was generally dissatisfied with his treatment by the team. Clint had felt useless as an archer among superpowered heroes, so he used Hank Pym's particles to become Goliath for a while. He was stronger (and bigger) but the particles caused him physical problems. After that, he went back to being Hawkeye, although he wore a miniskirt* for some ungodly reason. On top of that, Clint was upset when Wanda and Vision became romantically involved because he was in love with her. (Love triangles suck.)

Hawkeye left the Avengers and eventually ended up joining The Defenders, whose roster in the comics included Doctor Strange, Hulk, the Sub-Mariner, and Valkyrie. That's where Clint ended up a few months after the panel posted above.

* Hawkeye rocking a lavender miniskirt and headband:

tumblr_m7la0wdCTY1qzqhuh.gif

The boots rolled down was always an odd fashion faux pau to me.. Lmfao

He seemed to be a big supporting star. He works well as part of an ensemble, and is strong when used that way. As Hawkeye his chances are probably limited to lead a solo film unless Marvel start making a lot more films. But I hope these mini-series are close to the films in look and quality and that he gets a really good boost there.

I think the fact that his Bourne movie sequel/spinoff tanked killed off a lot of his big star potential.

Also, the MCU Hawkeye has never been strong enough to warrant his own solo film. Sorry it's just a fact. Movie Hawkeye was never all that interesting. Always lacked the attitude and strong qualities of comic Hawkeye.

I think the fact that his Bourne movie sequel/spinoff tanked killed off a lot of his big star potential.

Also, the MCU Hawkeye has never been strong enough to warrant his own solo film. Sorry it's just a fact. Movie Hawkeye was never all that interesting. Always lacked the attitude and strong qualities of comic Hawkeye.
I think so too. But I also think he's great as a supporting actor and not necessarily a leading man.

Completely agree.

So who else is getting their hair done like Hawkeye for the premiere?

Hawkeye had some badass moments, loved the scene where he took out the 2 Outriders and all of the scenes with him and Nat were great, especially the big one, I just wish we'd seen a bit more of him as Ronin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"