Hidden - Discussion Thread(Spoilers)

The Incredible Hulk said:
I see your points. Personally I just thought the clock wasnt needed, I thought there was enough tension with just the kid hacking at the nuke and figuring out how to launch it.

Oh and I cant really give out the name of the site, as it's new, and isnt finished yet. Should be immensely cool though, and up by the middle of the week.
Cool! keep us posted:)

Has anyone done this yet? Gif from the lift-off scene from hidden:
28819032766.gif

Direct link:
http://x10.putfile.com/10/28819032766.gif
AWESOME.:eek:

Hulk, I just went back and rewatched the scene with Chloe and Gabriel talking about the missile and computers and other stuff. Gabriel says to Chloe that the fail safe program was developed in 1979 and you dont need to be a genious to bypass it. Then he goes on about how he watched his dad every day for ten years. So whether the explanation is plausible, I dunno, but at least they explained it with some credibility.

rumpuso said:
I had a similar feeling about this scene when I first watched it. He opened his eyes and he looked so bright and alive

My thought was that he looked ethereal. Lana's words touched his heart, but he was already on his way out. The beatific smile was a perfect and heartwrenching touch to that scene.

avidreader said:
I kind of thought all that bit with Lionel/Jor-el was time suspended. To me, because Clark was dead, it happened outside of real time.

Same here.. I think time was suspended, just because that works for me, and it makes the story work just a little better.

Serene said:
My thought was that he looked ethereal. Lana's words touched his heart, but he was already on his way out. The beatific smile was a perfect and heartwrenching touch to that scene.
I completely, and absolutely agree with you. I didn't realize it at first, until the moment had passed. But, it was truly an incredible addition to that scene.

Serene said:
Same here.. I think time was suspended, just because that works for me, and it makes the story work just a little better.

Hey, whatever works. :)

Hulk, great review, my only thing is its not Tim Lester, its Richard Lester. Also, another religious nod is to Gabriel, angel of mercy/judgement, and he's even wearing all white.

Triplet, great review yourself, I liked that Clark didnt look like he was dying when Lana walked in, cuz it made the scene far more shocking to see him look at her seemingly full of life then just die.

darkzombiemutt said:
Triplet, great review yourself, I liked that Clark didnt look like he was dying when Lana walked in, cuz it made the scene far more shocking to see him look at her seemingly full of life then just die.

Thanks....I'm kinda getting raked over the coals over on the thread for my review on that. I woulda thunk the thumbsup on this episode woulda been more prevelant, but I guess not. Personally, I don't understand NOT loving this episode but I loved Spell and a lot of people hated that one.

*shrug*

To each his own.

You have a very interesting take on that scene, btw...

Me: I wanted to see him as mortal and he just didn't look it.

It didn't bother me as much on subsequent viewings, to be honest. However, I wrote the first draft of my review after the first viewing and decided to let that bit stay in since it was my initial gut reaction to that scene.

I think you need to consider the audience...

LOL!

True...

I don't mind disagreements, per se, but the bashing is just too much. My feelings aren't getting hurt, but it's counterproductive to the purpose of the thread: which is to discuss my reviews.

Not too much discussing going on except by me, to be honest.

*shrug*

I mean, the main reason I stopped reviewing at Tv Tome (which is now no more, it morphed to tv.com) is that I wasn't getting feedback so I guess I can't complain too much...

Craig is actually pretty indulgent with me letting me have my own thread on my reviews.

I'm with triplet on this one. I thought the glance Clark gave to Lana was fine, but I still couldn't shake the feeling that he just didn't look like a guy shot through the abdomen. Stabilised or not, they couldn't have had time to operate or fix him up properly. He would have been a mess.

jas01724 said:
I'm with triplet on this one. I thought the glance Clark gave to Lana was fine, but I still couldn't shake the feeling that he just didn't look like a guy shot through the abdomen. Stabilised or not, they couldn't have had time to operate or fix him up properly. He would have been a mess.

I had to go over to ksite to see what you were talking about regarding your review. You know you can pick 'em a mile away, teenage girls who absolutely despise everything Lana is. And that is the reason why someone would not have liked that episode.

I think your reviews are very objective and insightful, and if you ever need to vent of some steam after discussions over there, we'll make you feel better here.:)

I was reading some of the thread titles over there, :eek: didnt go into them as I can only imagine what is being said.

jas01724 said:

Hey come on, its Tom Welling.;)

triplet said:
LOL!

True...

I don't mind disagreements, per se, but the bashing is just too much. My feelings aren't getting hurt, but it's counterproductive to the purpose of the thread: which is to discuss my reviews.

Not too much discussing going on except by me, to be honest.

*shrug*

I mean, the main reason I stopped reviewing at Tv Tome (which is now no more, it morphed to tv.com) is that I wasn't getting feedback so I guess I can't complain too much...

Craig is actually pretty indulgent with me letting me have my own thread on my reviews.

I got your back over there, probably the first time I posted in that cess pool in about 6-7 months. It's amazing, and all together sad, how many people base their opinion of episodes on what Neal Bailey writes in a given week. No offense to Neal, he's a good guy and we've gone back and forth on emails about the show and he is pretty open-minded, and has even fessed up to things I've corrected him on in his reviews.

I dont know whether I should be disappointed or impressed that theyve actually spent time on a Superman website?

avidreader said:
I had to go over to ksite to see what you were talking about regarding your review. You know you can pick 'em a mile away, teenage girls who absolutely despise everything Lana is. And that is the reason why someone would not have liked that episode.

I think your reviews are very objective and insightful, and if you ever need to vent of some steam after discussions over there, we'll make you feel better here.:)

I was reading some of the thread titles over there, :eek: didnt go into them as I can only imagine what is being said.

