World Here is the Stan Winston Superman Suit!

That suit is actually pretty good. I'm sure that it'd PO a lot of fanboys, but I'd like to see how Stan Winston would make it work for real.

I quite like both of those designs, although there are a few things I'd alter a bit in both, I'd make the black in the first design a darker blue and in the second, I wouldn't have the red boots go up so high. When I look at both designs, I don't see armor as people complain about, I simply see a design that looks alien and would work pretty well IMO, much like this design done by Michael Stribling in the New Costume Proposals thread.

super_concept_study.jpg

I think the Winston costume is horrible. Why do people even want the change?
The classic design should stay, maybe a bit updated like in SR but no big changes like those above...

you know...the more I think about the more I like the idea of JJ Abhrams script. I mean....it seems like Smallville has been taking over the plots from that story anyway...with the whole War on Krypton, Jor-el choosing the Kents and Clark meeting Lois in College and chosen on crap....so it would have been synergy.

One of the most ugliest design yet. I hate it.

Kevin Roegele - Armor suit is ludicrous because he doesn't need it. So if he fights someone from Krypton they have the same powers and same the weakness.
Superman isn't a type of hero who will go after a person like that unless he considered them a threat.
I can see if it was Metallo and his kryptonite, so Superman could use armor to protect himself that way. But if it was another Kryptonian he will go right for them. Or if Superman would use a piece of Kryptonite to expose to the other kryptonian and his armor was made of lead.
It isn't like the kryptonian will have an edge over Superman just because he has the same powers. They would be equal.

There's no point saying, "Superman doesn't wear armour in the comic, therefore it's silly for him to wear it in any movie."

You need to know the reasons behind the suit and see this in context. Krypton is at war, Kal-El was sent to Earth to avoid being killed, and the Krypton bad guys sent ONE THOUSAND of his soldiers after baby Kal-El to kill him. The Kryptonians obviously wear armour, because they are at war. Jor-El himself wears the armour for fighting. So when Jor-El gives his son a Kryptonian costume, naturally it's not made out spandex.

I hate those designs. HATE them. To me, they look so incredibly lame. They just scream "NOT SUPERMAN" to me. Two thumbs down.

I hate those designs. HATE them. To me, they look so incredibly lame. They just scream "NOT SUPERMAN" to me. Two thumbs down.

I'm getting mixed messages here...did you like them or not? ;)

i like em. the second one with trunks. I think there's a really good manip in the other section. it's not bad. And i also think tyzor would be a good base to use for brainaic.

Looks like a bad Action Figure. All it needs are some Super Nipples.

Looks great, but IMO it'd be better off as more of a stand-by 'special' suit akin the space, scuba and anti-kryptonite suits he wore on S:TAS - something he should only wear when absolutely necessary.

to me, it makes it darker than it needs to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"