Suit, Muscle.. is Brandon the problem?

Discussion in 'Superman Returns' started by Saph, Sep 9, 2005.

1. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

I saw the DVD. The muscle suits were for the stuntmen only. Brandon's muscles were his own. It was even discussed that Brandon couldn't buff up too much, otherside he wouldn't fit the suits already made for him.

2. buggs0268 Registered

No he wore muscle suits. Mingenhack and Tom Bronson, who made the suits, said there were muscle suits in all of the suits that Brandon wore in an inteview with both of them, conducted by this site, and an official interview at that, posted here a week or two before the release of the film. They came out and said it.

3. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

That contradicts the DVD. They showed the muscle suits for the stuntmen, and then they showed FOLDED suits designed for Brandon - no fake muscles, just padding to keep the \s/ symbol in place all the time.

4. JamalYIgle Registered

No, Actually they aren't replacements. You can have multiple actors playing the same parts, even within the the "timeline" It dosen't make them replacements. Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck have all played CIA Agent Jack Ryan.Would you call Ford Baldwin's Replacement? Chris Reeve wasn't the first actor to play Superman, and Brandon won't be the last. Things change, it's a fact of life.

5. JamalYIgle Registered

Don't worry about it. Even when the footage does come out,(The Documentarian Rob Burnett was interveiwed on Comicgeekspeak and even said it was all Brandon.)Buggs will probably find something else to argue about.

6. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

Oh. Gotcha. Buggs simply doesn't know what's he's talking about, as usual!

7. CGHulk Registered

The padding was in the ribcage area, Mingenbach loved it on the manequin when designing the suit, so she left it in. The chest area is padded too, to hold the 3D \S/. I went down to Kitson in Beverly Hills to see the suit up close, you can clearly see where the padding was.

8. KaptainKrypton Registered

I don't see how he could physically be the same size in each pic because from the top shot you can clearly see he has lost almost all of his vascularity at that point, and had zero definition as a result. The bottom one shows that his torso is much more slender around the neck and especially in the abdomen area. Maybe it's just the angle?

9. SCLJ Registered

The suit and Singer are the problem.

10. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

Actually, it's more molded than padded.

11. oh not again..

there is some padding as the suittakes alot of Routh definition away..all the suit was there for is to bulk out the areas that get restricted in the tight suit.

12. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

PADDING is one thing, a MUSCLE SUIT is another. They did MUSCLE SUITS for some stuntmen, and a PADDED SUIT for Routh.

13. buggs0268 Registered

Excuse me? What was that you said. I guess the internet can sure make people brave. Maybe you should end this part of the conversation right now.

14. Super Kal Proud Conservative

hey buggs... don't insult people.

15. buggs0268 Registered

A lot of the effects shots weren't even tackled until 6 months after the New York shoot. That is not shot in New York. That was shot in England at Pinewood and the New York background are front projected. That whole scene is, even the people in the car, like the lady *****ing out the cab driver. They had to build that set on a platform for the mechanism in the side walk that he spins on and goes down into the sidewalk. The dust is stuff being blown out from the sides. The stuff from the lois pulling the car out was the last stuff shot, but it was pretty close to when they were working on the EFX shots in Pinewood. But it was closer to each other time wise than when they were in New York shooting exteriors, which was months before.

16. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

That's 5 days off.

17. FanboyX_Returns Registered

and B.J R, Kate B, Kevin S, dan H, and Michael D all are at fault for the mess that was SR.

18. CGHulk Registered

Nope, like I said before, it's padded!

19. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

The chest area? Definitely molded, with some padding.

20. Pickle-El Registered

Brandon Routh> All of Us.

:)

21. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

Watching the docu, you can't help but like Brandon. He's such a nice, humble guy.

22. TheGrayGhost Registered

I think all of the problems in Superman Returns, including casting, story, and direction, all stem from the creative decision to remain in continuity with the previous films. It was a great film, but it wasn't really Superman.

Honestly, I wish they'd retire the franchise for at least another 5 or 10 years and say that Superman Returns was just a final send-off to the older Superman movies as tribute to Christopher Reeve. During that hiatus, WB should consult with the writers behind the best interpretations of Superman (namely, STAS and JL/JLU) in order to make a faithful and quality script.

23. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

A reboot would be fine. A prequel, maybe.

24. JamalYIgle Registered

Just to back you up I just watched"The Crystal Method" on the DVD of, And they show Brandon working it out and the guy is ripped. So what ever problems people had with Brandon's physique isn't because of him. He really did get pretty big for the part.

25. ETHAR-N Registered

Yeah, i just finished watching the documentaries on the DVD, and in the training part, where he wears a black shirt, you can really see he really bulked up,in fact, i think he was friggin HUGE.

I think Routh was the best thing that happened to Superman Returns, you just cant stop wanting to know things about that guy,the documentaries are great