Hitman

two articles from the same place

Hitman in Hokkaido: creative director Christian Elverdam on the season finale and the future of the series

5 hours ago
So, how did you do it? It’s the question that prefaces every conversation surrounding 2016’s Hitman. The ones who stroll in and lazily pop the...
Read more

Also with

Here’s when you can play the Hitman season finale (and what its patch does)

5 hours ago
The sixth and final episode in the latest Hitman game will unlock in just a few minutes. Specifically, you can play it at 3pm Central European...
Read more

source:PCGamesN

GI Rating 7
Hitman: Season 1 Review – The Complete Package Still Comes Up Short

ps4-icon.png

on Nov 15, 2016 at 06:14 PM 6,516 Views

Agent 47’s ultimate skill has always been patience, and the newest Hitman demands the same from the player more than ever before.
... More

source: GI

Last edited:
Pretty sure the First season, which I believe is the full game with all episodes, is on sale right now on Xbox Live. Might wind up picking up at the $30 price I saw it for.

Pretty sure the First season, which I believe is the full game with all episodes, is on sale right now on Xbox Live. Might wind up picking up at the $30 price I saw it for.

That's a f'ing steal. Still have a lot of Elusive targets left this season and from what I hear, another bonus mission.

So how does this game stack up against Blood Money and Absolution? I was thinking about getting it since there is a sale on right now.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Hitman update to add ‘Professional’ difficulty on January 31[/FONT]

Published 8 hours ago. 5 comments.
Due out alongside The Complete First Season release.

Hitman will add a tougher, “Professional” difficulty as part of its January update alongside the disc launch of Hitman: The Complete First Season, Square Enix announced.

The Professional difficulty levels offers the following:

• Enhanced AI behavior – Guards are more thorough when searching. Increased guard search radius. NPCs are more perceptive to footsteps, especially when running. Increased guard alertness.
  • Strict item rules – Suspicious / illegal items according to current disguise.
  • Advanced security camera logic – Security cameras can spot illegal activity and guards will be dispatched to investigate. Increased number of security cameras (in logical places).
  • Limited saves – Only one manual save allowed. Auto-saves are disabled.
  • Lethal combat – Clean kills are required to take a disguised. Slower health regeneration.
  • Professional mastery rewards – Professional Challenges and Mastery. Unique unlockable rewards.
  • Each location has been tweaked and altered.
  • Separate leaderboards with a Professional modifier.
  • Fewer disguise pickups.
Hitman: The Complete First Season will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 31. All of the episodes of season one are available now digitally.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Hitman, Io Interactive, Square Enix

source: Gematsu

I wish they'd update the digital game with a platinum trophy, not that Id ever get it anyway

I wish they'd update the digital game with a platinum trophy, not that Id ever get it anyway
That's sort of what I'm waiting for. Plus with the news that it's getting an HDR update, I am tempted to wait until I get a 4KTV so when I go back and replay it, it can feel new.

So chaps, what's the general consensus on this one?

Is it better than the best in the series? (Blood Money, obviously) I got the feeling they were gearing it toward that style of game play, and less the more linear style of Absolution. So I'm curious how the fan reaction has been.

Is it better than the best in the series? (Blood Money, obviously) I got the feeling they were gearing it toward that style of game play, and less the more linear style of Absolution. So I'm curious how the fan reaction has been.

its been overwhelmingly positive and shut alot of the naysayers up. Ive only played Absolution (which I loved) but this is definitely much better than it. Ive only played 2 of the levels and dont really want to progress bc it seems there is just so much to do per stage

Gameplay and replayability it's leaps and bounds above Blood Money. The narrative is a tad weak, although this is only season one of a planned 3 season arc(at least). There are some INCREDIBLE levels. Sapienza may be one of the series absolute best. I enjoyed Absolution but this game is a "return to form". As the developers said at the start, this is 47 in his prime. The elusive targets have been the single greatest thing the series has added. This title is a MUST own for fans of the series.

its been overwhelmingly positive and shut alot of the naysayers up. Ive only played Absolution (which I loved) but this is definitely much better than it. Ive only played 2 of the levels and dont really want to progress bc it seems there is just so much to do per stage

There really is. Each level is just packed with content. It was one of the reasons I enjoyed the episodic release so much. It gave me plenty of time to learn each level inside and out in preparation for the elusive targets.

Awesome, thanks! I've looked for the disc copy, but haven't found it on the shelves yet.

Awesome, thanks! I've looked for the disc copy, but haven't found it on the shelves yet.

Yea I think the complete 1st season on disc drops the 31st. So check then and u should be golden.

Hitman Absolution now BC on X1.

Hitman Absolution now BC on X1.
yep

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Before IO Interactive gave the beloved Hitman series a soft reboot, there was a very story-driven entry in the series titled Hitman: Absolution. For what it was, it was really great but some fans felt it wasn't quite the Hitman game it should've been. Some felt it was too linear and didn't allow players to do exactly what they want but some people loved the new take on the series! If you never got to play it, now is your chance!

