Hidden - Discussion Thread(Spoilers)

boyscouT said:
I dont see Lex & Lana being in a relationship at all, anytime soon. She is really starting to hate him.

You may not see it yet, but it's probably gonna happen. The writers have practically flat-out told us. I can see it happening too. Lana has always wanted to know about Clark secrets just like Lex, and I think that common goal between the two will bring them together. Lex has already started to convince her with that scene towards the end of Hidden. Although as of now, yes Lana does seem to dislike Lex quite a bit. Not really sure why since he hasn't exactly done anything particularly bad towards her like he has Clark, but it's interesting how much can change in a little over one season. At the end of the Season 3 finale they were like best friends when he was seeing her off to Paris, and now Lana detests him. I miss the happy days when the big 3 were all friends.

One other thing, people think Lex is so evil already that he's gonna use Lana as a pawn? I actually think he has genuine feelings for her. It makes sense b/c she's the only girl he's ever been able to trust. All of the women in his life have either died or betrayed him and it's more often the latter. That's why we learned about all his one night stands in Bound. He does that b/c he knows the relationship will end badly. He doesn't trust any women...except Lana. I love how everything on the show has consequences.

Lana and Lex joining forces would be AWESOME. This Smallville version of Lana Lang is a totally new character...not at all based off the comic version (only their names are the same)... so itd be awesome if they took a unique and unpredictable direction with her.

Madk her an eventual enemy of Clark since Chloe (who pretty much as all the elements of the comic book Lana Lang) is Clarks confidant....no need for 2.

The Incredible Hulk said:
LOL It's so sad, I'm a 30 year old man wearing a Superman shirt (which ironically enough always happens to be "clean" on Thursday nights) and I'm jumping and screaming like an idiot. :o :supes:

It's nothing wrong with that Hulk. I'm right there with you. My father just recently passed away, and my younger brother and I bought a Superman shirt to go on under his clothes for him to be buried in. He was only 55 and just as much of a Superman fan as I am. I would always keep him updated on the new Superman movie and we talk Smallville. He bought me season 4 and season 3. We were suppose to sit on the couch together and watch the season 5 premier. But, I know he was there with me in spirit as my younger brother and I watched it together.

When Clark jumpted to catch the rocket, I screamed out like a little kid. LOL! :D I had to rewind it several times. This season is definitely shaping up very well.

Zing79 said:
Not to be a *****e bag here….but:

I know when it cut to commercial after Clark had Lana in his arms you THOUGHT the show was over -- but you see, there was a bunch of stuff that came AFTER that commercial break. Like for instance a nice conversation between Lex and Lana questioning the absurdity of a miracle rebirth.

Maybe next week we can wait till the show actually ends -- seem like a plan?

Lex and Lana questioning the absurdity of a miracle rebirth..........exactly, they explained it as being a miracle, just like I said in my post. Since you were obviously unable to proces what I said, I'll be clearer. Clark has this miracle, yet people, especially lex, don't put two and two together and figure out in the future that Clark is Superman, hence the ridiculous expectation of suspension of disbelief. And FYI your disclaimer for not being a *****e bag was pointless, you ended up being one anyway.

Something interesting...

vlcsnap46028567nw.jpg

vlcsnap50076951tq.jpg

The Sage said:
Something interesting...
LOL! :up:

*cough*

AgentPat said:
BTW, looks like Glover did his homework. Anybody else notice how he's standing in that scene? Look where his hands are. Look familiar?
smug.gif

*cough*MarlonBrando*cough*
(Post #152) :D

LexLuthor said:
It's nothing wrong with that Hulk. I'm right there with you. My father just recently passed away, and my younger brother and I bought a Superman shirt to go on under his clothes for him to be buried in. He was only 55 and just as much of a Superman fan as I am. I would always keep him updated on the new Superman movie and we talk Smallville. He bought me season 4 and season 3. We were suppose to sit on the couch together and watch the season 5 premier. But, I know he was there with me in spirit as my younger brother and I watched it together.

When Clark jumpted to catch the rocket, I screamed out like a little kid. LOL! :D I had to rewind it several times. This season is definitely shaping up very well.

Thanks, and I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. He sounded like a really cool guy. :up:

LexLuthor said:

:( sorry to hear that about your Father.
What was his take on the New Superman Film?

Well this EP was very good,I'm not happy that Clark died.
How is that Jor'el is so Powerful?
How can he give and take away Krytonian DNA?

Billy Batson said:
Well this EP was very good,I'm not happy that Clark died.
How is that Jor'el is so Powerful?
How can he give and take away Krytonian DNA?

That's a good question. I'd say that being as technologically advanced as they are, Kryptonians most likely do indeed have ways to alter DNA.

In any case it's a lot easier to explain than the idiots in Smallville not realizing Clark is Superman later on, first with the glasses thing, and now with Clark's miraculous rising from the dead. I love the show, but like I said, it's relying way too much on "suspension of disbelief".

LexLuthor said:

Condolences to you, Lex. I think it's so great that you buried him in a Superman shirt.

You'd think somewhere, at some point in the future, ONE of the people that went to school with or lived around Clark would look at a photo of Superman and think,

"huh. This guy looks an awful lot like that Clark Kent I used to know. Except o' course, Clark was a dweeb."

