Watchmen HBO Eyeing ‘Watchmen’ TV Series from Damon Lindelof

Of course we cut to black as Angela steps onto the water. Perfectly ambiguous way to end the season and now we'll all be theorizing for months to come. Very good ending, but Lube Man is still afoot.

Also, pfft. Yeah, Adrian may end up in a cell, but we've seen what he can do with a horseshoe. He'll be out in no time.

I don’t know why they cut at the very end. Dr. Manhattan wouldn’t lie so it’s obvious she has powers now. I guess the question is does she have all his powers. And if so, why wouldn’t see be as detached as he was since time works differently for her now.

Great finale to a fantastic series. I'll definitely get the Blu-ray once it's released.

When Veidt said to Trieu he'll never call her "daughter", that's when I realized his message was "Save me, daughter."

Fantastic. Great consistency of wonderful throughout the whole season. :D

Of course they ended the finale like that. Let the mystery be. Best show of 2019.

I can't believe Season 2 is going to be about Veidt and Dan breaking out of prison. :o
Where's Dan by the way? Was he ever mentioned during the series? I must have missed his whereabouts...

Sad that such a great character died. Still unsure of why he let this all happen. It’s like why in the comic/snyder movie did he even try to stop veidt in the first place before being convinced by him that his NY massacre has to happen if he already knew it was going to? Does Manhattan just go along with all events he sees and doesn’t resist?

Sad that such a great character died. Still unsure of why he let this all happen. It’s like why in the comic/snyder movie did he even try to stop veidt in the first place before being convinced by him that his NY massacre has to happen if he already knew it was going to? Does Manhattan just go along with all events he sees and doesn’t resist?

His powers don’t work that way. He doesn’t time travel or get glimpses of the future, nor can he change time. He experiences all of time, all at once. Everything he sees has already happened, is happening, or will happen. That’s part of why he’s often so weird and seemingly detached.

As he says in the comic - “We’re all puppets, Laurie. I’m just a puppet who can see the strings.”

Phenomenal season and a great ending.

But....

I’m still a little bummed the old blue guy ended up biting the dust :csad: but he went out beautifully and it was the best decision to kill him off even if I personally didn’t want to see him go.

You know, I wonder how Geoff Johns feels about the conclusion of Doomsday Clock coming out after this series?

b1fce20b50ad08a2dfb57874da9513170c8ad030.gif

I just saw
Dr. Manhattan cry and Adrian Veidt show a modicum of self-awareness.

I live! :wowe: :bow: It's probably a little too soon to say, but I think this may go down as my favorite season of television of all-time.

I don't even know if I want another season. I mean, of course I want more, but I don't know how they could possibly live up to this. A big part of me believes this just needs to stand alone as the masterpiece it is.

Jon turning back into Cal before he "died" was good. Real good.

I do like that Trieu essentially failed where her father didn't, with her monologuing like a comic villain.

Also, can someone give Veidt a lesson on good password security, because jebus...

Also, I loved how
the slight ambiguity of the final scene kinda mirrors the ambiguity of final scene of the comic. "Did Angela walk on the water?" is the new "Did they publish Rorshach's journal?" The answer to the latter turned out to be yes, so I'd say the same for the answer to the former. Both instances hinge on the power to change the world being (potentially) placed on the shoulders of a single individual, unbeknownst to anyone else.

That was a fantastic finale, and damn I definitely got hit right in the feels with the Dr. Manhattan scenes towards the end , and him telling Regina King how much he loved her. Really great acting from Yaha in those scenes and some really nice touches like him briefly turning back into Cal and the tears streaming down his face.

Loved seeing Veidt finally brought in on everything too, although I was severely dissapointed that we didn't get the return of Lube Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"