Hitman

I bought it! (ended up downloading it after all...)

I agree about Sapienza, what an excellent level. I think most of the levels are great. The hotel is fun, but kind of uninspired compared to some of the others. Especially because there was a similar level in Blood Money. I particularly liked the Embassy level. The hospital was okay, but seemed a little limited -something with more variety would have suited the last episode better, although it made sense for the story.

I do like the story, minimal though it is. I'm still a little unsure of where this game takes place in the timeline. The final cut scene was great though, some great lines in there and I loved the photograph.

My only real complaint with Hitman this time around is the 'opportunities' which I ended up turning off. Following those, you might as well be playing a Telltale game -push X to win the game. I've heard a couple of reviewers refer to the opportunities as "hand holding", which is a phrase that went through my mind before I'd seen those reviews. It's infinitely more fun to find your own way of doing things than just following the game's step-by-step guide to victory.

Excellent overall though. I'm excited for Season Two... I hope they bring fire extinguishers back, throwing those at people is my favorite feature.

Timeline wise the game takes place both before 47 has joined the ICA(the training levels) and AFTER Absolution. But its a loose timeline. If you noticed, during the opening cinematic it showcased some of the series more "famous" hits, one of those being Dom Osmond, from Absolution.

Yea i basically have everything in the HUD turned off.

The opportunities make the make much more accessible. These games always intimidated me in the past. I usually leave the opportunities on the first around which gives me a chance to learn the level, mechanics and objectives and then I play without them, try to find my own way

Timeline wise the game takes place both before 47 has joined the ICA(the training levels) and AFTER Absolution. But its a loose timeline. If you noticed, during the opening cinematic it showcased some of the series more "famous" hits, one of those being Dom Osmond, from Absolution.

Okay, yeah. I got the training levels were super early on, but I wasn't sure when the mission-levels took place. At first I thought they were soon after the training, but then Diana said something about "decades" passing and I got lost again.

The only other thing that's confusing me now is, didn't Diana end her time at the ICA during Absolution? I feel like I missed something because now she's running 47's missions again, and back being a loyal worker at (or even the head of?) the agency.

The only other thing that's confusing me now is, didn't Diana end her time at the ICA during Absolution? I feel like I missed something because now she's running 47's missions again, and back being a loyal worker at (or even the head of?) the agency.

Well for starters, the dev stated early on that they were playing "loose" with the continuity, but even if you wanted to be more strict you can kind of follow the trail after Absolution. Diana (and 47 for that matter) "left" the ICA during the events of Absolution due to the rogue nature of one of their superiors, Benjamin Travis. After he was dispatched it was kind of assumed that the ICA cleaned up its affairs and both Diana and 47 went back to work.

The opportunities make the make much more accessible. These games always intimidated me in the past. I usually leave the opportunities on the first around which gives me a chance to learn the level, mechanics and objectives and then I play without them, try to find my own way

Oh I definitely don't have an issue with them, simply because they can be turned on or off. I think for the players that want to use them they can be great and to be honest, iv used them after a few play throughs when I'm going for all my challenges. Speeds things up a bit.

Well for starters, the dev stated early on that they were playing "loose" with the continuity, but even if you wanted to be more strict you can kind of follow the trail after Absolution. Diana (and 47 for that matter) "left" the ICA during the events of Absolution due to the rogue nature of one of their superiors, Benjamin Travis. After he was dispatched it was kind of assumed that the ICA cleaned up its affairs and both Diana and 47 went back to work.

Ahh, okay. I wish they'd covered it a little bit. I don't follow the development process of games really, or what developers say, so it'd be helpful if they at least gave some sort of brief rundown. Although, given that they just called the game 'Hitman' I guess they're going for a sort of soft-reboot type deal, which makes sense.

Thanks for the info!