Xbox One fans can get in on the action thanks to it being backward compatible. The game is currently $20 and was previously free through Games with Gold, so you may have grabbed it a few years ago when it was free!

The physical edition of the 2016 Hitman title released on January 31st, it includes hours of content and a steelbook case! It's out now on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
[/FONT]
source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Gameplay and replayability it's leaps and bounds above Blood Money. The narrative is a tad weak, although this is only season one of a planned 3 season arc(at least). There are some INCREDIBLE levels. Sapienza may be one of the series absolute best. I enjoyed Absolution but this game is a "return to form". As the developers said at the start, this is 47 in his prime. The elusive targets have been the single greatest thing the series has added. This title is a MUST own for fans of the series.

I bought it! (ended up downloading it after all...)

I agree about Sapienza, what an excellent level. I think most of the levels are great. The hotel is fun, but kind of uninspired compared to some of the others. Especially because there was a similar level in Blood Money. I particularly liked the Embassy level. The hospital was okay, but seemed a little limited -something with more variety would have suited the last episode better, although it made sense for the story.

I do like the story, minimal though it is. I'm still a little unsure of where this game takes place in the timeline. The final cut scene was great though, some great lines in there and I loved the photograph.

My only real complaint with Hitman this time around is the 'opportunities' which I ended up turning off. Following those, you might as well be playing a Telltale game -push X to win the game. I've heard a couple of reviewers refer to the opportunities as "hand holding", which is a phrase that went through my mind before I'd seen those reviews. It's infinitely more fun to find your own way of doing things than just following the game's step-by-step guide to victory.

Excellent overall though. I'm excited for Season Two... I hope they bring fire extinguishers back, throwing those at people is my favorite feature.

Fixes!

[FONT=&quot]There is a new update coming to Hitman this month and it comes with some much-needed fixes, as well as some new content for players to play around with.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The March update for Hitman might not seem as interesting as the January update, but it still brings some fun stuff. For the most part, this update brings some bug fixes for some rare, but critical issues like the exit points not appearing after completing a mission. The other big additions are language support for Simplified Chinese and the new contracts, elusive targets, and escalations.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The March update goes live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on March 14th, 2017, details on what's in it follow bellow.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The content coming alongside this March update is as follows; Week 1: Escalation Marrakesh. Week 2: Elusive Target Colorado, March Game Update. Week 3: 10 New Featured Contracts. Week 4: Escalation Bangkok.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patch Notes, as relayed by the developers:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Simplified Chinese Language Support[/FONT]

• We've added full menu and subtitle support for Simplified Chinese on PC.
[FONT=&quot]Performance[/FONT]

• We've fixed some rare issues that could cause the game to crash or be unstable.
[FONT=&quot]Missing Exits[/FONT]

• We've fixed an issue that could prevent exit points from appearing after killing the target(s).
[FONT=&quot]Paris Suspend[/FONT]

• We've fixed an issue that could cause guards and targets in Paris to suspend their routines, after specific player actions.
[FONT=&quot]Subdue Prompt[/FONT]

• We've fixed an issue that could cause the 'subdue' prompt to disappear when an NPC is picking up an item or when they are close to a wall.
  • Scoring Adjustment
  • We've fixed an issue where the 'Never Spotted' bonus was not awarded in certain cases.
[FONT=&quot]Sapienza Lab[/FONT]

• We've fixed an issue that could cause 47 to be 'spotted' in the Sapienza Lab, even whilst 'blending in'.
  • Hokkaido Landscape
  • We've fixed a rare issue that could cause 47 to fall 'out of world' in Hokkaido.
  • Contracts Search Favourites
  • The Contract Tile now displays an icon to show whether that contract has been added to 'My Favorites'
[FONT=&quot]Sticky Pistol (Escalation)[/FONT]

• We've fixed an issue where the 'Sticky Pistol' countdown would expire, despite 47 having the pistol equipped on a ledge.
[FONT=&quot]The Incarnation Non-Accident[/FONT]

• We've fixed an issue in the 'Meiko Incarnation' Escalation where dumping an NPC in a specific area would not result in an accident kill.
[FONT=&quot]Disappearing Act[/FONT]

• We've fixed an issue that could cause a holstered large weapon to be lost when activating the diorama in Paris.
[FONT=&quot]Fire Safety[/FONT]

• We've fixed an issue that could cause NPC's to teleport away when they are burning.
[FONT=&quot]HDR Launcher[/FONT]

• We've fixed an issue where the 'HDR' option could not be enabled in the game's launcher on AMD cards.
[FONT=&quot]Sun Spots (HDR)[/FONT]

• We've fixed an issue that could cause black pixels to appear around bright light sources when HDR is enabled.
[FONT=&quot]Additional[/FONT]

• We've also fixed other minor issues involving AI dialogue, audio and VO consistency, escalation completion marks and we've slightly reworded some menu text to make it more consistent.
IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
HITMANIO INTERACTIVEPCPLAYSTATION 4SQUARE ENIXUPDATEXBOX ONE
[/FONT]

source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member