Watchmen HBO Eyeing ‘Watchmen’ TV Series from Damon Lindelof

Yes absolutely tachyons blurs his perception. We can presume that Will Reeves and Lady Rieu know about the 7K attack via Doc, so "he left it entirerly in their hands "? It makes even more intriguing Lady Trieu plan. We can guess that Doc want the betterment of humanity, like Tieu, like Veidt...

^ Notice that Dr. Manhattan said "watch the eggs" to Angela before they fell and were smashed. He also said it was important for her to see him standing on the pool water right after that.

I can't believe that Manhattan just wanted to randomly make waffles in that moment. There must be some reason for it. Imagine if Angela goes back into the house and finds that there is one egg still intact somewhere. She eats the egg and then walks onto the pool water to confirm her new abilities...

:up:

Man, this show is impressive. The writing and storytelling is really next level, up there with Breaking Bad in regards to attention to detail and visual symbolism, but WATCHMEN!

That being said, I'm not sure I'm going to like how this ends re: Manhattan. As another poster mentioned, getting his powers from eating an egg or whatever is cheap and lazy, which this show certainly is not. Also, the fact that Jon seeks love once again cheapens the tragedy of his arc in the comic. The sad isolation that many felt for him, regardless of of his "feelings" was lessened and that was one of the more profound aspects of the graphic novel. Much like the Hooded Justice story, I'm not a big fan of the decisions that were made but they were done so well and impactful that I still consider the last few episodes some of the best T.V. I've ever seen.

My main complaint besides the aforementioned is the way Cal-Manhattan looked when he was blue. Lmao that was so goofy and I couldn't take it seriously. The bald cap, the dead eyes, the blue hue, it was failure. It would have been better with staying Cal and using the real version.

I'm pretty excited for the finale even though I do not want Manhattan to be anybody other than Jon Osterman.

Somehow, I think the golden statue is Veidt himself, in some kind of alchemy/stasis and Manhattan was working with Lady Trieu at some point, her father is either Ozy crashing down or Blake is her father and she somehow cloned him.

:up:

If they stick the landing I hope the team doesnt do another season until they absolutely have a solid outline. Maybe they could remix another dc star or do another dc story too.

Two issues I have now:
1- I don't like the idea of Manhattan transferring his powers (how??? They are part of his being) in such an easy and lame way... ingesting his particles what?
Don't forget the way in which Osterman became Manhattan... it's about his conscience and the whole incident.

2- How did Manhattan know that Reeves was Hooded Justice and that he was Angela's grandfather anyway? Maybe he "tapped" those infos from his post-Calvin life (before getting hit by the cannon)?

Two issues I have now:
1- I don't like the idea of Manhattan transferring his powers (how??? They are part of his being) in such an easy and lame way... ingesting his particles what?
Don't forget the way in which Osterman became Manhattan... it's about his conscience and the whole incident.

2- How did Manhattan know that Reeves was Hooded Justice and that he was Angela's grandfather anyway? Maybe he "tapped" those infos from his post-Calvin life (before getting hit by the cannon)?

We know. You posted this yesterday.

Two issues I have now:

If you can accept him creating life, teleporting buildings across the solar system, living across time all at once, etc...I don't see what's so difficult about accepting him transferring powers.
533.gif

If you can accept him creating life, teleporting buildings across the solar system, living across time all at once, etc...I don't see what's so difficult about accepting him transferring powers.
533.gif

I know where you're coming from.

Fact is, Osterman became Dr. Manhattan because his consciousness - reduced to an electromagnetical form of some sort by the machine - was somehow special and it managed to "assemble" a new body. His powers are quantic.
I don't know how you can "transfer" to another being this new existential state just through mere "ingestion" of atomic particles.

Another observation:

In the 2019 WM Universe, Osterman left Germany in 1936, not 1938 (Before Watchmen).

Last edited:
let's keep it clean here yall, no personal attacks

if you have problems with posters, report the posts, or place them on ignore. or if it helps you, why not both? - CC

thanks everyone.

I know where you're coming from.

Fact is, Osterman became Dr. Manhattan because his consciousness - reduced to an electromagnetical form of some sort by the machine - was somehow special and it managed to "assemble" a new body. His powers are quantic.
I don't know how you can "transfer" to another being this new existential state just through mere "ingestion" of atomic particles.

