Horrible Movie Theater Experience Extravaganza!!

When I saw Cloverfield,There was these little kids that would scream whenever there was a loud noise in the movie,lolz,Thank goodness their parents walked out with them early

The absolute worst experience was when I saw the most recent Harry Potter this summer. The theatre was chock full of bored surburban teenagers who heckled throughout the film (called harry gay,etc). A few also had long in-depth cell phone conversations.

I also have bad friends on occasion. They talk so loudly! and they always need me to explan various aspects of the film to them. We've had a few discussions about it :cmad:

For me it's always been random instances.
1. last few minutes of godzilla usher shines a flashlight in my face and asks to see a ticket , it wasnt that good a movie but the dude was a *****ebag.
2. teenage girls who think they are funny and worse yet ..cool
3. laser pointer comedians.
4.people coming in five minutes into the movie looking all stupid.
5. the new black xmas was the worst movie ever.......ever . i should of asked for a refund .

When I saw Cloverfield,There was these little kids that would scream whenever there was a loud noise in the movie,lolz,Thank goodness their parents walked out with them early

It makes me wonder how these little kids get into these films,even if a parent is with them. I remember when I went to see Saw 4,there was actually some lady there who brought her kids...and one looked to be about 2 years old! This was for SAW 4.:wow::whatever:

Fortunately I've only had one bad experience, which was with Spider-Man 3. There was a group of 5 drunk guys sitting behind me who wouldn't shut the hell up during the movie.

Only other thing I can think of is being stuck next to a guy wearing too much cologne during Rocky Balboa.

Matrix Reloaded: In a packed cinema, some guy refuses to move out of my seat either one to the left or right, to let my girlfriend sit down. He had no ticket and got more physical as I argued more. Eventually we got an usher, he actually called the police and we got free tickets to a better movie.

HP-OotP: Second viewing, nearly empty cinema. Some guy whips out his phone and has a 25 minute conversation, blabbing on about how much the movie sucked and other rubbish. His kid was also badly behaved.

Enchanted: Packed cinema: Some mid twenties bimbo puts her feet on top of my girlfriends chair, which pees me off anyway, but then proceeds to rock the entire row back and forth with her figeting. She was old enough to know better.

----

Cinema etiquette should be publicised. Most probably with posters and what not

I think my worst theatre experience would have to be when I went to see Blades of Glory. First of all, it started 20 minutes late. When it did start it was very blurry. After the second preview or so, they stopped it and said they were gonna try to fix it. 20 minutes later, they start it up and still very blurry. After one more preview, they stop the frikking thing again and bring in ushers to ask people to politely move so they could fit more people in. Naturally, people are booing and shouting. Then 15 minutes later they start it again, and half the picture is cut off and blurry. And then they remove the glass by the camera and half of the picture is on the audience's backs. I couldn't take anymore and left. The theatre tried to cheap out by giving me free refills and they finally gave up and gave me free tickets.

Second worse was when I went to see the Mist with my brother and his friend. We decided to go to the new theatre in town. But when we paid for the tickets, the manager wouldn't let me in because I was 14 and not old enough for an R rated movie. But...my brother and his friend were both 19. They still wouldn't let me in and told me about there ridiculous policy. They won't let anyone into an R rated movie that's under 18 without there parent. Yeah, so no matter how old the guardian you are with is, you still can't go if you didn't come out of there vag. Of course we argue with them saying it's riduculous and they merely respond by saying that they are only following what the MPAA says which is pure bull. So we called my dad to come pay for my ticket and we thought the worst was over until they said that my dad had to go with me into the theatre! They wouldn't just let him pay. So my dad spazzs and the fat little ticket lady just lets us go in. My brother were joking about how we should just go to the lady after the movie and say it was inappropriate.

I giggled when i was watching Grid Iron Gang (somethin funny happened) and some old ass lady turned around and told me I needed to find jesus and shut up. That thrust my giggle into full on hysterics.

I giggled when i was watching Grid Iron Gang (somethin funny happened) and some old ass lady turned around and told me I needed to find jesus and shut up. That thrust my giggle into full on hysterics.
She said that?

