Hidden - Discussion Thread(Spoilers)

The Sage said:
Too bad they couldn't squeeze a Pieta in there. You know, the Michaelangelo sculpture of Mary holding Jesus' body.

They've already had a pieta, in the third season ep Slumber.

No allegories, just a shot for Triplet, Serene, Pat, and the keepers of the Drooling thread. :p

The Sage said:
No allegories, just a shot for Triplet, Serene, Pat, and the keepers of the Drooling thread. :p

Thanks!

:D

That's a keeper! :up:

When I saw this one, I felt..inspired to do this. :p

great episode (cept for lana's non stop blathering). I give this epi an 8.

only one question: Clark died in jeans and a pale blue tshirt... then back at the fortress, he's got nice clean clothes: his red jacket and royal blue tshirt again. Did " Lion'El " do a quick trip to Clark's room on the way to the hospital?

Superfreak said:
great episode (cept for lana's non stop blathering). I give this epi an 8.

only one question: Clark died in jeans and a pale blue tshirt... then back at the fortress, he's got nice clean clothes: his red jacket and royal blue tshirt again. Did " Lion'El " do a quick trip to Clark's room on the way to the hospital?

He actually had hospital gowns on, or pyjamas when he died. I think the redressing was for visual effects more so than an actual changing of garments.

I've just rewatched it, and I think Lana told us in the dying scene why her and Clark dont end up together.

She wont be able to handle the stress of what will happen to him everytime he's off saving the world.

avidreader said:
I've just rewatched it, and I think Lana told us in the dying scene why her and Clark dont end up together.

She wont be able to handle the stress of what will happen to him everytime he's off saving the world.

Excellent point... I didn't think of that.

That's basically why Lana didn't follow Clark to Metropolis in Jeph Loeb's Superman For All Seasons, if I remember that correctly.

triplet said:
Excellent point... I didn't think of that.

That's basically why Lana didn't follow Clark to Metropolis in Jeph Loeb's Superman For All Seasons, if I remember that correctly.

I think you're right.

Umm, she was crying b/c Clark had just died in front of her eyes. How could anyone close to him handle that? I don't think that's the main reason they will split apart, although it could be one of them. But her crying and sobbing and everything wasn't supposed to be some subtle hint to the future from the writers, it was what it was: her devastated over his death.

tonytr1687 said:
Umm, she was crying b/c Clark had just died in front of her eyes. How could anyone close to him handle that? I don't think that's the main reason they will split apart, although it could be one of them. But her crying and sobbing and everything wasn't supposed to be some subtle hint to the future from the writers, it was what it was: her devastated over his death.

It wasnt the crying, duh? It was what she said. "All those times I pulled away, it was because I knew this moment would happen".

Alright I saw it. It was a pretty good ep, probably one of the best written since season 3.

I liked the guy who played the villian. The actor usually plays stereotypically geeky/weirdo roles, this was out of the box for him and he did a good job.

Chloe still annoys the bad place out of me....if it were up to me she'd be the sacrifice, since Pa Kent, Ma Kent and Lana are too pivitol to the Mythos at this point. Jor-el can *not* be the sacrifice...as he is already DEAD. All thats left of him is just his memories and will stored in some sort of program (hopefully it ties in with Eradicator in the future).

I wonder how Clark got his clothes back when he was teleported to the Fortress?

I like the fact Lex is confident Clark isnt human... I hope he stands by this belief this time and doesnt waver. It may not have been like this in the comics but its an interesting take for an "Ultimate Superman"-like scenario where Lex is pretty much aware of Clark being an extra terrestrial.

I dont think Lana, however, should ever know Clarks secret. They kind of included the traditional element of Clark telling Lana his secret at the end of high school into the Chloe character who is a representation of the comic portrayal of Lana Lang anyways. Id rather the Smallville Lana fall to the darkside with Lex...its a interesting unique twist and would make her character more watchable.

John Glover plays a good Jorel but this cant go on forever. I tired of Lionel being a pawn and a tool. Sent to prison, got cancer, got memories erased, got cured, got released, turned good (totally pointless), turned back to evil again, got messed up with the stone in a trance, and now hes really Jorel pretending to be Lionel.

avidreader said:
It wasnt the crying, duh? It was what she said. "All those times I pulled away, it was because I knew this moment would happen".
We know from Scare that Lana's greatest fears involve losing the people she loves. Having her parents killed before her eyes when she was young was probably a factor in this. This is reinforced by what she said way back in season one, when Clark asked her why she was with Whitney... "because he makes me feel safe." Lana has a few.. security issues.

I agree with you avid. To me her words reveal how deeply she loves Clark, so much so that she can't handle the possibility of losing him because it's just too painful for her.

avidreader said:

Oh my bad. I just assumed when you all said 'reaction to his death' you just meant her overall behavior, meaning the crying and stuff. You're right I forgot about that line, but wasn't Clark's secrecy the reason she pulled away? I don't think they ever particularly touched upon a concern for his safety in past episodes.

first and foremost, clark DID NOT fly. he jumped. if he flew, they would've made a big deal out of it, clark in disbelief, telling his parents when they asked him about the rocket, and so forth. none of that was in the episode. he jumped, the way he took off at the start of last season and last night episode had some similiarties , yes, but other things showed this one was a jump. his arm movement and also the fact that it was an arc, not straight upwards like in the other episode is incontrovertible information that shows he didn't fly. an arc shows gravity still has an effect on you, which is not the case if you're flying. and once again, if he did fly, they would've definitely made a big deal out of it.

i don't get why people say jor-el is still posessing lionel now. there's no proof whatsoever at the end of the episode that shows this. i think lionel's back and like jor-el said, he can pop in anytime.
clark will always be an alien, it's pretty dumb how the writers are over using the word human. human = from earth. clark is not from earth, he's an alien with or without his powers. i still don't get how jor-el, who is dead by the way, can snap his fingers anytime and remove clark's powers, and also make it so that a HUMAN, lionel, can have superpowers when he gets possessed.

