Superman Returns Suit, Muscle.. is Brandon the problem?

I agree..routh is the best thing about Returns..i don't klnow what it is..little smirks here and there..the look on his face when he asks lois to go flying with him.

"please"

The problem was clearly the suit making him look less bulky than he actually was.

Brandon was fine, the suit did the job, if anything was screwed up, it's fan perception.

3 Dev Adam said:
Oh. Gotcha. Buggs simply doesn't know what's he's talking about, as usual!
Hmm I dont know what I am talking about huh? I'll let the interview with the costume designer from this site tell it then:

Q: Any padding and so forth?

Louise: Yeah, this is muscle suit under here.

Dan: The whole problem, just to give you a little more background on why we went with a muscle suit...
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4204

Muscle suit. Yeah I don't know anything. Now you guys cant et back to your "everyone has to love Superman Returns and everything about it" lovefest.

buggs0268 said:
Hmm I dont know what I am talking about huh? I'll let the interview with the costume designer from this site tell it then:

Louise: Yeah, this is muscle suit under here.

Dan: The whole problem, just to give you a little more background on why we went with a muscle suit...

Muscle suit. Yeah I don't know anything. Now you guys cant et back to your "everyone has to love Superman Returns and everything about it" lovefest.
then you need to watch the actual documentary , which shows the muscle suits for the stunt men and Brandon's folded costumes, seperately. You also need to watch the footage of Brandon actually working out, so that you see that it's all him.

I have seen the footage of Brandon working out along with shot of him swimming and preparing for flying. The guy is big enough

Can I PLEASE have clearance to post screencaps from the DVD?

I's already out for quite a while outside the US of A - OFFICIALLY, not pirated. It's not as if I'm posting something verboten and, hey, the US of A is not the center of the world (that's the exact reason why Superman Returns, the Ultimate Superman Box Set, Batman Begins and X-Men 3's double disc edition, just to name a few, were released in South America and overseas first - ha!).

I wanna prove some things to disbelievers.

ETHAR-N said:
I think Routh was the best thing that happened to Superman Returns, you just cant stop wanting to know things about that guy,the documentaries are great

Mainly because he's such a humble nice guy. Cyclops is also very funny.

The swimming footage was pretty awesome... A great way of working out the physics of flying in the film.

3 Dev Adam said:
Can I PLEASE have clearance to post screencaps from the DVD?

I's already out for quite a while outside the US of A - OFFICIALLY, not pirated. It's not as if I'm posting something verboten and, hey, the US of A is not the center of the world (that's the exact reason why Superman Returns, the Ultimate Superman Box Set, Batman Begins and X-Men 3's double disc edition, just to name a few, were released in South America and overseas first - ha!).

I wanna prove some things to disbelievers.

Post some pics up. :up:

Showtime029 said:
I have seen the footage of Brandon working out along with shot of him swimming and preparing for flying. The guy is big enough
where did you saw that?

Yeah, the extras dvd, it has a nearly 3 hour documentary that covers practically everything, from one year before filming (when tehyre casting routh) to after the filming and postproduction. One of the best and most complete making of ive seen in a dvd

YEah, the extras are great... Especially on the HD-DVD :D

The only thing I dont like is the Suit looks better (IMO) in the DVD extras than it does in the actual film.

Yeah, i thought the same, it has a really good look on the extras, and in some moments of the film its just meh (although i really liked it, but it could be better)

Some of the wire work stuff they have in the extras with Brandon in the Suit are just amazing...Totally Superman.

ETHAR-N said:
Yeah, the extras dvd, it has a nearly 3 hour documentary that covers practically everything, from one year before filming (when tehyre casting routh) to after the filming and postproduction. One of the best and most complete making of ive seen in a dvd

One thing that's glaringly missing from the extras is more info on the visual FX, but that part is covered on the extra discs from the Ultimate Superman Collection.

JamalYIgle said:
then you need to watch the actual documentary , which shows the muscle suits for the stunt men and Brandon's folded costumes, seperately. You also need to watch the footage of Brandon actually working out, so that you see that it's all him.
Why are you guys arguing with me. I copied and pastd quotes from an interview with Mingen-whatever her name is and Tom Bronson, that was done on this site before the film was released. They are talking about Brandon's suit, and not the stuntman's suit. And they both call it Muscle suit, which I highlighted in red. These are the people that made the stupid thing. And I have seen Brandon working out and no he is not that big. Damn I get sick of this. No wonder why all the people who don't like the movie or the suit left. Cause you guys are like little kids who attack anyone who doesn't like the movie or points out the flaws, even when they post direct quotes from the people who designed and made the damn suits. If the people who hate the film and the suit didn't leave, you guys would be in the majority. They jost got tired of your nonsense.

Louise (mingen-whatever her name is): Yeah, this is muscle suit under here.

These are the people who made the damn thing talking about Brandon's suit, not the stuntman's.

Also in the interview:

Q: The cape is actually sewn into the neckline or is it attached some other way?

Dan: Yeah. The first thing obviously to go is the muscle suit and then the blue suit goes on over that. It's a very tedious process. On the inside of the skin, the part of the muscle suit that touches his skin right at the neckline, there's two Velcro tabs that anchors this entire weight. It's an amazing engineering feat the way that Jill's been able to anchor this. Two pieces of Velcro about an inch and a half a piece. The cape weighs about 8 pounds. There's no drag on them. It's kind of passive.

And it is fact that WArner's did a survey of what Superman's body should look like with women, they chose a swimmer body, and the muscle suit was made, even before he was cast. And Brandon was under contract that he could not get any bigger than a certain size and body type to be able to wear the muscle suit.

Q: What if he lost weight during the shoot?

Dan: Once we had the sculpt approved by the studio, that was their iconic vision of this character, and he had to basically lock. He did do a lot of training here in Sydney and lost a little bit of core weight, but we would not allow any muscle enhancement to be had because it would undo all of the expense that we've got in the sculpt and the molding of the muscle suit

Again, copied and pasted from the interview done witth Loise Mingen-whatever and her crew that was conducted by this site.

I think Brandon himself said at one time he hated the suit.

i dont believe so. I remember bale saying he hated the bat suit, because of how hot it is, and I imagine it's possible that Brandon said a simliar thing about the Supersuit being uncomfortable, but I do not recall that.

buggs0268 said:
Why are you guys arguing with me. I copied and pastd quotes from an interview with Mingen-whatever her name is and Tom Bronson, that was done on this site before the film was released.

So?

WE SAW THE DVD, WE HAVE VISUAL PROOF THAT YOU ARE WRONG!

SCLJ said:
I think Brandon himself said at one time he hated the suit.

He hated BEING in the suit, cause it was too tight and squeezed his balls. But I don't think it was hot, cause on several occasions he appears wearing a blanket over the suit.

JamalYIgle said:

Dang....look at that, Jamal was right, again.

brandonrouth16110601.jpg

Pickle-El said:
Dang....look at that, Jamal was right, again.

brandonrouth16110601.jpg

That's just the beginning of his training. This pic doesn't give the full idea of how buff he was by the shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"