Hero to Villain

Explain how that would 'uber suck'

ShadowBoxing said:
X-Men villains rarely attempt to kill people. And Colossus did end up fighting the X-Men a few times while on the Acolytes.

Remember comics are "still for kids" and tend not to see Hitlers or Mansons all over the place.

Actually the Acolytes were killing ppl. Senyaka and the others murdered a hospital full of ppl, then Senyaka's life ended with Magneto killing him in a brutal fasion. This happened at the time Colossus joined the Acolytes.

Comics aren't still for kids, if they ever were past the 60's. In the 70's ppl like Spidey and Hulk were named in magazines as influential ppl, Punisher uses guns, comics have tackled serious topics. Things like Spiderman adventures or something are aimed at kids, Ultimates at adults, and 616 universe is more teens on up (at the least aimed at a mix audience of kids to adults, not soley kids) with things like the recent Goliath getting a hole blown in his chest and political talk. Wish ppl would stop saying comics are for kids :(.

Anyway when I think of a villain I think of someone out to stop the hero's willing to go to extremes if need be to do it, while a hero is doing the right thing and not willing to do what the villain is. Like Magneto and Xavier, Xavier is willing to take being crapped on by the ppl he's trying to save because he knows violence breeds violence and hurts his cause, Magneto believes his ppl are superior and is willing to kill to give them a better life as he has killed in the past. Both of their philosphies aren't necessarily wrong as mutants should have equal rights and not have to register, but Magneto's willing to go to extremes to accomplish it.

What I mean is I would think a Colossus without remorse, sinister and so on would make an interesting villain. Colossus as an Acolyte didn't hate the X-Men and conisdered most friends, he just lost faith in Xavier's path and was confused over his sisters death. Sry didn't make that more clear, my fault. When I say I thought it'd be interesting to see him a villain I meant full blown 'gonna mess someone up' villanry, not confused lost Colossus who refused to go to the extremes Magneto would have asked of him. Again this is for fun, I'd hate to see Colossus ruined and it doesn't fit his character.

FadingCB said:
Actually the Acolytes were killing ppl. Senyaka and the others murdered a hospital full of ppl, then Senyaka's life ended with Magneto killing him in a brutal fasion. This happened at the time Colossus joined the Acolytes.

Comics aren't still for kids, if they ever were past the 60's. In the 70's ppl like Spidey and Hulk were named in magazines as influential ppl, Punisher uses guns, comics have tackled serious topics. Things like Spiderman adventures or something are aimed at kids, Ultimates at adults, and 616 universe is more teens on up (at the least aimed at a mix audience of kids to adults, not soley kids) with things like the recent Goliath getting a hole blown in his chest and political talk. Wish ppl would stop saying comics are for kids :(.

Comics are "for kids" in the sense that comic worlds will always have that idealic, unrealistic, fantasy element to them. No matter how violent or over the top you make them, you always tend to have the hero win and be right.

Of course you should also note that the "quotations" generally mean something is not literal.

SouLeSS said:
Spiderman with the Symbiote.

I would prefer that it was the 'Other', his spider persona that emerged and was in control because he almost got killed AGAIN and the spider decided it had enough of that crap. The symbiote thing would kinda be a rehash.

ShadowBoxing said:
Comics are "for kids" in the sense that comic worlds will always have that idealic, unrealistic, fantasy element to them. No matter how violent or over the top you make them, you always tend to have the hero win and be right.

Of course you should also note that the "quotations" generally mean something is not literal.

Well it's not that I didn't understand you didn't flat out mean only for kids, but I thought u were hinting that u thought they were aiming them for kids.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I disagree with that, because in that sense everything is aimed that way. Everything from 90% of movies, to TV series, and even most horror movies have elements of hope, and the hero winning in the end set in almost fantasy settings. Take, let's say the new battlestar Galactica series on Sci-Fi. It's aimed at adults more than anything, has violence and such and adult issues, and the human race almost extinct. Yet it also has idealistic messages of hope and humanity needing to work together, set in a fantasy setting, and in the end the good guys have to win. I see what you mean, and you may be right, I just don't see it that way myself.

K lol, sry for the derailment, done on that particular issue and sry I read you wrong.

Nick Fury would be the best villan ever. i just see him have no prob. killing a guy for his mistake and then going on as if it were normal. like vader in ESB.

Sloth7d said:
Isn't Gambit apart of the four horsemen now?
I haven't been reading X-men lately, but I heard he serves Apocalypes as death.

