The Dark Knight Rises Honest Trailers - TDKR

Agree to disagree, I don't think because it was done in a prior film and not really explained makes it any less ridiculous.

It was to some extent explained in Begins, but it was just a series of clips of Bruce stealing food and working as a criminal to live. That did occur over a long period of time however, and is probably believable than a span of 23 days.

Compare the two scenarios you're talking about;

Bruce had just been with the LOS for god knows how long, a resourceful wealthy organization. How hard would it be to make a phone call to Alfred to come and collect him in a plane in the BB situation?

Then compare it to TDKR, where he just climbed out of a prison pit he sent months in, has no money, no resources, in a country he has no idea where, and he somehow manages to not only get back to America, but he gets into a city that is sealed off by the army.

It was ridiculous.

Fair point. Maybe he walked on the thick ice? :p

But I was talking about the parts where he was around the world, not just in the League.

Last edited:
It was to some extent explained in Begins, but it was just a series of clips of Bruce stealing food and working as a criminal to live. That did occur over a long period of time however, and is probably believable than a span of 23 days.

Don't get me wring its something I can ignore in Rises but I just wish their had been an explanation.it could have been something as simple as the man who helped him giving him sone paper with an address on or something.

Don't get me wring its something I can ignore in Rises but I just wish their had been an explanation.it could have been something as simple as the man who helped him giving him sone paper with an address on or something.

Well he had a bag full of "supplies for his journey". But that bag seemed to disappear when he was walking to the town.

I'm going to have to check the end of that scene out again.

Well he had a bag full of "supplies for his journey". But that bag seemed to disappear when he was walking to the town.

I'm going to have to check the end of that scene out again.

I guess something could've been in the bag, like I said its not something that bothers me when watching its more an after thought.

It also took him a month I get back to Gotham.

I guess something could've been in the bag, like I said its not something that bothers me when watching its more an after thought.

Yeah he has the bag (satchel actually :p) when he's out of the Pit. It had a tube flask inside it, probably holding water or something.

Obviously one trained batman could sneak across the bottom of the bridge into Gotham, it was him getting back to the USA that bothered me. MAybe a US embassy helped Bruce Wayne on the story he was on a drunk vacation and got lost.

Come on though look where he is? He had no money no cell phone etc just because he somehow managed it in BB doesn't make it any less ridiculous, it's typical Hollywood cutting corners.

Quoted for truth. He still had money and resources and Alfred in Gotham in BB. He had diddly squat in Rises.

I think Bruce getting back to the USA is the "Joker escaping the penthouse party" of Rises. You can live without it, but it would have been better to see a second's explanation.

I think Bruce getting back to the USA is the "Joker escaping the penthouse party" of Rises. You can live without it, but it would have been better to see a second's explanation.

Agreed :up:

People take this stuff too personally. It is a parody. I liked the movie and found it quite funny myself. I don't have to agree with everything to find it funny, nor do I have to be an angry fan and jump on it as gospel. For example a few things it got wrong:

-Bruce was decommissioned for 5 months after the back break.
-Bruce was only a recluse for 3 of the past 8 years when the movie starts.
-We last see Batman in the plane when the bomb has like over a minute left then we cut away then we cut back to 0:05 with no shot of Batman. Nolan's tricksy like that. ;)
-Florence is in Italy, not France.

But all this stuff is inconsequential. Yes, there are plot holes and inconsistencies if you want to look for them. But if we want to play that game...

-How was Joker able to get explosives onto every floor of a hospital even in the doorframe?
-How did Harvey's left eye and mouth still work after everything else is burned to a crisp?
-How come we only see one bridge with heavy traffic? What about the others? After all if we are only shown one, that therefore must be the only one (as with the riots)?
-How did Joker get explosives onto the ferries with nobody noticing?
-How did Joker destroy a fire truck with nobody noticing?

It's a movie. You can either accept its reality or nitpick the shortcuts it makes to tell a story. However, if you can accept most of the logic jumps in the second movie, most of the ones in the third one are not undifferent or worthy of criticism by the same people. Just saying.

Okay here's a few

1. People in Gotham must not be very smart since no one found it odd that both Bruce Wayne and Batman have been MIA for 8 years. Then when Bruce returns to the public eye, so does Batman. Gordon of all people should have figured this our before anyone else.

