The Dark Knight Rises HOLY ARKHAM LOGIC BATMAN! The Crazy, Insane Theory about Nolanverse Thread

#2 The Kubrickean analogies continue with the Joker -- no not just in the very obvious design and anarchist influences of Alex DeLarge, but in the other idea about the Joker's past.

He tells us a frightening story about how his father was a drinker... and one night he gets crazier than usual...

tumblr_lkkmrpVGTt1qa9hp7.jpg

'Mom' got the knife from the kitchen...

The-Shining-1980-prop-weapons.jpg

tumblr_m47tybSfKv1ql2rrxo1_400.gif
tumblr_lj5vhdxmUQ1qdzj6t.gif

But he doesn't like that... not one bit.

(spoiler tags for an F bomb - the scene has the father threatening mom to stop pointing the damned knife at his face)
tumblr_mbilpuxOWk1r5055ao1_500.gif

"Why So Serious"
is essentially the theme of The Shining, and the story about the traumatised little Joker-boy with Ledger is actually this kid:

l.jpg
seeing this:
images

WHo... yes... happens to be the son of the same guy who played the Joker in the last good Batman film series. I always agreed to the notion that Ledger's Joker is spiritually a bastardized son of Nicholson's Joker.

I think you're really onto something here. There is no way in hell that this is a coincidence.

Good job!

I can't find the post but some guy here mentioned about the Nolan Universe taking place before the Burton/Schumacher verse.

Crazy idea that can work if you don't look at it too closely. lol

Funny, I watched The Shining recently and couldnt help to notice Ledger's Joker shared some mannerism with Jack (particularly in the bar scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbLB21If2YA)

Same thing happened to me about 2 years after TDK was released. I had never seen the Shining and it was on tv one night so I checked it out with my wife. When that bar scene came up I told her that his mannerisms and just his general acting in that scene reminded me exactly of Ledger's Joker. Glad someone else saw it too.

The shot in TDKR of Batman and Catwoman flying in the Bat over Gotham at night is taken straight from Bladerunner .

Blade Runner
The narrows was based on Kowloon( which is pretty much LA from BR).
na0001_0138.jpg

Rachel Dawes is named after Rachel from BR, and Sean Young was supposed to play Vicky Vale in B89 and then later Catwoman in BR.
blade_runner___rachel_by_maxhitman-d39c7r5.jpg

The Tumbler is based on the Police Speeder from BR (no front axel & etc).
blade_runner_5.jpg

Also the scenes of the Bat landing on a rooftop reminded me a lot of the scenes in Blade Runner with that Police vehicle landing.

This thread is full of radical notions. I like it. :awesome: :up:

#2 The Kubrickean analogies continue with the Joker -- no not just in the very obvious design and anarchist influences of Alex DeLarge, but in the other idea about the Joker's past.

He tells us a frightening story about how his father was a drinker... and one night he gets crazier than usual...

tumblr_lkkmrpVGTt1qa9hp7.jpg

'Mom' got the knife from the kitchen...

The-Shining-1980-prop-weapons.jpg

tumblr_m47tybSfKv1ql2rrxo1_400.gif
tumblr_lj5vhdxmUQ1qdzj6t.gif

But he doesn't like that... not one bit.

(spoiler tags for an F bomb - the scene has the father threatening mom to stop pointing the damned knife at his face)
tumblr_mbilpuxOWk1r5055ao1_500.gif

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it was a baseball bat she was swinging at him in that scene.

Theory debunked.

:funny:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it was a baseball bat she was swinging at him in that scene.

Theory debunked.

:funny:

But she dropped it and then picked up the knife when she got back to the room. When he axed the door she had the knife.

Why not right? :funny: I mean sure The Killing Joke essentiallyhas the same origin story but ftn

And of course, who doesn't love thinking about Harl?

That's ... actually really interesting about the symbolism that grips Batman not just in Nolan-verse but in every incarnation. I think people tend to not look too much into the Freudian implication of hero-myths and stories about heroism a lot these days because Freud's theories have become so much a staple of 20th Century thinking. But it's there, and while I don't pretend to know what Nolan got influenced by or was thinking when he made these movies, I do think that there are more Freudian aspects in the trilogy than we give him credit for.

Nolan's films have always had a Jungian dimension, so there's that as well.

The three movies are pretty archetypical, that's maybe the most important thing about them.

Freud said that our life memories are all pearls in a necklace, and like in a necklace they are all tied to each other.

20.jpg

Also to re-iterate on this fine observation.

Bruce gave his mother's pearl necklace to Selina, his, presumably future wife.

Isn't there a concept in Freudian theory regarding men that are frozen in time (an arrested development) who are seeking their mothers again in the form of their wives? :woot:

Thoughts?

Mentmore towers is the mansion in "Eyes Wide Shut"(Nolan is a very big fan of Kubrick), which is Wayne Manor in "Batman Begins"
a7.jpg

That is downright subversive :wow: I can't believe I didn't notice that, considering I rewatched Eyes Wide Shut not too long ago. This is not the kind of thing that one forgets....

Try this one on for size guys:

Interesting stuff here and soothing in a really weird way.

hey all -- sorry i havent been posting so much lately -- the vbulletin boards got me banned on some weird technical glitch (happens every other day to the point where I can't find myself NOT banned when I get on here!) Is that happening to anyone else here?

Anyway, I love the insights by Bane-- dude mind if I use em in an article? I'll give you an honourable mention :oldrazz:

Here's one for today:

Nolan prophesised and tackled a string of future Hollywood trends

"More copy cats today Alfred, with guns..."

6c49e0d2.jpg

dredd2_zps1d674cb6.jpg

TDKvsASM8_zpsfc01a109.jpg

arrow2_zps8ee51fd3.jpg

punisher2_zpsb09cb67f.jpg

ironman2_zps50ed860d.jpg

kickass_zpsfd5c97a3.jpg

watchmen_zps3cc93379.jpg

^ I know some of the pics aren't directly similar but I'm sure we're all familiar with the adaptations to find the similarities to be strikingly there. Not really a "revelation" but still. But oh. Guess what? It extends to the previous series as well!

thecrow_zps911e9439.jpg

spawn-horz_zpsf5c3e555.jpg

v_zpsa2a06ec3.jpg

"Everyone can be a hero have a Batman-influenced film adaptation!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"