Yea but that situation was so badly done i can't help but forget it ever or is happening :(.

Joseph

No wait, I mean Emma Frost

:( :csad:

why not captian america as a villian?

Mistress Gluon said:
Though, who do I think would make an AWESOME villan? Spider-Man. His life is ****, and really, he should've snapped LOOOOONG ago.

**** YES.

And no 'the symbiote controls him' or 'the other makes him evil' horse****.

Just all of a sudden, dude up and goes like, "Okay you know what? Responsibility is for jerks, with Great Power comes me getting mother****ing paid!"

FadingCB said:
What I mean is I would think a Colossus without remorse, sinister and so on would make an interesting villain. Colossus as an Acolyte didn't hate the X-Men and conisdered most friends, he just lost faith in Xavier's path and was confused over his sisters death. Sry didn't make that more clear, my fault. When I say I thought it'd be interesting to see him a villain I meant full blown 'gonna mess someone up' villanry, not confused lost Colossus who refused to go to the extremes Magneto would have asked of him. Again this is for fun, I'd hate to see Colossus ruined and it doesn't fit his character.
IA. Just bc he was an Acolyte did NOT make him a villian. He just changed his viewpoints. He wasnt out waging war and fighting humanity like the group. He stood as the voice of reason and tried to be a peacemaker among them. He was still a good person.

fifthfiend said:
**** YES.

And no 'the symbiote controls him' or 'the other makes him evil' horse****.

Just all of a sudden, dude up and goes like, "Okay you know what? Responsibility is for jerks, with Great Power comes me getting mother****ing paid!"

So I guess Sam Jackson is gonna play Spider-man in Spider-man 3?

Sloth7d said:
Thats what I liked about spiderman though. No matter how s***y the world treaats him he always finds a way to push foward and do the right thing. To make him evil is complete character assassination.
If he ever becomes evil willingly, I will never read spiderman comics again. EVER!

I agree, that's the cool thing about Spider-Man. But if there were ever a hero that would make the awesome transition, and make sense of it, it would be him. Him or Matt Murdock. Or possibly Mr. Rand pretending to be Murdock, so Murdock can say he's not evil.

3dman27 said:
why not captian america as a villian?

Wanna see a senseless fight with no end?

Captain America is already a villan by the way he distracts the true hero's of the SHRA from doing their jobs, rather than doing the right thing and simply taking a political platform against it.

Mistress Gluon said:
I agree, that's the cool thing about Spider-Man. But if there were ever a hero that would make the awesome transition, and make sense of it, it would be him. Him or Matt Murdock. Or possibly Mr. Rand pretending to be Murdock, so Murdock can say he's not evil.
Nope it would still suck and I'd hate marvel forever.
Sorry. But Spideys my number one hero because he never goes down the dark path. No matter how tuff things get. He always finds a way to solve the problem or win the fight without going evil(The other doesn't count though. We can all agree how stupid it was, right?) As a kid I always liked that best about him and that hasn't changed now. If he suddenly became this evil guy, I will never read his series again. But thats just me.:spidey:

So, there's like 3 people agreeing that Spidey should turn bad? If we get Leaguer in here it would be 4? That's, like, the character that has had the most requests in this thread?

Tropico said:
So, there's like 3 people agreeing that Spidey should turn bad? If we get Leaguer in here it would be 4? That's, like, the character that has had the most requests in this thread?
I wouldn't want to see Spidey turn bad. I agree with someone way back on the first page: Dr. Strange would be a badass villain.

ElectroFlare said:
So I guess Sam Jackson is gonna play Spider-man in Spider-man 3?

Naw naw, you gotta think sort of Edward Norton in Fight Club, this skinny white dude who's all wrapped up doing every damn thing anyone expects of him and finally he's like **** this nonsense, it's all about me.

Mistress Gluon said:
Wanna see a senseless fight with no end?

Captain America is already a villan by the way he distracts the true hero's of the SHRA from doing their jobs, rather than doing the right thing and simply taking a political platform against it.
thats sarcasm right?

WeaponZ2 said:
Wolverine would be intresting.

Been done already, in the Enemy of the State, arc. And in the Apocalypse; 12 ,saga in which he was turned into one of the horsemen.

ShadowBoxing said:

For example; The Watchmen *sarcasm*

Exiles issue #23. End of Debate.

Iron Man WILL succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"