2. Bruce is just okay with letting Blake know he is Batman. He never met the guy before .

3. During the sewer fight how did Bane know where applied sciences was AFTER Fox said it was off the books?

4. Bane is hard to understand in some places.

5. Useless characters example, Foley.

6. The lack of Gotham city residents pov during the 3 months of bring under the leagues control.

7. The fact that there is only one riot during the whole 3 month lockdown.

8. Magic knee brace.

9. His back being magically healed in 3 months.

10. The fact that he arrived in Gotham from the Middle East with no money and no way to contact anyone.

11. Poor pacing in the movie. Moves slow in the first act and skimps the 3 month Gotham city lockdown in the last act.

12. Why does it take months for a bomb to blow up?

13. A nearly 3 hour batman movie with only about 30 mins of Batman ( in costume) in it.

14. A crappy finale battle with Bane.

15. How did Bruce survive the bomb explosion with 5 seconds left?

16. No one thought it was weird Bruce Wayne AND Batman died on the same day?

Hey, first time poster. Long time lurker. Just wanted to add a few thoughts.

1. Bruce has only been missing from the public eye for 3 years, actually. He goes into hiding after he finds out the fission project could be used as a weapon. It could have been expounded on more and there is a short line in the shooting script that was cut where he mentions to Alfred that he failed simply as Bruce Wayne and he resources. It's interesting in that he failed as Batman by the end of TDK in many ways, corrupting the symbol he hoped to create and then it's implied he tried to do good as a public figure but feels he failed at that too. Batman and Bruce don't retire at the same time, though.

2. This never bothered me, but it's subjective I know. Some people hated the way Blake deduces Bruce is Bats on intuition. For me it creates a much deeper, spiritual bond that allows the audience to see their connection develop such a short time to buy the ending. Again, it just worked form me. It made Blake seem like he shared a connection to Bruce that nobody else did.

3. I assumed Miranda had been digging around while she was at WE, since she knew he was Batman.

4. Agreed, but it was never a hindrance for me. If anything I had a problem with out loud he was compared to all the other voices. But it also gave him a supernatural (Devilish) feel, which I liked.

5. I have problems with Foley too but it's more in execution. I think he is there to illustrate the way that Gotham has become corrupt in a different way than in BB. Bane tells Bats "peace as cost you your strength" and I think the same is true for Gotham which is resting on its laurels, evidenced by Foley. Again, it's not done very well. It's supposed to be stirring to see him rise up and die for his city but he dies off screen and comes off as kinda comical.

6. Agreed. Again, I think this was partly what Foley is therefore but we needed to see how Gothamites lived under Bane's rule.

7. This is more of an editing choice I think. How many riots do we really need to see. This never occurred to me as an issue.

8. A little silly. We really needed to see Bruce struggling as Batman, actually to make it clear that he can't be doing it much longer and that Blake is necessary. Bruce seems in peak condition after getting out the pit which works structurally, since he is "reborn" in a many ways but makes his retirement a little odd.

9. A bit hokey but I would have been even more upset if the Bane brawl didn't make reference to the back breaking because it's not "realistic."

10. This is another thing many fans hated but didn't bother me at first and still doesn't that much. It's an editing choice for the most part. I just assumed he's ****ing Batman and he's resourceful. It's also possible that if he had already fixed the autopilot, he somehow had the Bat pick him up.

11. Agreed. We should have seen much more of what was happening in Gotham in that period. Where was Alfred? There is much more room for Selina to grow and again with the townspeople.

12. This is explained. You might not like it but it's not a plot issue.

13. Didn't really bother me and it's a common complaint of the Nolan films since the beginning.

14. I loved this final battle. Coulda had a better exchange between Bats and Bane though. "No, I came back to stop you." Well obviously. I do have a problem with the fact that Batman doesn't really beat Bane. I would have had Bane die slowly after he breaks the tubes.

15. Another editing trick to fool us into thinking he was still in the plane 5 sec. before it blows.

16. We should have heard how people think Bruce died. My guess is that the last time he was seen was when he was about to be executed by the court. Not really clear on this though.

People take this stuff too personally. It is a parody. I liked the movie and found it quite funny myself. I don't have to agree with everything to find it funny, nor do I have to be an angry fan and jump on it as gospel. For example a few things it got wrong:

-Bruce was decommissioned for 5 months after the back break.
-Bruce was only a recluse for 3 of the past 8 years when the movie starts.
-We last see Batman in the plane when the bomb has like over a minute left then we cut away then we cut back to 0:05 with no shot of Batman. Nolan's tricksy like that. ;)
-Florence is in Italy, not France.

