The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Worldwide

TDKR marketing is basically non-existent here in Holland. No TV spots, billboards or posters. Ticket sales are good, though.

Havent seen anything in the Dominican Republic regarding promos, but i did hear one of the cinema chains is having an advanced pre-sale (they had the same with HP and The Avengers though).

We dont get the movie until the 26th though, so i'm hoping it will start getting promoted soon enough. It's still about TAMS here atm.

I have seen 1 tv spot here in the Netherlands, no posters (except 1 in the theatre), billboards or magazine ads. However, I'm positive the premiere will be sold out as was the case with The Dark Knight which had limited advertising too.

Pauluz, on which channel did you see the spot? Was it something like Veronica or MTV?

Last edited:
Time to watch more Veronica then :oldrazz:

Not much hype over here in South Africa (apart from the local mobile network company advertising the lumia 900 phone "which can be seen in the Dark Knight Rises").

Film is released here on the 27th (special screening on the 22/7)

Some posters in cinemas here in Greece, but nothing much yet.

Reporting from Taiwan!
WB gave us sculpture and costumes of Bane. Batman and Catwoman to exhibit. And cooperated with a coffee company to give out merchandises. Nearly every movie I watched this summer has TDKR trailer before it. Our 7-11 sells three TDKR iCash cards(I bought two). The best IMAX theater in our country sold advance tickets extremely well.
The only downside is probably because we don't really get access to comics here, many don't know who or what Bane is. But I believe they'll still watch it after positive reviews flood in.

TDKR is getting more ad time here in Australia. Also plenty of posters and stand-ups in my local theater. There's quite a bit of buzz going around too so that's great to hear.

Australia, it's everywhere here. We actually get it before the US (based on timezone) so we're certainly not spoiled :woot:

That said, the hype for TDK was much greater with the Ledger influence.

Yeah, too bad it's out when I have to go back to school :( I have to wait to see it on the Saturday.

Yeah the Heath Ledger influence was largely apparent when TDK was being marketed.

Here in London there are now the 'RISE' poster on buses as well as billboards. Which I am rather bloody happy about!

No TV spots No Billboards... Only Cinema Posters but the cool thing here in Philippines is we love Batman.. And the film will be hyped for sure in FB or twitter on the week it will be shown... btw the nearest MovieHouse in my town will play the TDKR on 6/6 of their cinema.. And it will be in 19th so that will be 18th in the US

TV spots are very frequent not. Trailers though have been crap, not with the right films, sometimes showing the teaser.

Other than that not much. Haven't seen ANY merchandise in stores (including posters). However, its sold out very well! A LOT of screens across the UK sold out first day.

I've seen a reasonable amount of merch in Manchester, particularly Forbidden Planet. Manchester Printworks and Odeon have been promoting it massively, and the entire Friday and Saturday showings are sold out.

Australia, it's everywhere here. We actually get it before the US (based on timezone) so we're certainly not spoiled :woot:

That said, the hype for TDK was much greater with the Ledger influence.

Which was sadly not the hype we really wanted, but it helped. :csad:

2 more motion posters from London, this time of Batman and Catwoman.

Here's an example of shoddy marketing in Glasgow.

Biggest cinema in Europe (actual fact!) and this is still the poster :

x2ue4i.jpg

Aside from the buses and taxis, still not seen any TDKR promo's or posters which is pretty disappointing.

Here's an example of shoddy marketing in Glasgow.

Biggest cinema in Europe (actual fact!) and this is still the poster :

x2ue4i.jpg

Aside from the buses and taxis, still not seen any TDKR promo's or posters which is pretty disappointing.
:hehe:

Are things picking up in terms of promotion now? I've seen a few contests here for tickets to an early premiere here (i havent won any :csad:) and a couple of posters and some promos in the newspaper, but nothing like i was expecting. Let's hope the hype picks up this week, cause right now atm i'm not as excited as i hoped to be for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"