"Here We Go Again" Part 4: New Welling As Superman Rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went those john s comments for yrs ago when sr was going into production. Also saw the snyder comments. At least its nice he gives credit to smallville for keeping superman alive.

If there is to be a Justice League movie in 2013, I'd prefer the Smallville superheroes cast. :super:

Batman and Superman in 2012, I don't see how in 1 year they have all the heroes together for JL

If there is to be a Justice League movie in 2013, I'd prefer the Smallville superheroes cast. :super:

Why would they use the Smallville cast when they have the cast from the movie versions? :huh:

ummmmm, shouldn't this thread be closed, since it's not a rumor anymore since Cavill is now Superman?

I just don't see a jl film happening then. To much to get going to get out then. A more fesible timeframe would be 2015-2017 in my opinion. Cause it takes at least two yrs just to get a script/cast/director all on board and then need at least 5-7 months to shoot and another 8-10months for post production. Plus with wb/dc taking there sweet time to get any development going on any character. Plus past reports have showed they seem more focused on solo films.

Plus we need to see where gl ends up this yr. And if public will take it. And with nolan's batman ending and superman restarting and needing to get focused on and get right. There is just so many factors against a jl happening I say. Plus with them not doing a joint verse like marvel is trying and if they wanted to use actors from film it will be a mess trying to get it to mesh all together.

Director this thread has evovled past the romur of welling as supes before cavill been cast. To be more of a place to talk about the reboot for folks who don't head over to the superman reboot section of shh.

ummmmm, shouldn't this thread be closed, since it's not a rumor anymore since Cavill is now Superman?
We're living in denial and we're scared to go into the actual Superman board because SV/Welling fans are not treated with respect over there, or so I've been told. :o:oldrazz:

We're living in denial and we're scared to go into the actual Superman board because SV/Welling fans are not treated with respect over there, or so I've been told. :o:oldrazz:

Either are Durance fans. Erica is bring bashed like crazy to bolster Adams.

Yeah, a lot of die hard Superman fans are not a fans of Smallville. I don't understand it, it just is. And this thread shouldn't be closed. There are other aspects to look at.

Again Welling is still WB/DC's first choice for playing Superman. It's Welling that turned the movies down, not the other way around and the people bashing Welling and Durance need to unsderstand that.

I'll bet dollars to donuts if Welling got up tomorrow and said he changed his mind and he's now willing to play Supes in a movie he'd either get Justice Leauge or they'd find a way to concel the current project before it gets to much further.

well like i said this thread has became more then just a welling for the reboot thread. We have turned it more into a thread to discuss news on the reboot. For folks who may or may not go over to the supes board section of the hype. I know some dont go there or folks havent been there in awhile. So its just another place to talk about things.

Yeah, a lot of die hard Superman fans are not a fans of Smallville. I don't understand it, it just is. And this thread shouldn't be closed. There are other aspects to look at.

Again Welling is still WB/DC's first choice for playing Superman. It's Welling that turned the movies down, not the other way around and the people bashing Welling and Durance need to unsderstand that.

I'll bet dollars to donuts if Welling got up tomorrow and said he changed his mind and he's now willing to play Supes in a movie he'd either get Justice Leauge or they'd find a way to concel the current project before it gets to much further.

Look, I'm a fan of Welling and Smallville and have watched the show from the first episode. He seems a great guy in real life and I love his take on the Clark Kent/Blur character.

And I'm also a Superman fan, and have enjoyed ALL the movies.

But let's not kid ourselves. Snyder has said Cavill was his first choice, and Manganiello his second. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Welling is still 'WB/DC's first choice for playing Superman'. If they wanted Welling bad enough, they would have got him, one way or another. There was nothing to suggest he was even in the running for this movie. And after this Superman movie is released, there is virtually no chance they're going to muddy the waters and go with yet another actor if they decide to have Superman appear in a Justice League movie - in all likelihood, it will be Cavill.

Welling has played the character for 10 years and done it great justice on TV, and that time is coming to an end now - he was just never meant to do it on film. Move on people.

Here's a :dry: "rumor". I wrote "rumor" since it comes from comicbookmovie.