Just went to see I Am Legend today and every time something was about to pop up the guy next to me would tell his girlfriend what would happen so she "wouldnt get scared". I even told him to be quit but he wouldnt stop

I imagine most of that is to do asinine facebook updates like "In the cinema!"

Texters are only there because a theater is just somewhere to go, not something to go see.

F that BS, im young myself and I get pissed off when people start texting.
Its so annoying.

New Study Finds Young Moviegoers Want Theaters to Allow Texting

http://www.slashfilm.com/wtf-study-finds-young-moviegoers-theaters-texting/

:wow::shock:eek:

Luckily my local theatre woke up about 6 months ago. For just about every event film, a security guard will come in and tell people cell phones are not allowed and your sorry ass will be kicked out if you use them during the movie.

Having dedicated social-media-friendly seats, or even entire theaters, can make the moviegoing experience more relevant and enjoyable for them.”

Oh yeah, this is the biggest load of horse**** right here. I don't care about opinions on this matter, how can using your cell phone make the movie more enjoyable. That means you're not even watching the ****ing thing.

Hell no. I work at a theater, and it's incredibly annoying to see people whip out their cell phones to check Facebook or Twitter during the previews and especially during the film. Newsflash: You CAN live without texting for a couple of hours. If you absolutely must do it, please go outside and do it in the lobby or bathroom.

And for people who are getting sick of seeing texters in theaters -- report them or go during times where they're a lot less likely (the biggest offenders come during Friday & Saturday between 5-9 p.m.). I've found midnight shows, first showing of the day or going during the week are mostly free of them.

I got called a couple homosexual slurs by a 40 year old (extremely overweight) security guard and a bunch of teenagers that were gathered around him in a small town theater for going to see a late movie with my brother...we were the only ones in the theater and it did look odd i suppose but i work and hes in college so it was the only time we could have bro time...when i said excuse me? he said do we have a problem and got his night stick out...the employees (who were teens and friends of him also) told me if i dont leave immediately they were gonna kick my ass and drag me out of the theater. My brother and me left and just stayed quiet...no need for a fight which wed never win...one of the employees then followed us out and yelled f**s as we got to our car and left...

I got called a couple homosexual slurs by a 40 year old (extremely overweight) security guard and a bunch of teenagers that were gathered around him in a small town theater for going to see a late movie with my brother...we were the only ones in the theater and it did look odd i suppose but i work and hes in college so it was the only time we could have bro time...when i said excuse me? he said do we have a problem and got his night stick out...the employees (who were teens and friends of him also) told me if i dont leave immediately they were gonna kick my ass and drag me out of the theater. My brother and me left and just stayed quiet...no need for a fight which wed never win...one of the employees then followed us out and yelled f**s as we got to our car and left...

Should have called the cops or waited for that fat **** to get off of his shift and jumped him. No joke.

I remember back when I was in college, they used to show somewhat recent movies at the theater on campus for a dollar. I remember going once to see something... I forget what the movie was now... but the whole time, this loudmouth b**ch in the back row kept yelling out loud comments after ANYTHING happened. You remember the part in Scary Movie where the girl is being obnoxious in the theater? THIS WAS THAT GIRL. Whenever someone told her to pipe down (and there were a LOT of us that did) she responded by saying "I PAID MY FOUR QUARTERS. I CAN TALK!" I think they eventually kicked her out of the theater.

I remember back when I was in college, they used to show somewhat recent movies at the theater on campus for a dollar. I remember going once to see something... I forget what the movie was now... but the whole time, this loudmouth b**ch in the back row kept yelling out loud comments after ANYTHING happened. You remember the part in Scary Movie where the girl is being obnoxious in the theater? THIS WAS THAT GIRL. Whenever someone told her to pipe down (and there were a LOT of us that did) she responded by saying "I PAID MY FOUR QUARTERS. I CAN TALK!" I think they eventually kicked her out of the theater.

:lmao:

Interesting insomuch that I can't fathom how dumb AMC must be to conflate the theatrical experience to that of a concert, sporting event, or stage show. There's no audience participation that feeds into or changes the product your consuming like one of the listed live events.

All this will do is drive people looking to budget into a direct path with people who treat movie-theaters as a social event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"