It makes me see red sometimes some of the inane comments people make over there. I try to stick to the TW and fanfic forums for just that reason.

They want to make out that they're the end all and be all of Superman knowledge and they just aren't... some of their ideas on what Superman is about is amazing... Hulk sorta talked about that in a post a day or two ago.

I think for the most part it started out pretty well, but now that thread has degenerated into a "triplet is a biased Tommy lover, don't listen to a single thing she has to say, that episode blew!" sorta thing.

I told Craig going in that I was biased toward Tom and will probably find little fault with him ever, but he hired me anyway.

He was looking for a reviewer that didn't ship and I don't... Not really, anyway. Clark is happy=I'm happy.

I got your back over there, probably the first time I posted in that cess pool in about 6-7 months.

Thanks.

It's amazing, and all together sad, how many people base their opinion of episodes on what Neal Bailey writes in a given week. No offense to Neal, he's a good guy and we've gone back and forth on emails about the show and he is pretty open-minded, and has even fessed up to things I've corrected him on in his reviews.

I dont know whether I should be disappointed or impressed that theyve actually spent time on a Superman website?

I corrected him on something on Bound and he fessed up, but I think that is probably the last time I read one of his reviews... I just love the show too much to put myself through his diatribes on a weekly basis.

Well done Hulk. I assume your ManofSteel?

I probably shouldnt be saying this here, but I think Craig needs to keep a closer eye on some of these posters, they are really spoiling it for everyone else.

I caved and went into a thread called, This Episode was stupid and I'm never watching again. And I'm happy to report, most of the posters said, "bye see ya later, I thought this was one of the best episodes ever and it gets me more pumped for the season."

That guy on the Superman Homepage that reviews, does he kind of do in tongue in cheek or is he for real?

triplet said:
It makes me see red sometimes some of the inane comments people make over there. I try to stick to the TW and fanfic forums for just that reason.

They want to make out that they're the end all and be all of Superman knowledge and they just aren't... some of their ideas on what Superman is about is amazing... Hulk sorta talked about that in a post a day or two ago.

LOL I knew you were in for it when you made a negative comment about Allison Mack's acting in the scene where Clark got shot. :D

avidreader said:
Well done Hulk. I assume your ManofSteel?

Yeah unfortunately that's my SN over there. Isnt that just the lamest name you've ever seen? :D

I probably shouldnt be saying this here, but I think Craig needs to keep a closer eye on some of these posters, they are really spoiling it for everyone else.

I honestly dont think he has time. Let me preface my comments by saying the guy does a FANTASTIC job of getting news, spoilers, etc. I always check the site to see whats new. However the forums in that place are deplorable, and people have left them in droves for that very reason you've stated. It's overrun by a bunch of snot noses (Hulk's father's word :) ) who have very little knowledge of Superman, and are so busy trying to hate things that they miss SO MUCH of the episodes. And the mods, from my experience, dont do much more than tell you that your posts are your opinions? :confused: Well duh...

That guy on the Superman Homepage that reviews, does he kind of do in tongue in cheek or is he for real?

He reviews them critically, very critically. He makes some good points on things, and 5 times out of 10 my reviews jive with his in at least some way but he has some issues that he always lets seep into his reviews about not being recognized for his "writing talents" or about the unequal treatment of the sexes.. He also uses the same jokes over and over and over.. After a while, it gets tiresome to read.

but he has some issues that he always lets seep into his reviews about not being recognized for his "writing talents" or about the unequal treatment of the sexes.. He also uses the same jokes over and over and over.. After a while, it gets tiresome to read.

Issues.. Good word.
I no longer read his reviews. I disagree with so much of what he says, and I'm not very fond of his writing style.

On the other hand.. I love reading Omar's reviews at TWOP. Yes, he's a notorious Lana-basher, and just about every other character come to think of it, but he makes me laugh. I don't take any of his opinions seriously (whether they are or not), I just read it for the comedy. Those are forums you couldn't drag me to with 10 ft. pole though. Pure *****-and-hate-fest.. I'd take K-site's any day over TWOPs.

Yeah unfortunately that's my SN over there. Isnt that just the lamest name you've ever seen? :D

No, I think its kinda quirky. :D

I honestly dont think he has time. Let me preface my comments by saying the guy does a FANTASTIC job of getting news, spoilers, etc. I always check the site to see whats new. .

Well there are quite a few moderators over there and by Craig I meant all of them. I check it every day for news, they usually have the best news but for some reason lately things have been slow over there. I get more from James' site for Smallville stuff.. :confused:

However the forums in that place are deplorable, and people have left them in droves for that very reason you've stated. It's overrun by a bunch of snot noses (Hulk's father's word :) ) who have very little knowledge of Superman, and are so busy trying to hate things that they miss SO MUCH of the episodes. And the mods, from my experience, dont do much more than tell you that your posts are your opinions? :confused: Well duh..

Tell me about it. Deplorable doesnt begin to explain it.

He reviews them critically, very critically. He makes some good points on things, and 5 times out of 10 my reviews jive with his in at least some way but he has some issues that he always lets seep into his reviews about not being recognized for his "writing talents" or about the unequal treatment of the sexes.. He also uses the same jokes over and over and over.. After a while, it gets tiresome to read.

Well thats okay as long as he isnt being ridiculous about it. I read one review for Blank, I'm not sure if it was him, but the reviewer went on about Clark opening up the front door outwards, when it should open inwards, and if you lose your memory then how do you know how to unwind the window of a car. Stupid stuff.

I'm not sure what he means by unequal treatment of sexes... the women on Smallville are shown to be very strong, or is he suggesting it to be the other way, that is the men are treated unequally. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"