According to my source at the WB, Zach Snyder is keen to feature Welling in the movie in some form, and has ordered Goyer to include a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo from the current man of steel. The cameo will reportedly show Tom as a reporter at the Daily Planet, who will clumsily bump into Cavill's Clark Kent, who will subsequently ask if the two know each other. Tom's character will say no, smile and walk away.

My source is as yet unsure if Tom has even been contacted about the role, but Snyder is adamant for it to happen. This news comes hot on the hells of Snyder's interview with FOX ALL ACCESS, in which he thanked Smallville for keeping Superman alive.

Reminds me of the Clark cameo in Batman Begins rumor.

Phil Morris just posted this on Twitter and I totally agree with him:

"thephilmorris I still say that we should use the characters on Smallville for the Justice League movie. It would kill, and the fans would die! Too much? "

I also still feel that they should use the Smallville versions of the Justice League for an upcoming movie. That's really where Smallville was heading anyway besides the Superman mythos. :super:

Would be nice and its cool when we get vameos of formrr supes folks in other supes project. But I agree itsba very silly rumor.

Here's a :dry: "rumor". I wrote "rumor" since it comes from comicbookmovie.

Reminds me of the Clark cameo in Batman Begins rumor.
Sounds like bull from a wishful fan thinking if the rumor grows, it will actually happen.

Look, I'm a fan of Welling and Smallville and have watched the show from the first episode. He seems a great guy in real life and I love his take on the Clark Kent/Blur character.

And I'm also a Superman fan, and have enjoyed ALL the movies.

But let's not kid ourselves. Snyder has said Cavill was his first choice, and Manganiello his second. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Welling is still 'WB/DC's first choice for playing Superman'. If they wanted Welling bad enough, they would have got him, one way or another. There was nothing to suggest he was even in the running for this movie. And after this Superman movie is released, there is virtually no chance they're going to muddy the waters and go with yet another actor if they decide to have Superman appear in a Justice League movie - in all likelihood, it will be Cavill.

Welling has played the character for 10 years and done it great justice on TV, and that time is coming to an end now - he was just never meant to do it on film. Move on people.

Actually a few years ago I met someone that knows Branden Routh (has worked with him) and they told me that he said he only got the role because Welling turned it down. The origional plan was to end the show in saeson 5 and go into Superman movies staring Welling.

As most fans I thought that all that stuff was done when SR came out and the show continued on, but when I met John Schneider 2 years ago he told me the WB guys (even after SR) were contantly going up to him and asking him to do the movies. And that was backed up last year when I met James Marsters.

I'm just stating what I have heard. Maybe Welling wasn't Nolan's first choice, but I believe he's WB/DC fist choice and they own the rights and pay the bills.
Just Saying...

Hey Guys!

Hope all is well! I dont post much anymore but I did read this link over in the Superman forum and figured you might all want to see it..

Could I be that two SUPERMEN might be showing up in 2013 lol.

If so cue the "Here we go Again" Part 5: Welling rumors.... LOL check it out....

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2011/03/3...th-his-superman-or-christopher-nolans-batman/
Haha, even when Smallville ends, and a new Superman franchise is beginning, there is already something that will make people speculate as to whether Tom will ever don the costume in theaters.

You know if they want to do a Justice League movie not related to the solo movies. Hello most people love the Smallville version & that is your cast right there

Hey Guys!

Hope all is well! I dont post much anymore but I did read this link over in the Superman forum and figured you might all want to see it..

Could I be that two SUPERMEN might be showing up in 2013 lol.

If so cue the "Here we go Again" Part 5: Welling rumors.... LOL check it out....

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2011/03/3...th-his-superman-or-christopher-nolans-batman/

Not going to read that. All I know is Cavill already looks more like Superman (not having played him yet) and his vocal tone sounds more mature than Tom's. There would be no reason to see anyone in near future besides him play Superman on screen.

Yeah, but he said the JL movie would have nothing to do with his or Nolan's universes, so why would they use the same actor to play Superman in a different version?

Personally, I think this might be Justice League Mortal all over again. All we need is a report from IESB.net going on television to declare that Tom is playing Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"