Hidden - Discussion Thread(Spoilers)

AgentPat said:
Well, this would be preferable to *anybody* dying, of course, but Clark has only been able to prolong Jor-El's edicts, not avoid them completely. Jor-El said somebody is going to die as a trade off of life forces. I dunno guys. To avoid Clark's death, somebody has got to pay the piper, so unless Clark can supplant the situation with some bizarre body switch - or the writers go to the Kryptonite deux ex machina well :rolleyes: , I kinda think *somebody* is gonna buy the big one at some point.

Well the only one that fits in with that is Chloe, imo, but isnt this what Superman is about, he can change destiny.

KikiDee said:
...This ends the is Jor-El channeling Lionel question.

http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/smallville.html
BTW, looks like Glover did his homework. Anybody else notice how he's standing in that scene? Look where his hands are. Look familiar?
smug.gif

*cough*MarlonBrando*cough*

AgentPat said:
BTW, looks like Glover did his homework. Anybody else notice how he's standing in that scene? Look where his hands are. Look familiar?
smug.gif

I haven't been able to see the video yet. POO!:mad:
BTW Marlon Brando as Jor-El :up:

Kal-El 8 said:
(6) Pete isn't even in smallville. besides he get's married to lana, and first becomes Vice Pres. then The President.

:confused: Ill bet you he wont marry her. Unlike the Pete in the comics, he showed no interest in her during the series...but he was interested in Chloe.

He really as no reason to live in the Smallville TV timeline, they pretty much killed the life out of that character anyways.

And Clark still considers Pete close to him, and probably feels guilty for him leaving... if Pete died at the hands of Clark, that would impact Clark greatly.

Crisis Superman said:
:confused: Ill bet you he wont marry her. Unlike the Pete in the comics, he showed no interest in her during the series...but he was interested in Chloe...
And if you didn't know any better, you'd say the same thing about Clark, Lois and Lana. :p

The hint has already been dropped in Forsaken that Pete might eventually work for Lex, and this is when the writers KNEW Forsaken would be Jones' last episode that season, and possibly ever.

Never. Say. Never. :D

AgentPat said:
smug.gif

OMG you are so right. When he did that, I thought what's that all about... good spotting.
icon14.gif

This person he loves can only be 1 of 4 people.

Jonathan
Martha
Lana
Chloe

And then I thought, what if Lara's been hiding out on earth all this time, keeping an eye on him. (Obi-wan-kenobi)

Pretty out there, huh?

avidreader said:
OMG you are so right. When he did that, I thought what's that all about... good spotting.
icon14.gif
LOL! Thanks. It's kinda up there with the SPF \8/ - some things just jump out at me. ;)

AgentPat said:
LOL! Thanks. It's kinda up there with the SPF \8/ - some things just jump out at me. ;)

You know, I didn't pick up on that but after what you said I looked at the clip again and you're right...

It's awesome.

And John Glover looked younger somehow in the FOS... he was totally unlike Lionel too.

:up:

This episode is so going to rock!

oops... double post.

How'd that happen?

AgentPat said:
And if you didn't know any better, you'd say the same thing about Clark, Lois and Lana. :p

The hint has already been dropped in Forsaken that Pete might eventually work for Lex, and this is when the writers KNEW Forsaken would be Jones' last episode that season, and possibly ever.

Never. Say. Never. :D
'

Working for Lex is one thing... marrying Lana? Theres no evidence of this. Chloe was designed as a composite character of Lana and Lois taking elements of each. She pretty much behaved like the Lana Lang from the comics and was treated like such....plus Pete had feelings for her, I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up together....but Lana? Thats just totally out of left field for Smallville.

avidreader said:
And then I thought, what if Lara's been hiding out on earth all this time, keeping an eye on him. (Obi-wan-kenobi)

Pretty out there, huh?

I hope not, thats just pushing it. This precrisis Kryptonian immortality and Millar writing Jor-el like hes some kind of omnipotent, omnipowerful God gets on my nerves.

Byrne sucked I agree, but they havent brought back alot of that precrisis nonsense in the years after he left. I always felt it was really dated, and the way they handle Superman today makes him more 'real' to the modern generation, vulnerable..... and not some all powerful supernatural entity.

holy holy crap. I can see the start of the new clip from Hidden, but then it goes black and I can only get the audio. argh! but nevertheless.....oooo my. Oh my indeed. This....is...good. WOW.

AgentPat said:
smug.gif

I'll have to look at his stance again.. I did notice that his speech patter was very reminiscent of Brando. I think you're right.. Glover did his homework. Another SV homage..

The vid works!
This scene was damn good :up::up:
Really good. I...This season thus far has continually impressed me.

Crisis Superman said:
Working for Lex is one thing... marrying Lana? Theres no evidence of this. Chloe was designed as a composite character of Lana and Lois taking elements of each. She pretty much behaved like the Lana Lang from the comics and was treated like such....plus Pete had feelings for her, I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up together....but Lana? Thats just totally out of left field for Smallville.
Nuuuuu... you misunderstood me. I meant that if you didn't know anything about the Superman story - if you ONLY knew Smallville - Clark marrying Lois would be WAY out there. It would be MUCH easier to believe he marries Lana at some point in the future, assuming he marries anybody at all. The "evidence" is in EVERY episode. You even have Lois telling Clark (in Commencement) the future is all laid out for him - go to college, minor in law enforcement (LOL!), join a bowling league (well, at least she got the league part right, hee!), marry Lana in a nice church wedding and have a Clark junior.

OBVIOUSLY, that's not gonna happen. WE know what Clark's future is (basically.) But if we didn't know, we'd be blind-sided by the Lois part. I used the analogy in reference to your point about Pete marrying Lana verses Chloe. :)

The only problem being Pete on Smallville had close to zero interaction with Lana and barely any chemistry and interest at all. Its like saying Lex is going to marry the female Sheriff... its pretty out there.

Even in the Lois/Clark stuff, they often throw pretty obvious hints that theyll be in a relationship one day. ex: Lana (refering to Lois/Clark after Lois dissed Clark) "thats how the best relationships start" or something to that effect.

I was only joking about the Lara thing Crisis, I dont think that's what gonna happen.

However, it could be Lex, in terms of his soul rather than his physical being.

But Crisis, Pete didn't have chemistry with anyone... Not even Chloe.

I wouldn't believe he'd marry her either, so it's not that much further out there to think he might marry Lana.

I think Pete is LONG gone. At most, maybe we'll get a comment from Lana about how she's going to visit Pete, in the last show after her and Clark have decided to part ways.

^^--- I like that idea.

But there's no way they'll be bringing Pete back just to off him. Does Clark "love" Pete?

I don't know if he does. I mean, Pete didn't love him enough to stick around despite how hard it'd gotten for him. I don't think that's love.

They were best friends since they were kids. I think he did. Pete did have a little chemistry with Chloe but the major difference is Pete was revealed to HAVE feelings for Chloe... the same cant be said about Lana, they showed no interest in each other, they werent even close friends....more like distant ones through Clark.

And I think Jor-el was talking about real mortal lives...not souls.

And for the last time, they wouldnt have to bring him back... He'd die offscreen; like Dr Swann, Bridgette Crosby, Lex's therapist and many others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"