You might not know how, but the writers possibly do. Like RockSP pointed out, Manhattan’s powers are virtually limitless, so the idea that he can transfer his powers aren’t confined to the same confinements featured in the graphic novel. Like most of the show, the characters evolve and grow—if they remained the same 35 years later what would be the point of watching the show?

You might not know how, but the writers possibly do. Like RockSP pointed out, Manhattan’s powers are virtually limitless, so the idea that he can transfer his powers aren’t confined to the same confinements featured in the graphic novel. Like most of the show, the characters evolve and grow—if they remained the same 35 years later what would be the point of watching the show?

Yeah, I can accept that... if they provide me with further explanations :)

533.gif

LOL for real.

One thing I never quite understood (and this goes back to the comics) is exactly how his time perception thing works. That's the one aspect of Manhattan that I find just a little too far-fetched because it's essentially time travel. I may need to read the book again but I don't recall it being sufficiently explained as to how it works or is possible in this world. Though it certainly makes for interesting scenarios and I feel this show NAILED it in terms of how he explains it. I also think Yahya's (pre-Cal) Manhattan voice was better than Crudup's (though I think they altered it a bit, which helped). I thought Crudup did a good job but I feel like it was a little bit of a mistake to make Manhattan sound so normal in the film. I understand why they did it that way but I remember reading the book, I had an idea of what Manhattan sounded like and it was a little more... obtuse, maybe? It was closer to how Yahya sounded.

reviewers seem to have gotten the final episode but they cant say how it was damn. I really wanna know if they managed to do the final well.

LOL for real.

One thing I never quite understood (and this goes back to the comics) is exactly how his time perception thing works. That's the one aspect of Manhattan that I find just a little too far-fetched because it's essentially time travel. I may need to read the book again but I don't recall it being sufficiently explained as to how it works or is possible in this world. Though it certainly makes for interesting scenarios and I feel this show NAILED it in terms of how he explains it. I also think Yahya's (pre-Cal) Manhattan voice was better than Crudup's (though I think they altered it a bit, which helped). I thought Crudup did a good job but I feel like it was a little bit of a mistake to make Manhattan sound so normal in the film. I understand why they did it that way but I remember reading the book, I had an idea of what Manhattan sounded like and it was a little more... obtuse, maybe? It was closer to how Yahya sounded.
I think Doc's perception of time is the result of an infinite universe. He experiences every infinite universe simultaneously. Basically, he exists in all universes and his physical being transcends a single universe. Since he lives in all universes, he experiences all possible events, blurred only by tachyons. Don't know how if that's an accurate portrayal of the causal loop paradox. :oldrazz:

I think Doc's perception of time is the result of an infinite universe. He experiences every infinite universe simultaneously. Basically, he exists in all universes and his physical being transcends a single universe. Since he lives in all universes, he experiences all possible events, blurred only by tachyons. Don't know how if that's an accurate portrayal of the causal loop paradox. :oldrazz:

NO, it's just one universe. It's a fixed timeline... so he can perceive the entire "line", not just the present-day segment. The paradoxes which he creates are already part of history, since the beginning.

This isn't really supported by the text. His problems is that he only sees one, thus it is why he is constantly not fighting it. The issue is that he is experiencing his life essentially all at once. He doesn't feel he can change it, because to him,he already did it.

Vid has cursing in it so I removed it, but there's a new Lindelöf interview and Q&A by Marc Bernardin on Kevin Smith's youtube channel

Last edited:
It wouldn't be a Lindelof's project if it didn't end in controversy. And similar to the rest of this series, it'll be a love or hate kind of thing,

“Nothing ever ends,” goes Doctor Manhattan’s famous line. But the first season of HBO’s Watchmen does indeed end Sunday evening — after only nine episodes at that — and the fate of the supremely powerful Manhattan (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) is hanging in the balance. Titled “See How They Fly,” the finale is super-sized at 67 minutes and satisfyingly ties together the season’s disparate story lines while answering many of the show’s burning questions. At the same time, characters are left well-positioned for a potential second season (it’s not renewed as of now), and there’s even a little bit of a cliffhanger. Showrunner Damon Lindelof, who previously ran ABC’s Lost, once self-deprecatingly joked, “endings, I’m great at them.” But in this case he’s quite literally correct: Watchmen season 1 has a great ending. —James Hibberd
What to Watch this Weekend: The end is nigh for HBO's 'Watchmen'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"