Phantasm said:
I missed this episode.

It's seriously, and I'm not exaggerating, one of the best episodes ever.

It was some great TV... You'll have to try to catch when you can.

SuperNewGuy said:
That's a good question. I'd say that being as technologically advanced as they are, Kryptonians most likely do indeed have ways to alter DNA.

In any case it's a lot easier to explain than the idiots in Smallville not realizing Clark is Superman later on, first with the glasses thing, and now with Clark's miraculous rising from the dead. I love the show, but like I said, it's relying way too much on "suspension of disbelief".

what about the glasses thing? :confused:

As for worrying about whats going to happen later, why dont you wait until we see how they conclude the series before we start ripping what they've done?

In all honesty, youve got to have a giant suspension of disbelief when it comes to any incarnation of Superman, as his disguise just isnt realistic. Couple that with the fact Clark dates one of the worlds best investigative journlaist and Superman is enemies with one of the smartest people on Earth, and it gets even harder to fathom since anyone who's seen both of them would probably put 2 and 2 together and figure it out much less Lois and Lex.

The Sage said:
Something interesting...

vlcsnap46028567nw.jpg

vlcsnap50076951tq.jpg

LOL thats awesome.

I LOVE it when they throw the William's score in there...anybody else hear it while they were in the FOS??

Brainiac 8 said:
His death showed his immortality?:confused:

Yeah considering the fact that he is still ALIVE! Superman is a god and even in the comic books when he died, he didn't really die. Thus the immortality that is Superman/Clark Kent. He died as mortal but transcended back into his true self, the immortal being known as Superman and why is it if someone posts on here to say something, there are idiots like you to argue. Do you feel high and mighty making fun of geeks that are probably as big as a geek as you are or may be more of a geek. Get a life, man.:supes:

It's a message board, sometimes these crazy things called "discussions" break out, and sometimes people even tend to "disagree"...

It's some pretty trippy stuff I tell ya :up:

The Incredible Hulk said:
what about the glasses thing? :confused:

As for worrying about whats going to happen later, why dont you wait until we see how they conclude the series before we start ripping what they've done?

In all honesty, youve got to have a giant suspension of disbelief when it comes to any incarnation of Superman, as his disguise just isnt realistic. Couple that with the fact Clark dates one of the worlds best investigative journlaist and Superman is enemies with one of the smartest people on Earth, and it gets even harder to fathom since anyone who's seen both of them would probably put 2 and 2 together and figure it out much less Lois and Lex.

I think you know what I meant about the "glasses thing" - just one of those things about Clark, along with the others you mentioned that make it extremely hard to accept that nobody from Smallville figures that Clark is Superman. I realize there is a giant suspension of disbelief involved in the Superman world, but in a time when fanboys disect every little detail about characters, you'd think the writers wouldn't want to add yet another big thing that makes it that much harder to believe. I mean, jeez, these Smallville folks are going to see an indestructible guy flying around who looks amazingly like Clark, but still they'll be saying "remember back when that Kent boy died and came back to life? Wasn't that something!" I was honestly expecting Jor-el to bring Clark back in time after he died as sort of a "test as a human" thing, so he would have never died in the eyes of everyone else. But the way things are going, I think that the Smallville writers are leading up to a different Superman than the one we know, where everyone in Smallville, including Lex, WILL know that Superman is Clark and that Clark's alter ego will only be a secret to those outside of smallville. They've already changed so much in the Superman mythos, so I think having Clark's alternate identity be only a semi-secret in the future makes the most sense at this point. I'm open to whatever the writers come up with though, I think it's an awesome show. I'm not trying to rip on anybody, just sharing my opinion like everyone else here.

Descendant said:
Yeah considering the fact that he is still ALIVE! Superman is a god and even in the comic books when he died, he didn't really die. Thus the immortality that is Superman/Clark Kent. He died as mortal but transcended back into his true self, the immortal being known as Superman and why is it if someone posts on here to say something, there are idiots like you to argue. Do you feel high and mighty making fun of geeks that are probably as big as a geek as you are or may be more of a geek. Get a life, man.:supes:

Didn't mean to offend you or anything. I was just curious what your thought's on it were. I wanted you to explain what you meant by it. Yes, I am a geek also, with a daughter that I hope to raise as a Supes geek too. People on this board will tell you I don't make fun of others ideas in a serious manner, if I do I am completely joking. If you took it as me seriously making fun of you I am sorry.

Most of us should be too old for silliness like that. :up:

SuperNewGuy said:
Lex and Lana questioning the absurdity of a miracle rebirth..........exactly, they explained it as being a miracle, just like I said in my post. Since you were obviously unable to proces what I said, I'll be clearer. Clark has this miracle, yet people, especially lex, don't put two and two together and figure out in the future that Clark is Superman, hence the ridiculous expectation of suspension of disbelief. And FYI your disclaimer for not being a *****e bag was pointless, you ended up being one anyway.
Isn't your entire argument predicated on the fact that Lex WON'T know who Clark is in the future?
How can you know that? Show hasn't run its course yet. They're creating their own cannon for the Superman mythos, so theoretically he could do exactly what you assume he should be able to do. I once again get to tell you to WAIT to be shown the full picture before going off.

So previous ownage withdrawn…new pwning initiated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"