Here We Go Again Part 3: New Welling As Superman Rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that don't visit the superman casting thread anymore; the favorites mentioned as of now are, in no particular order, hammer, porter, cavill, joe m., welling, and routh, with the occasional unknown name thrown in....you can post welling's name all you want and if anyone tries to pick a fight the mods will bring the hammer down on em'.

Last edited:
double

Last edited:
I do really hope we get a dam offical shortlist of real names testing for the role. So we can finally see where nolan/snyder/wb is going for this time. Like when we had short lists for cap/spidey/gl in the past yr. I am sure we will get a better casting rthen the crap(no offense to sr fans) cast singer made.

Yeah im sure we'll have to get them soon. Im guessing a short list in Feb and then casting in march. Gives the actor 3 months to pump up :)

for me i like porter but i rather see him do flash or a different character and not superman. Never had any issues with cavill he looks good a good actor from what i hear, and joe m, armier hammer, are still names i wouldnt be disapointed in seeing in the role. Man the wait sucks but i still think they will choose good actors.

scott porter he was in friday night lights(tv show) and was also in caprica on scifi.

thanks man. yeah i just googled him there. From what i can see, not somebody who id like to see play supes. I could deff see him as the flash tho. so good call on that one

ya i been rooting for him for flash for awhile.

Scott is a great guy and is def on everyone's radar but I think the Flash is more likely. He would hit it out of the park! Don't be surprised if you here his name mentioned for Daredevil reboot Marvel loves him.

:word:

That would be Armie Hammer, who was rumored for Batman in that JLA project. He was most recently seen in The Social Network.

With all the buzz around Armie Hammer right now I think He is a very likely candidate. Actually he was cast as batman in JLA Mortal that wasn't a rumor.

Scott is a great guy and is def on everyone's radar but I think the Flash is more likely. He would hit it out of the park! Don't be surprised if you here his name mentioned for Daredevil reboot Marvel loves him.

Porter's doing a great job on The Good Wife, and he's reappeared on FNL this season. I do really like the guy, and knowing he's a big comic fan makes me hope that he does get some type of superhero role one day. But not Superman. :)

I thought Armie Hammer did a fine job in The Social Network. But have to agree with others that he has just a bit too much... dull to carry off Superman.

ya i am sure porter will land a superhero role some day soon.

pretty quiet on the superman reboot casting right now. as some have said i think they will cast a "known" actor, probably go with someone none of us expected. i still say tom has a good shot at this. we shall see how things play out but i have my own theories on what will happen at smallvilles finale.

maybe synder will wait until smallville ends before throwing us a bone? makes a fan wonder whats up in those private WB meetings! :cwink:

I look forward to finding out who will be Superman. I'm fairly certain it's going to be a good choice. I'll probably be surprised.

But Tom would be a good choice for a movie Superman. And anyone who disagrees is welcome to their opinion.

After all, no one here is psychic, and ergo cannot accurately state who will be Superman in the reboot.

Well if the rumor production start isn't to aug. We are probably not going to have superman actor cast to march. I do wish they had the person now. So its more prep time for actor to do all the prep stuff.

Well, then, this march? That's not far away.

Let's hope it's someone good, and will do it well. If it's not Tom Welling. I mean, other than him, I don't know anyone I'd like to see be Superman. It's not an easy job.

You have to do the part well. And Tom can. Just like Christopher, George, and Dean.

Well I am sure with folks like nolan and snyder on this we will get a good cast and solid name actors in key supporting roles.

In light of recent events, I'd like to retract my claim for Tom Welling in the Superman movie.
I have been made light of the fact that it would be awkward at the very least.
That said, I wonder who it will be.
Also, Webhead, I think my PMs aren't working. :( Have you gotten anything from me?

In light of recent events, I'd like to retract my claim for Tom Welling in the Superman movie.

in light of what? if you want him, then support him. you do not have to just go along with the crowd. not one person on this site nor anywhere else on the internet knows who will be cast. welling still has as good of a shot as anyone else until PROVEN otherwise.

Ya I have dave just been very busy with work last few days. So my time on boards been limited. As for tom ya its true we don't know if he has a shot/wants to do it or even offered. But really if he was offered or even tested for snyder I am sure it probably would have happened already. Since we know casting is being worked on now. Still ultimately its probably going to be some other actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"