"Here We Go Again" Part 4: New Welling As Superman Rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be dumb to have Superman in 2 franchises with the same time period, being played by different actors. It would confuse some, and annoy those who want what they consider the real actor for the role.

It would be dumb to have Superman in 2 franchises with the same time period, being played by different actors. It would confuse some, and annoy those who want what they consider the real actor for the role.

Especially now that for the most part the fan boys have their favorite Batman & now favorite Superman. Why ruin whats good ?

With the Justice league film being announced and plans to have a different Superman it seems the Welling rumours will never go anywhere. Being linked with a part for over a decade is incredible when you think about it.

Especially now that for the most part the fan boys have their favorite Batman & now favorite Superman. Why ruin whats good ?
Fanboys: I'll take "for the most part"
Alex: Your first choice for one and diiiiiiiistant second choice for the other.
Fanboys: What is having your favorite

You know what would be semi interesting? If WB did a DTV animated movie based on Smallville set after the show ends.

I don't know why some are complaining about having a second Superman, when it was also mentioned that there would be another Batman as well. And unless Ryan Reynold's GL or the new WW world is the same, then we might be getting new heroes entirely.

saw the new news about the possible jl film this morning. this is jlm mess all over again. personally i hope it doesnt pan out. it would be a mistake to have conflicting/different film versions going at same time. would be damaginig to snyder/cavill's superman, reynolds's green lantern(if sequel happens). Plus really if gl and superman reboot are huge successes it would be smarter to use said actors in the film. to help get folks to see the film. I personally hope the film doesnt happen as this. or if it does some major changes happen like get returning actors as said roles, and maybe hold off to at least 2015.

Hopefully Welling in the Justice League movie (which actually makes sense given that SV was becoming more of a JL show lately than a solo Superman show) will be the consolation prize for us fans who always wanted to see him a movie.
If this happaned it would prove that Warner Bros. isn't that stupid and knows how much the fans want Welling to be Superman but prove they are too afraid of the Almighty Nolan (I'm not gonna mention Snyder because it's pretty apparent who's running the show) and tell him that they would want Welling to star in his movie.

Hopefully Welling in the Justice League movie (which actually makes sense given that SV was becoming more of a JL show lately than a solo Superman show) will be the consolation prize for us fans who always wanted to see him a movie.
If this happaned it would prove that Warner Bros. isn't that stupid and knows how much the fans want Welling to be Superman but prove they are too afraid of the Almighty Nolan (I'm not gonna mention Snyder because it's pretty apparent who's running the show) and tell him that they would want Welling to star in his movie.

I agree that it should be TW as Superman for the Justice League movie and SV was leading more into the Justice League than just Superman himself. I could care less if it was a continuation of Smallville or not. :super:

I agree that it should be TW as Superman for the Justice League movie and SV was leading more into the Justice League than just Superman himself. I could care less if it was a continuation of Smallville or not. :super:

I'm with ya.

It is funny that when I mentioned that Brandon Routh should be given a chance again as Justice League Superman, many posters were angry even hostile to the idea.

I thought so because Henry Cavill is not very tall enough to have a commanding presence that Superman should have among other JL members. Imagine Supes dwarfed by Aquaman and Green Arrow, not to speak of a Taller Batman !

I agree that it should be TW as Superman for the Justice League movie

I would welcome Tom Welling, Or Brandon Routh or even Joe Maganeillo as Supes.

and SV was leading more into the Justice League than just Superman himself. I could care less if it was a continuation of Smallville or not. :super:

I am totally against extending the Smallville Universe into movie world. No to continuation of Smallville .

As great as it would be I doubt tom or crap routh would be option. Either the jl film will get delayed to a later time. Or if gl and supes(cavill) hit big with fans they will chance the different continuity crap.

I'm all for it. I don't care if the general public is confused. The only people who will be upset are fanboys who have to explain the situation to their non-fanboy friends, who ultimately don't give a damn. I say bring it on. Oh yeah, and give the role to Welling. Let him make that money that he deserves.

WB Should Give The JLA Superman Role To Him Already.

I, for one, am tired of all the apologizing and giving into the folks that don't want a JL movie, or Welling in a Superman movie, or the Nolanites/Batman fans that don't believe that he should work with the JLA because he's so "realistic". He's just as fake as every other comic book character. There is absolutely no way, shape or form that Batman can exist in real life. None. Get over it. He fights with aliens, magicians, spirits and mystical beings. Always has, always will. This movie needs to be done, I don't care if there are 2 different actors playing Superman and GL or three playing Batman. The DC universe has more than just those three characters, lets get them in movies. Introduce Flash MM and WW in the JL if you're worried about them carrying their own films. To hell with overkill and confusion. At least we'll see live action versions of the characters we've been reading about all our lives. Its about time.

I am annoyed at Nolan's "supposed" ban on his Batman being used in a JL or even a Supes team up movie. He will have finished his trilogy. And Marvel seems to be doing it with no problem. Its a real shame that Warner cannot get its act together to get a decent JL movie made. On a similar note. Bale has not said he is personally done with Batman. He just said that Nolan was done and he assumed he was also. So if Warner wanted to use Bats in a JL movie. I am sure they could get Bale. They also could give Nolan some kind of position to make sure "his version" of Bats is handled right.

Just the whole thing is a mess. Wb still doesn't seem to get that they are doing it wrong.

It is funny that when I mentioned that Brandon Routh should be given a chance again as Justice League Superman, many posters were angry even hostile to the idea.

Not sure why this surprises you? BR along with Singer produced a lifeless, boring Superman movie. Why would anyone want to see anything from that continue?

I thought so because Henry Cavill is not very tall enough to have a commanding presence that Superman should have among other JL members. Imagine Supes dwarfed by Aquaman and Green Arrow, not to speak of a Taller Batman !

I would welcome Tom Welling, Or Brandon Routh or even Joe Maganeillo as Supes.

I am totally against extending the Smallville Universe into movie world. No to continuation of Smallville .
Outside of SV forums, from what I've seen people like the idea of Routh getting a chance in another Superman film. It seems he was liked by the majority of Superman fans but did not get put into the right type of film. SR was just a bad story for a guy who pulled off a decent Superman.

I am annoyed at Nolan's "supposed" ban on his Batman being used in a JL or even a Supes team up movie. He will have finished his trilogy. And Marvel seems to be doing it with no problem. Its a real shame that Warner cannot get its act together to get a decent JL movie made. On a similar note. Bale has not said he is personally done with Batman. He just said that Nolan was done and he assumed he was also. So if Warner wanted to use Bats in a JL movie. I am sure they could get Bale. They also could give Nolan some kind of position to make sure "his version" of Bats is handled right.

Thats How It Could Work.

Wouldn't be dumb if it got Tom on the bigscreen. It's the biggest injustice to Superman that it hasn't happened.

I've a feeling Synder's film is going to miss the mark with audiences anyway so this could be a good back-up if that fails.

Outside of SV forums, from what I've seen people like the idea of Routh getting a chance in another Superman film. It seems he was liked by the majority of Superman fans but did not get put into the right type of film. SR was just a bad story for a guy who pulled off a decent Superman.
Routh was awfull. Complete plank of wood. A quote from a friend that acts after he saw Scott Pilgram "man, don't watch it. Brandon Routh makes me want to give up acting". And that's not because he's so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"