Its because Millar is writing Jorel as some all powerful immortal god. The Smallville version of a Spectre-like character almost.

galmorzu said:
Couple of things first off.

1) Is there any way, any where, to download the, "Am I Dead?" clip? Not the audio, but the visual as well.

2) Concerning the life that must be exchanged for Clarks, isn't it possible (sorry if this has been said) that Jor-El is going to give up his own life force in self-sacrifice for his own son?

Listen to that clip of Jor-el/Lionel talking to Clark again, and listen to the pain in his own voice. Jor-El might have finally done the one thing that will prove he trully is a good guy by sacrificing himself for his own son's life, instead of just taking the life of someone else. Nothing else could better show viewers just how much Jor-El really loves his son than this act.

Jor-El isn't floating about in the movies any more is he? Nope, all Clark has left are his holograms. Listen to Jor-El's last words to Clark as well. "Always know..that I love you." There's real pain in that voice, the same you would expect a parent to express to their child when they know they don't have much longer left with them.

It would probably crush Clark to realize his biological father would end his own existance because of the love for his son. Clark would lose his last real tie to his heritage, and it would be his fault, but seeing the self-sacrifice of his father would be a deeply painful reminder of his responsibility to the world, and would also teach him about the power of self sacrifice as well.

In the end, the only way Clark will know his father will be through the holograms at the FoS, and it was only through his own selfish decision that he is no longer able to speak directly with his father anymore.

Very sad, and extremely powerful stuff, me thinks.
That would be great dramatic turn but at the end of the episode Clark was blaming himself that he should had listened and he does'nt know of the real threat - Brainiac

these last three episodes have been far better than all of last season... :up:

next week's episode looks great too. i really hope the writers keep this up.

the only part of the episode that i hate is how jor-el still seems kind of evil to me. what kind of tough love is this where he is basically killing one of his son's loved ones?? i really detest the Smallville version of Jor-el.

but i do LOVE their Lana Lang... :up:

PLEASE, no more angst. :mad:

isn't it kind of funny that clark will be shirtless next week for his beach/swimming scenes with Aquaman? lana is definitely just ignoring the signs and is just happy that clark is back.

cheungcheung said:
these last three episodes have been far better than all of last season... :up:

next week's episode looks great too. i really hope the writers keep this up.

the only part of the episode that i hate is how jor-el still seems kind of evil to me. what kind of tough love is this where he is basically killing one of his son's loved ones?? i really detest the Smallville version of Jor-el.

but i do LOVE their Lana Lang... :up:

PLEASE, no more angst. :mad:

isn't it kind of funny that clark will be shirtless next week for his beach/swimming scenes with Aquaman? lana is definitely just ignoring the signs and is just happy that clark is back.

For now Lana is so happy to be with Clark that she doesn't care about his secrets anymore. But I think that's about to change with the route they're taking concerning Lex and his possible get-together with Lana.

tonytr1687 said:
For now Lana is so happy to be with Clark that she doesn't care about his secrets anymore. But I think that's about to change with the route they're taking concerning Lex and his possible get-together with Lana.

I dont see Lex & Lana being in a relationship at all, anytime soon. She is really starting to hate him.

boyscouT said:
I dont see Lex & Lana being in a relationship at all, anytime soon. She is really starting to hate him.

But she did hate Clark all through last season...then BAM, prom and they were all lovey dovey again. Teenagers...go fig.:confused: :)

Brainiac 8 said:
But she did hate Clark all through last season...then BAM, prom and they were all lovey dovey again. Teenagers...go fig.:confused: :)

I honestly think the "hate" she had for Clark and the "hate" she has for Lex are on two TOTALLY different levels.

if handled correctly, i can see lana having a relationship with lex. but it shouldn't be like the love she has/had with clark..

she should merely be a pawn in lex's master plan.. being used to piss clark off.

lol, the start of the show was really entertaining. when they showed clark in bed, i was like "hmm, i'm suprised they didn't show him waking up with lana", then BAM, the camera pans out and shows lana then the hilarity ensued from me.

wow, the show has really come a long way since the first season. who would've ever thought they would show clark and lana waking up in bed together?! someone tuning in for the first time would definitely not be able to fully absorb that scene, how much clark and lana had been through. truly is a coming of age story.
who knows how big smallville would be now if it had started on NBC or CBS? the WB should've promoted the bad place out of the show 4 years ago when it started, because it would really be paying off now.

My favourite episode since 'Run' I think.....Certainly the best of the season so far in my eyes....And I have enjoyed this season.

I felt this episode had me smiling from the opening scene, to the last. Sometimes I wish Smallville writers would tell stories over over a certain amount of episodes, and I think with this whole nuclear thing and Clark getting shot/FOS etc, they could've and should've, but I guess that might get classified as dragging out a story...not mention probably costing more for what scenes they would've added.

Still, I'll give the ep a 9 out of 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"