But all this stuff is inconsequential. Yes, there are plot holes and inconsistencies if you want to look for them. But if we want to play that game...

-How was Joker able to get explosives onto every floor of a hospital even in the doorframe?
-How did Harvey's left eye and mouth still work after everything else is burned to a crisp?
-How come we only see one bridge with heavy traffic? What about the others? After all if we are only shown one, that therefore must be the only one (as with the riots)?
-How did Joker get explosives onto the ferries with nobody noticing?
-How did Joker destroy a fire truck with nobody noticing?

It's a movie. You can either accept its reality or nitpick the shortcuts it makes to tell a story. However, if you can accept most of the logic jumps in the second movie, most of the ones in the third one are not undifferent or worthy of criticism by the same people. Just saying.

Yep. It all comes down to whether a person enjoyed the story or not. If you don't like it, you're more likely to nitpick. And if you do like it, you're less likely to nitpick. And it's funny how threequels tend to catch flack for doing similar things to their predecessors. Camp in SM1/SM2 was given a complete pass by the people that worshiped those movies. Then SM3 was thrown under the bus largely because of its camp. SM2 wasn't criticized for repeating the damsel in distress plot point, but SM3 sure did catch a lot of hell for it. Kinda interesting how that works.

Yeah, Mike (Plinkett) liked the movie a lot.

I'm sure he could get into his Plinkett character and tear the movie apart for laughs if he wanted, but it couldn't be as ruthless as his Star Wars prequel reviews because he had a legitimate bone to pick there.

I also found this Honest Trailer kind of weak. It kinda just went through a checklist of all the things that have been discussed at length at this point rather than actually trying to be funny. Definitely some chuckles throughout though, and usually these are absolutely priceless.

I laughed quite a bit. But once again, nitpicking galore.

These. I thought this was probably the weakest Honest Trailer overall.

This vid was good but there Avengers one is funnier.

I never noticed that other than Iron Man, none of them had ear pieces and yet were all talking to one another during the battle. Its just one of those things you roll with until its pointed out to you.

Gotta agree. The Avengers and TDK ones are probably the best so far.

To shadowboxer, the bomb in the movie is not a bomb it is an energy system. This system is very advance form of energy producing that requires certain things to keep it stable and without it would cause to become unstable and explode in some way. Think of it like a nuclear power plant, as long as the system is maintain and certain rods kept cool no meltdown will occur. One knows how long one has before a meltdown and it' s prevention to keep it from happening. In the movie this particular system of physics allows for 3 months to go by before it becomes to critical to reverse, based on the missing link of the energy system.
Also, just because one breaks their back doesn't mean the break too severe or paralyzing. One can recover from breaking their back and be able to recover to walk again, even without medical care in today's world. He has had very advanced training and his body is more accustomed to pain occurring to his body on a daily basis so for it to heal within 3 months in his case does seem plausible.
Him being able to get back to Gotham while under lockdown by bane and the league of shadows, well, he did travel the world hanging with criminals and in prison; he could have a network he could have used or maybe a secret passage into the city no one knows of. He is Bruce Wayne and batman he knows how to blend in.

As far as Bruce having no money goes...

"The first time I stole so I wouldn't starve, I lost many assumptions about the simple nature of right and wrong." - Bruce Wayne

You mean to tell me a measly little thing like having no money would stop a man like Bruce Wayne from returning to save his city? And that's not to say he stole for sure. He very well could have enlisted the help of some locals to get started. But worst case scenario...this series has established that this man is able to survive on the other side of the world with no money, and if that meant stealing so be it. That whole no money complaint has always bothered me. It severely underestimates what Bruce Wayne is capable of.

Enjoyed the hell out of the movie, but this is the best Honest Trailers evah:

[YT]WQJuGeqdbn4#![/YT]

"How is it possible that Bruce Wayne completely healed his broken back in less than 3 months? Didn't he need a 'doc-tor'?"

cracked me up.

go ahead and close it if its already been posted. i just stumbled on it while reading a political blog.

Youtube link fixed.

Come on though look where he is? He had no money no cell phone etc just because he somehow managed it in BB doesn't make it any less ridiculous, it's typical Hollywood cutting corners.

Quoted for truth. Made no sense. It was dumb.

People take this stuff too personally. It is a parody. I liked the movie and found it quite funny myself. I don't have to agree with everything to find it funny, nor do I have to be an angry fan and jump on it as gospel.

You said it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"