On old innocent man

[FONT=&quot]
22148338983201.508.e26b7b915e77bcb860bd8bac04bff13a.jpg

It is time for another Elusive Target in Hitman and this time they have you going after an old innocent man that might not be so innocent after all.
The Elusive Targets in Hitman are one-time assassination contracts players can attempt once and if they fail they are gone forever. This time the contract is set in the Colorado level and his name is Pertti Järnefelt, a bookkeeper for all sorts of bad people. As usual, the windows of opportunity is limited, the clock has already started ticking, players have less than 168 hours on them to complete the contract.
Here's everything you need to know about the target:
Name: Pertti Järnefelt
Client: LOCKSLEY
Location: Järnefelt will be in Colorado for 168 hours, starting March 17.
Objective: Assassinate the target and retrieve his ledger.
Protection: Unknown.
Vital Information: Extremely paranoid.
Briefing Text:
Your target is Pertti Järnefelt, bookkeeper to be global underworld and considered to be a myth by law enforcement agencies the world over. In truth, the target has led an unassuming, yet comfortable life managing the finances of kleptocracies, terrorists, and tyrants for decades.
The client, LOCKSLEY, has assembled information on the target's movements and conclusively linked him to the Shadow Clients operations in Colorado, this makes his elimination a priority. The clients has also asked that you retrieve the target's ledger. Note that the target is extremely paranoid and will attempt to flee at the first sign of overt danger.
Plan accordingly, the clock is ticking, 47.
[/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
HITMANXBOX ONE
[/FONT]

source:http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

I'm curretly playing through the Hitman series for the first time. Working on Hitman 2 right now and really enjoying it so far.

Edit: I'm playing At The Gates and I am no longer having fun.

Last edited:

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Square Enix withdraws from IO Interactive, negotiating with potential investors[/FONT]
Published 3 hours ago. 31 comments.

Square Enix dropping the Hitman developer.

IO-Interactive_05-11-17.jpg

Square Enix has withdrawn from Hitman developer and internal studio IO Interactiv, and has begun negotiations with potential new investors to keep the studio alive, the company announced.

Here is the full statement from Square Enix:
To maximize player satisfaction as well as market potential going forward, we are focusing our resources and energies on key franchises and studios.

As a result, [Square Enix] has regrettably decided to withdraw from the business of IO Interactive A/S, a wholly‐owned subsidiary and a Danish corporation, as of March 31, 2017.

This decision has resulted in booking of the extraordinary loss amounting to 4,898 million yen, including disposition of the content production account related to the business and impairment loss of intangible assets, in the financial results for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017.

As a result of this [Square Enix] started discussions with potential new investors and is currently in negotiations to secure this investment. Whilst there can be no guarantees that the negotiations will be concluded successfully, they are being explored since this is in the best interests of our shareholders, the studio and the industry as a whole.
Read More

Industry,Io Interactive,Square Enix

source: Gematsu

I'm so glad season two is secured. I had a great time with season one.

I'm so glad season two is secured. I had a great time with season one.

Everyone did, it's prob the most critically acclaimed HITMAN save for Blood Money.

I read a report that said the IP was staying with IO. Guess that was inaccurate. I do worry about another dev working on this.

[FONT=Roboto !important]
hqdefault.jpg
7:26
[/FONT]

[YT]ujmlYk9hCvE[/YT]

Nintendo Switch and 3DS Getting Crossplatform Multiplayer - The Rundown - Electric Playground
[FONT=Roboto !important]05/29/2017

[FONT=Roboto !important]Cross-platform multiplayer between the Nintendo Switch and 3DS is on the way thanks to Monster Hunter! We've got the details on that today in the Rundown, plus the latest on[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot] the future of the Hitman series, what's next for Pirates of the Caribbean, a new Guardians of the Galaxy game, and finally, some experimental news about Pixar!

[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]source: EPN.tv
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I finished Contracts about a week ago and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to get into Blood Money soon.

Nice, I hope they can still manage to carry out their plan for three seasons despite having to do layoffs.

safe_image.php

[FONT=&quot]Hitman’s final Elusive Target of season one arrives tomorrow July 13, 2017

It's almost time for Agent 47 to take on the 26th and final Elusive Target of Hitman's first season.Read more
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

also with
[/FONT]

safe_image.php

[FONT=&quot]Hitman’s July update fixes the killer toilet [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]July 14, 2017[/FONT]

Agent 47 no longer has to worry about that killer toilet in the Marrakesh school.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Readmore[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
source:http://www.egmnow.com/
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
egmnow_logo.jpg
[/FONT]

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]New Hitman content to be revealed on October 24[/FONT]
Published 15 hours ago. 17 comments.
[FONT=&quot]
But it's not "Season 2."

Io Interactive will reveal new content for Hitman on October 24, the company announced.
Here’s the full message from Io Interactive:
Mark this date on your calendars: October 24th. That’s the date when we will reveal brand new content for the game.
We’re going to let the announcement itself do all the talking, but there is one thing we want to clarify before then; this upcoming content is not “Season 2”. We’re saying that now to keep expectations in check.
So, save the date, let’s hope it doesn’t leak and we’ll see you there!
Hitman is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

[FONT=&quot]

source: Gematsu
[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back